Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 09-14-2020, 05:02 PM

My fabric went out today, and is scheduled to arrive Thursday. Wish it could have gone out earlier but we were out of town for the past two weeks.

So I hope you like the fabric. A few years back I couldn't sleep and found this fabric at about 2:00 in the morning. and it arrived a few days later! I don't really remember buying it but I must have! Growing up I loved the Wizard of Oz books and the movie. Did you know it was a series of books? L. Frank Baum, the original author wrote 14 and after his death several other authors added to the series to have over 40 books.

So the fabric is done in the style of the illustrations from the book , but with the colors of the movie (in the book Dorothy wears silver shoes and not ruby ones). I will be sending character fabric, ruby slipper fabric,and yellow brick road fabric. For those of you getting the ruby slippers and yellow brick road I included a small swatch of the character fabric so you can get a better idea of the color family. Other than that, there are no other guidelines. Just have fun with it! I also bought some panel fabric which I will make simple blocks from to be mixed into this quilt. The blocks are about 8.5 inches so I will add a border to work with the swap blocks. I included pictures so you can see. I'm super excited to bring my childhood favorite to life and thanks to you all for helping!
Attached Thumbnails image0-6-small.jpg   image0-10-small.jpg   image0-3-small.jpg   image0-4-small.jpg   image0-5-small.jpg  

Old 09-14-2020, 06:48 PM

that's going to be a fun quilt, Irish!
Old 09-14-2020, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Irishmom, I love those illustrations and colors. Your fabric is going to be so much fun to work with!
Old 09-14-2020, 10:21 PM

Here is my block #20. I've included a note with the fabric asking for darker blue fabric and to use red if you want a third color. Since my printer is out of ink, I hand wrote the notes and hope you can read my horrible handwriting!
Attached Thumbnails sam_2177.jpg  
Old 09-15-2020, 12:30 AM

Pretty star, Biblio! Great fussy cutting too.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:13 AM

ooh, that's a great star!!
Old 09-15-2020, 06:57 AM

Default Boom

Irish love your wizard of Oz fabric, it’s going to be fun to work with

Biblistone wonderful star
Old 09-15-2020, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I love that star, B'stone.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:52 AM

Good Morning Flurries, no flurries here but we are in the middle of a hurricane! The latest forecast shows that the eye of the storm will be headed up Mobile Bay. We are located east of where the eye is to hit and will be getting the brunt of the storm. The hurricane shutters are in place, we have plenty of food and water and a generator if the power goes out. So for now we are just hunkered down waiting for the storm to pass.
While waiting for the Boom blocks to arrive, I decided to make 4 lap sized Jewel Box quilts for our children for Christmas, with a black background and bright batiks. I am working on 400 4 patches and hope to have them done today. I'm hoping to have the quilts long arm ready in the next week or two and I will do quilting in between making your blocks. I will post pictures of the quilts when they are finished.
I am looking forward to this Boom and working with all of the beautiful fabric that everyone has decided to use.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:24 AM

IrishMom, I love your Wizard of Oz fabric! I'm sure you'll get some interesting blocks. Bibliostone, that's one of my favorite stars and you make it beautifully. Lovely block.

We might be in the path of Sally after it travels inland and becomes a regular bad storm, nothing like those of you on or near the coast. We're expecting rain and winds but it shouldn't be bad. I hope.