Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
I'm mailing my f8 to Jacquie today.

April: hope it's not too late to make a block in blues for your sweet lil one, as I intend on making one, but may not finish it for a few weeks, since I'm getting a slow start to the booms after my surgery!!!
Karen,
No worries at all. It is going to take me some time to decide on sashing, setting and such so there is plenty of time and I cannot thank you enough. Do not fret take care of you first and foremost!
Huge Hugs
April
Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM

I thought I would wait until I have a group of blocks to post pictures. Can't wait to see everyones blocks.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
Beautiful blocks everyone!
I received a beautiful one from Yosa. I will post a picture tomorrow as I will not be home tonight. Thanks so much Cindy!
Hugs
April
I am SO glad you like it. I was REALLY worried about that!!! It was a special block that 1/2 way through I made up my mind I don't think I will EVER do again. Hugs and I'm glad you enjoy it!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Got fabric from tildiemae today!!! Still waiting on LindaC and Jacquie. I am going to mail out Jacquie's next week...
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM

I'm sorry that I haven't written for a while. I've been busy with my business. I've received all f8s, except from LindaC.

I'll post pics later, but I've received some very nice blocks from: buddy'smom, moonrise, quiltingnonie, Veronika, wandalou, and Yosamitesa. Thank you very much!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 PM

I received not one ... not two ... not three ... but FOUR grown-up blocks in the mail today! JACKPOT!!!

From Veronika - I *love* it! What an appropriate grandmother/granddaughter block, with the two hearts. Thanks also for the egg coloring. How fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325591[/ATTACH]

And WandaLou sent me this gorgeous block! Your note made me smile. I was terrified to cut into the fabric too, even though I knew I'd get back a bunch of lovely blocks and that it would be very well worth it! LOL! Thanks for the very pretty addition to my quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325592[/ATTACH]

Yayaquilts sent me this pretty block called "Hens and Chicks". I love it, and your note made me smile. It's a funny coincidence, but my grandmother and my great-grandmother (her mom) used to keep plants called "Hens and Chicks". They're a type of succulent, with a "hen" (mother) plant that sprouts little "chicks" (young plants). I always enjoyed looking at their plants and flowers, and I remember being particularly fascinated by the "Hens and Chicks" plants. So your block is perfect in more ways than one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325593[/ATTACH]

NDQuilts sent this lovely block called "Bridal Path". Isn't it pretty? I just love it, and I enjoyed your note as well. Thanks so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325594[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang7-received-veronika.jpg   boomerang7-received-wandalou.jpg   boomerang7-received-yayaquilts.jpg   boomerang7-received-ndquilts.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 PM

Here's a status update, while I've got the spreadsheet in front of me.

Awaiting F8's from LindaC, tildiemae, jacquie.

Awaiting grown-up blocks from goldendog55, jahaper, LindaC, MdmSew'n'Sew, QuilterMomma, tildiemae, jacquie (see below). No rush whatsoever ... there's still oodles of time left in the swap.

I'll be mailing my F8 to jacquie hopefully in the morning.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:41 PM

Hopefully you will receive my F8 either tomorrow or Saturday! I'm trying to finish a t-shirt quilt for a deadline tomorrow so all the F8's are tucked safely away for the time being!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 PM

No rush, tildie! There's plenty of time.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM

lovely blocks ladies!!
it must be great to have them starting to arrived through your letter boxes!!!

i have 3/4 of mine in envelopes, i had to cut more fabric to wash... and i need to buy a few more envelopes...

tuesday the post office will be open again after easter, then i will send them on their merry way!!
i noticed there is one going to ireland and one to germany!!
woohoo! exciting!!