Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21*** >

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Boom 26 - Sign-ups now open thru 4/30/21***

Old 05-08-2021, 06:14 AM

I just received my prepaid envelopes yesterday so I am in the process of getting everything together to be mailed on Monday. That should be plenty of time for Janice to receive it before the 17th.
Here is a picture of the fabrics I am sending. It's an assortment of patriotic pieces. Everyone can use either red, white and/or blue in their block. Just have fun with it.

Attached Thumbnails boom-26.jpg  
Old 05-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Fun fabrics, Klaws!

When I mailed my package to Janice, I asked the post office for an $8.55 stamp, to include for return postage. They looked at me strange and said they didn't have a stamp in that denomination. Weird, as I know they exist. So I had to send a mixture of stamps that equal $8.55.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:52 AM

Klaws -- those are great patriotic fabrics!

Sewbizgirl -- they don't bother to order them as the prices keep changing in these days of restructuring the post office.

Janice -- my fabrics were sent to you this morning and your email has the tracking number. Let's hope the post office gets them delivered properly this time.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:03 AM

Default Signature block

Hi all. I think I want to collect signature blocks from those of you who don't mind writing your name on a piece of cloth so it can be included in my President's Quilt. I have added a small piece of white fabric to everyone's fat eighth packet. If you don't want to, you don't have to sign it. You can write your name or board name or both if you do want to let me document you on my quilt. I think I will be creating some red white and blue rail fence or log cabin blocks as part of the quilt. I will use the signed white strip in those blocks. Whatcha think?
Old 05-08-2021, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Hi all. I think I want to collect signature blocks from those of you who don't mind writing your name on a piece of cloth so it can be included in my President's Quilt. I have added a small piece of white fabric to everyone's fat eighth packet. If you don't want to, you don't have to sign it. You can write your name or board name or both if you do want to let me document you on my quilt. I think I will be creating some red white and blue rail fence or log cabin blocks as part of the quilt. I will use the signed white strip in those blocks. Whatcha think?
This sounds really fun! And since you've given everyone the choice, each person can do what feels right to them. I was thinking my block for you might have a 'rail fence' type component...wonder if that would be a good thing or not?!
Old 05-08-2021, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Great idea on the signature block. I think that will be a really neat element to your patriotic quilt.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:56 PM

Kristijoy, a rail block with the focus fabric would be great! I just won't put it near where I put the signature blocks. It will help tie the quilt together, too. I am glad you and Sewbizgirl think it won't be an awful idea to ask folks for their autograph or some kind of personalization to include in the quilt besides the beautiful blocks that are created..

I thought about this as I was recycling my bags from previous booms. I want to easily remember everyone and having your name on my quilt is a wonderful way to remind me of my quilting friends from the BOOMs. I follow a Civil War blog and they talk about signature blocks on older quilts alot. Maybe one of my BOOM quilts will survive into the future for folks to track you all down! I have no other obvious "friendship" quilts without signature blocks. This will be my first.

Last edited by ibex94; 05-08-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

I have, in the past, made a "map" of the blocks in my quilt, with each blockmaker's name. This I sewed onto the back.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:33 PM

Great Idea a signature block. I'm in!
Old 05-08-2021, 05:50 PM

Ibex95, great idea on the signatures. I love the idea that there is a bit of me somewhere out there...