Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2533

Thread: Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Hi Wendsy, What a great way to refresh and redecorate your room! Fun stuff, this boomerang.

Blog Entries
    I think a king is 90x100

Well all my foster children have flown the nest and I'm an empty nester again. Just waiting on F8 from :letsquilt, mbogenpohl, new2quilting and purplemem. This has been such a fun swap, can't wait until Boom #4. I only hope everyone likes the block I sent them. Wish I had the expertise that some of you do, I have seen some beautiful blocks. Thanks for letting me be part of this.

Thanks. I guess I just need to get out a paper and pencil and figure it out. ... All the computer stuff in the world just cannot beat a scratch pad and a pencil for me! lol

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    I think a king is 90x100

I just received the nicest block from Bibliostone. It really is nice. Thank You.

Blog Entries
    I received a beautiful grown up block from shaysmema today, and her signature block. It fits in perfectly with all the other blocks that I have gotten. I have to say again, I am going to have 2 awesome quilts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just did a king size quilt it was 120 x 120.Fit the bed perfect.

I will update what I have sent and received next week. I have been really buzy with my Mom visiting. We are makinga quenn size quiltto donate to The City Of Hope, Hope Cuts. The quilt is beautiful, but is taking a long time.

I believe that new2quilting is not actually participating in this swap. I have PM'd her and asked her to join the board and to get updates from her. I have not received any response. The last time she posted anything was August 16th.

Thanks for the kinds words about my son. I am a bit overwhelmed but that is the definition of parenthood, right?

On a more positive note...I got a new foster kitty : ) The previous kitty got a home. I hope this kitty doesn't enjoy quilting as much as the last one!

Blog Entries
    Fryguy, post a picture of your charity quilt when you get done with it, would love to see it.

Children are a challenge, but well worth the effort. Mine are both on their own, but I can't stop mothering them. They pretend to listen to us, then do what they want. Those apron strings are very strong, and don't break. Just gotta love them and do your best. It's amazing how good they turn out, even with all the mistakes.

It must be hard to give up the foster kittens, I don't know if I could do it, we took care of my oldest son's cat, Stash, for three weeks, when he went to Ohio to move his girlfriend out here to Oregon, and he became my kitty, But when my son came back he took him back, now when I go to visit, he comes running and starts talking like crazy, and won't let me alone, talking all the time, it's funny, because I'm the only one he talks to like this. We use to have wonderful morning conversations while I combed him in the mornings, and at night before we went to bed(not him, he's more of a night owl that me). So I have to go visit him all the time.

Good to know. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by letsquilt
    I just did a king size quilt it was 120 x 120.Fit the bed perfect.

I finally took that long promised photo of the blocks I have received. My wall is starting to sing! Thanks to all.

Received blocks for Jupiter
    Name:  Attachment-96617.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  85.6 KB

Beautiful blocks Jupiter. I finally took a picture of mine. I love them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love them ... great blocks .. and all grown up ready to make a gorgeous quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    I will update what I have sent and received next week. I have been really buzy with my Mom visiting. We are makinga quenn size quiltto donate to The City Of Hope, Hope Cuts. The quilt is beautiful, but is taking a long time.

I believe that new2quilting is not actually participating in this swap. I have PM'd her and asked her to join the board and to get updates from her. I have not received any response. The last time she posted anything was August 16th.

Thanks for the kinds words about my son. I am a bit overwhelmed but that is the definition of parenthood, right?

On a more positive note...I got a new foster kitty : ) The previous kitty got a home. I hope this kitty doesn't enjoy quilting as much as the last one!
    Enjoy your new foster kitty. Sure hope new 2 quilting is ok. It is a shame for someone to sign up and then not take part. They don't know how much fun they are missing. :-(

I received another beautiful boomerang block today. Thanks to shaysmema! It is beautiful and a special thanks for the signature block.

Blog Entries
    received two beautiful blocks today, one from jlin, and one from Goldendog. Will post when unpack my camera.

Blog Entries
    I'm on the computer at the local library. One of my favorite things to do on vacation is check out the local library. Part of being a librarian I guess! The blocks that have been posted have been great. Kind of going through sewing withdrawal, but visiting the site helps. :)

Blog Entries
    I received two grown up blocks from Oatw13, they are both beautiful blocks and fit in on the wall just beautifully. I also got my son and new daughter in law to be's quilt done today. It is all ready to be sent off to the quilters. I am so excited. It isn't perfect by any means but I am so proud of it, and it is nothing like the pattern so I guess they will have a very unique wedding quilt.

Block #1 from oatw13
    Name:  Attachment-102834.jpe
Views: 23
Size:  49.2 KB

Block #2 from oatw13
    Name:  Attachment-102835.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  47.3 KB

Son and daughter in law to be wedding quilt
    Name:  Attachment-102836.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  87.5 KB

Cody & Kristen's wedding quilt
    Name:  Attachment-102960.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  89.3 KB

GORGEOUS!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Ksea, your wedding quilt is beautiful. I love the colors, and the design, it wasn't a mistake, just an improvement.

I also think the blocks you received are beautiful, they are so rich.

When's the wedding?

Blog Entries
    Thank you I am so proud, I can't believe I did it!! the wedding is Oct 30th.

Blog Entries
    Good, you gave yourself plenty of time. I usually end up with having to finish the binding the night before I give it away.

Blog Entries
    I have never done a binding before so the friend of Odessa's that is quilting it for me is going to sew the binding on the front for me so all I have to do is blind stitch it to the back. My sister says she will help me with that so I think I should be all right. the wedding is on the 30th so we aren't leaving until the 28th to drive out so I think I will be okay for time.

Great blocks and beautiful wedding quilt ...

Blog Entries
    Here are the two blocks I promised to post.

Block from jlin
    Name:  Attachment-103847.jpe
Views: 2
Size:  47.2 KB

block from Goldendog, don't you just love the green she used to compliment my floral.
    Name:  Attachment-103848.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  71.5 KB

Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast