Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 09-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Be careful, Mobile. We are in the path of it, too, as it moves inland. Our last refugee, from Hurricane Laura in LA, just went home today. He's an uncle who stayed up here with us, waiting for his power to be restored. That area is a huge mess. Hope we are not in for the same. We expect wind and rain, but hopefully not too much of either.

If the power stays on, it will be a good time to work on a quilt!
Old 09-15-2020, 05:10 AM

For everyone who will be in the path of the hurricaine, please stay safe and let us know how you are doing. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:39 AM

Default Hurricane Sally and COVID news

Looks like my part of the coast is safe for the moment. Mobile, my fingers are crossed that you have minimal inconveniences from Hurricane Sally. Stay safe everyone no matter what their weather. Covid is still out there.

Speaking of COVID.... I just saw this interesting article that says there is a chemical our body produces to keep our blood pressure down and COVID seems to cause our bodies to produce too much of it, thus causing all the symptoms associated with Covid. https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...n-storm-2020-9

Vitamin D is helping to keep that chemical from running out of control is one of the points that came out of the article. It doesn't prevent the virus from taking hold of you but it is linked to "less severe" covid symptoms.

I thought I would share this info with all my quilting buddies as I don't know when this will hit the mainstream news. Lets get outside more! Or at least take D3 supplements.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:52 AM

Default Safety

I agree, everyone in the way of the hurricane stay safe. When does the hurricane season usually end
Old 09-15-2020, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Terri... I haven't looked yet today to see the current path of the hurricane. As of yesterday we were in the path, but things change so fast.

We usually have hurricanes in late August and all of the month of Sept.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:42 AM

SBG, there’s no chance we’ll be starting early. Several packages were mailed early but are delayed. It’s possible that I may have to ship a day or two late depending upon their arrival as I’m going to be out of town this weekend (unexpected when I set dates) so I won’t be able to work on the group until Monday. This won’t leave enough hours to get it all done if the packages arrive on the weekend. We’ll just have to see how the mail goes this week.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

Of course that's fine, Janice. I know you'd mail early if you could. I hope the delayed packages get moving again!
Old 09-15-2020, 10:31 AM

Terriamn - hurricane season goes through November but the peak is right now.

Janice - the hurricane is likely to interfere with package delivery, too. I know you will get the packages out to us when you can. Thank you for coordinating this for us! Hopefully, you won't have hurricane level winds to deal with and the rain won't be obnoxious by the time Hurricane Sally gets to you.

I saw Cheesehead is in line to get the storm, too. Now is a good time to own a treadle sewing machine while we wait for the energy companies to get their lines repaired after the storm.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:01 PM

Cut more blocks for me and got another one sewn today.
Attached Thumbnails 101_1218a-2-.jpg  
Old 09-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Libster, LOL... It’s a tall, authoratative star with its hands on it’s hips. Probably tapping a foot too... Anyone else see it?