Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 02-15-2020, 05:15 PM

Default Update

Good evening, Boomers. As we stand now, we have 10 people for the 3 month group and 4 people for the 2 month group. Sign-ups are waaayyy off this round so unless something dramatic happens in the next few days, we'll just deal with it. Along that vein, how do the 2 month people feel about moving to the 3 month group? Hav, you are in both groups so you'd just drop the 2 month. SBG, I'm pretty sure you'll be ok to move to the 3 month; am I correct? That leaves 2 newbies, Christyj80590 and Missgigglewings. Would either of you mind moving to the 3 month group this round? You can let me know here or by email or pm, whatever is easiest.

As we do still have a little time, we might pick up another person or two, we'll see, but that won't substantially change the issue. If we do go with one group, we'll just continue this thread, no need to build a separate one and we'll all be together. That'll be a first. And yes, you all can send me 19 F8s so you will make and receive a full swap's worth of blocks. Each of you will get duplicates of a few fabrics but I'll make sure nobody gets any of their own fabrics; leave it to me.

Let me know what you think, Boomers. This is your swap!

Edited to add: Anyone who has said they want to join but hasn't sent their info isn't counted in the group yet. Please send your info (from the end of post #1) to the email listed. Without that, you aren't official! Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-15-2020 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:52 AM

It’s been a really rough week for me but I’m in. You won’t hear much from me for a few weeks. Mom ( 97, with the blue and white boom quilt) died last week , funeral Friday. This was a blessing, quick.

Got the call Friday night daughter is in emergency surgery. She got out with her life but lost some lady parts. I’m off to Omaha instead of home. Bringing quilt to her.

all is well enough now. Janice sorry for late response, will email.

To everyone take care of yourself! I’ve been thinking of all of you and hoping for good healing.

Janice
Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 AM

MJP, you have my condolences for loss of your mother. I'm happy you'll be able to see your daughter very soon. May her recovery be swift. Hugs. (Got your email and replied.)
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
It’s been a really rough week for me but I’m in. You won’t hear much from me for a few weeks. Mom ( 97, with the blue and white boom quilt) died last week , funeral Friday. This was a blessing, quick.

Got the call Friday night daughter is in emergency surgery. She got out with her life but lost some lady parts. I’m off to Omaha instead of home. Bringing quilt to her.

all is well enough now. Janice sorry for late response, will email.

To everyone take care of yourself! I’ve been thinking of all of you and hoping for good healing.

Janice
Old 02-16-2020, 12:54 PM

I was going to sit this one out but I added a second sewing retreat for next weekend, they needed a couple spots filled because some of the regulars weren't able to make it. So now that I have two retreats between now and the end of April I should be able to get some of my pending projects done and I can join the swap.
Is it OK to send flannel? The church is working on quilts that are being made into "beds" for the homeless and I bought a bunch of flannel to make some guy quilts with.
If not I'm still trying to bust my stash or at least reduce it, so will be sending 19 different fabrics if I can't send the flannel.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:13 PM

MonaG, we’d love to have you join again. As flannel is a bit different to work with, and not everyone has experience with it, I’m going to ask that you send regular, non-flannel, quilting cotton. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
MonaG, we’d love to have you join again. As flannel is a bit different to work with, and not everyone has experience with it, I’m going to ask that you send regular, non-flannel, quilting cotton. Thanks!
No problem.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

MJP, great to hear from you, but so sorry you have lost your mom. What a long life she had! It's a blessing when death is quick and not the result of a long drawn out illness. May she rest in peace and the rest of the family have peace, as well. Hope your daughter recovers well from her surgery.

As far as the Boom, I am fine with one consolidated 3 month group. 3 months always seems sooooo long to me, but I'll just get them done and send them in and then forget about them until they show back up. I usually only need about 2 weeks to do them all!

Mona, glad you are going to play... I don't have enough flannel to add to make flannel blocks so I'm glad you can do regular cotton.

So... counting Mona and MJP, do we have 16 players? That's not bad... only 3 repeats of fabric. Yay, can't wait to start!
Old 02-16-2020, 04:00 PM

I will be reading and following the group, but unfortunately, do not feel I can commit at this time. I look forward to joining next round. thanks!
Old 02-16-2020, 05:42 PM

SBG, at present, we have a total of 14 individuals. I'm hoping for a couple more but we shall see.

edited to add: Sent emails to Christyj80590 and Missgigglewings to make sure they will still be interested as they signed up for the 2 month group. Ladies, they're in your email now. Thanks!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-16-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:53 PM

Keep us in mind for the future. Feel free to stop in and say hello. Enjoy the Birthday Candy Swap!
Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
I will be reading and following the group, but unfortunately, do not feel I can commit at this time. I look forward to joining next round. thanks!