Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Just wanted to let all you ladies that I have mailed my fabric to day.
    Janelle

Blog Entries
    Oh my, I better get hopping on this. i need a new blade first otherwise my back won't take that much pressure from cutting. Off to Joann's I will be or will send a child to get.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I mailed half of my fabric today and rest will go out in the next couple of days.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I am using Black and white fabric , excited to see what you all make.

Blog Entries
    Here are the three fabrics that I am sending, washed pressed and ready to cut.

uploaded by iFlickr

Country quilts tend to sell around me and I am left with bits and pieces from orders. I want to incorporate these blocks into a country scrappy quilt to use up the leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Well, I've got all but 2 of mine ready to mail in the morning ... but I ran out of stamps.

(And I'm trying to figure out how to stuff myself into the Ireland and Germany envelopes! I've always wanted to visit both! )
    You mean you're not a contortionist?

Yaya-yes I was so excited to be able to do it and I truly enjoyed the rewarding feeling that it gave me. Now I just commend those who can. I made my BF (best friend not boy friend as I am married lolol) a firefighter quilt for his 40th birthday. He loved it and uses it every day. So many people were like you should hang it up or put it away and never use it. To me that is NOT what a quilt is about. It is not loved if it is not used is my opinion.
    And yes I feel so much better than I have in so long! It feels beyond amazing to feel human again and to be able to see AND feel my legs again!
    OK Darla-In order to make the groups even I did not put you in the fire group. I am so sorry. I hope this is okay with you. It was really hard balancing the groups this time around.

Ladies you all will be helping me with a very special project-new bathroom curtains LOL. I am redoing our bathroom and have decided to go from ducks to western. So anything you want to make is great with me all I ask is you stick with the colors in the F8 I send. I am attaching a picture of my fabric...hope it inspires you all
    Hugs
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK...so I already have ideas for moonrise's block!!! I sortof have an idea for our wonderful coordinator LovingIsabella... NDQuilts...Hmmm...will have to see which color I get to decide. Wanda Lou, I love your black and white idea. I'm actually working on a black and white with red fabric right now. Gonna be FUN!!! Can't wait to see what everyone else sends in!!!

Moonrise I received your fabric today, and can't wait to get started.
    Yosa I have always wanted a black and white quilt but never got around to making one for ME. and I love the idea of adding a slpash of red but I wasnt sure if we could suggest color or not. I can't wait to see what you create.

Ok ladies, I haven't even got my fabric ready to mail yet. Maybe tonight. I'm thinking 30's?? I received an F8 from Yosamitesa today and have her block completed and will be in tomorrows mail. I hope you enjoy your block.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    Ok ladies, I haven't even got my fabric ready to mail yet. Maybe tonight. I'm thinking 30's?? I received an F8 from Yosamitesa today and have her block completed and will be in tomorrows mail. I hope you enjoy your block.
    Really Mom???????? You just HAD to be the first block done right? LOL
    Love you
    Hugs
    April

Well Hon, ya know how it is??? Done and out ASAP.
    Love you to.
    MOM

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    Love you
    Hugs
    April
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

OK, FireWomen, I got my fabric mailed out today (Fri) to everyone. I was able to add an additional piece of fabric, so you should have plenty for a block. (See my previous post)

My method of making blocks is "First In, First Out" -- I write the date I rec'd the F8 on the envelope when I get it. (And I don't waiver from that method, no matter HOW tempted I may be!) Please know that I will be on vacation the middle 2 weeks of April, so no sewing then. I'm going to Florida - WOOOHOOO!
    To QUILT is human.
    To FINISH is divine.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...4369F3FA17.png

Oh, I so agree with you, first in and out. I also mark mine as they come in and do them in order. Have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
    OK, FireWomen, I got my fabric mailed out today (Fri) to everyone. I was able to add an additional piece of fabric, so you should have plenty for a block. (See my previous post)

My method of making blocks is "First In, First Out" -- I write the date I rec'd the F8 on the envelope when I get it. (And I don't waiver from that method, no matter HOW tempted I may be!) Please know that I will be on vacation the middle 2 weeks of April, so no sewing then. I'm going to Florida - WOOOHOOO!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I mailed my f8 squishies today from Arizona!! (except the 3 I will mail when I return home Mar 27)
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    Moonrise I received your fabric today, and can't wait to get started.
    Yosa I have always wanted a black and white quilt but never got around to making one for ME. and I love the idea of adding a slpash of red but I wasnt sure if we could suggest color or not. I can't wait to see what you create.
    Well...who knows...now I know you like RED!!! Can't wait to get yours in!!!

Holy smokes!!! You were QUICK!!! I can't wait!!! And thank you for making a square for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    Love you
    Hugs
    April
    Ok...that is awesome!!! Y'all are making me laugh tonight!!!

Well Hon, ya know how it is??? Done and out ASAP.
    Love you to.
    MOM
    OK!!! Y'all are killing me. I'm laughing so hard I have tears. Told my mom what y'all put and she is laughing too!!! Awesome!!!

I'm totally digging this group!!! Can we put in a request to have the same ladies next boom swap???

Your so welcome, I hope you like it, simple but an awesome block. This is an awesome group.
    Have a great night ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Well...who knows...now I know you like RED!!! Can't wait to get yours in!!!

Holy smokes!!! You were QUICK!!! I can't wait!!! And thank you for making a square for me!!!

Ok...that is awesome!!! Y'all are making me laugh tonight!!!

OK!!! Y'all are killing me. I'm laughing so hard I have tears. Told my mom what y'all put and she is laughing too!!! Awesome!!!

I'm totally digging this group!!! Can we put in a request to have the same ladies next boom swap???
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

LOL Yose I try to fulfill all requests from my swappers but some would say that is unfair to select groups teehee
    I received your fabric yesterday and I have the PERFECT fabric to go with it....I just have to find it in my mess of a sewing room sigh..
    Some day I will get that room together and all of my fabric organized, but not today I am sure LOL
    Hugs
    April

Happy National Quilting Day and Happy St Patrick's Day! I'm a little bummed since I can't quilt today (don't have my machine with me!) There's always next year right!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Jhaper and Yosa i got your fabric today, And I have the perfect matching fabric for both of you.

Happy St.Patrick's Day.

moonrise, jaharper, & goldendog55 i received yalls today!!! Let the fun begin!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day and today is my 5 year anniversary!!!

Question...do we post pics before we send squares home or when we get them???

The person that receives the block gets to post pictures, unless they ask you to do it for them.

Received a very pretty F8 from Moonrise today, completed block will head back home on Monday. I hope you enjoy the block.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Ok!!! Coordinating fabric picked, washed and in dryer!!! Patterns picked and will cut when fabric is dry and my toddler goes down for a nap. Ahhhh...the life if a mom of a two on my 5 year anniversary.

I have received moonrise & Yosamitesa F8's. Spent a couple of hours last night after work looking thru my books. Think I have the patterns all figured out for each one. Now to get cutting.
    Janelle

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast