Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Blog Entries
    Received f8s from missgiggliwigs, ljdugas, and TwinriversFarm. Already went stash shopping so have the fabrics ready to cut up in am and get blocks made. Forgot rotary cutter at office so can't do at home. Oops, my bad. See, there is a birthday present they family should get me.

Now if you are wondering, Fiberworks in Billings, MOntana is having their sale fabric at $3 per yard. All who can, go shop Billings, Montana Fiberworks, Laura Heine, and get a great buy on fabric. All day Saturday is their sale on different things.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I am still under the covers with the CRUD... I hate summer sickness... I got lots of Squishes in the mail today. I have not opened the envelopes yet, will tomorrow... EXCEPT Chocolate~ Thank you soooooo much Elisabrat! I love Baby Ruth... Hubby looked at me and started to say something about no chocolate while training as he walked away. Smart man, don't stand between me and my chocolate when I feel cruddy!

I am giving this stuff 3 days, then I am done with it! (I am just hoping it is done with me too) Linda, I am going to call you later this evening. I am really looking forward to meeting you when I see you in Fresno in November ...

OK back to bed!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Oooops forgot to post names I received F8 from: ljdugas31, Elisabrat, Abby's Mom, TwinRiverFarm, Missgigglewings. Thanks ladies I will work on them in a few days.

Blog Entries
    I haven't been to Billings since the day we arrived in Great Falls, but I have to go in October for my son's pediatric opthamologist appointment. I'm planning to spend the night, eat at Olive Garden, and hit some of the stores before we come home the next night. I have learned the hard way that, in Montana, it's easier to spend the night if the trip is longer than 3 hours. And if it involves a pass (i.e., over the mountains) just plan to spend the night period. Those drives are so stressful to me. I have a great story for why:

Last October, I drove to Missoula via Rogers Pass. On that trip, I encountered brown bears on the side of the road, deer (with huge horns) in the middle of the road, and then big horn sheep in the middle of the road. And then I drove 30 miles through a cloud. I thought I was going to have a stroke - that is more wildlife in one day than I've encountered in my entire LIFE. And then the driving through the cloud was on the edge of a rather steep drop-off into a national forest. All I could envision was me sneezing and ending up in the ravine being eaten to death by bears. AND THEN I HAD TO DRIVE BACK! I had a stress migraine for 3 days after that.

I have a great many ways I don't want to die and 9 of the top 10 end with "in my car." As in, "drowning in my car" or "being skewered by deer antlers in my car." You know, traumatic or involving being conscious as it happens.
    Mischief Managed.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Elisabrat you are too funny, I'm retired remember, I better keep this house clean! Actually hubby wouldn't say a word, honest, it's me. I'm a little picky over that stuff, ask my kids they'll tell you and I've even mellowed some. Just a me thing. m QMamma thanks alot, kids will be here Saturday, no way, or I would for sure.

Today I received from Elisabrat (thank you for the potatoes, jaba, ljdugas31, Thamamahauser, TwinRiverFarm. These will be fun to do. Shopping my tiny stash tomorrow but know I'll be FORCED to go to the QS...OH NO!!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Thought you might appreciate that SheriR, I'm trying to get them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Thought you might appreciate that SheriR, I'm trying to get them to you.
    Most definitely jaba. I'm originally from Idaho. We usually always bring GOOD potatoes back to Texas when we visit up there. Very fun at security when they check through a 50lb box of potatoes!!! HAHA..... I literally drooled when I saw your delicious potato!
    SheriR~

Okie dokie ... Jaba, TwinRiverFarm, and TheMamaHauser have grown-up blocks headed back their way in the morning.

Pics in sig line if you want to peek, or you can let it be a surprise ... your choice.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Okie dokie ... Jaba, TwinRiverFarm, and TheMamaHauser have grown-up blocks headed back their way in the morning.

Pics in sig line if you want to peek, or you can let it be a surprise ... your choice.
    I'm just so jealous/impressed of how well you're interpreting these fabrics. Your blocks are so pretty.
    SheriR~

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I'm just so jealous/impressed of how well you're interpreting these fabrics. Your blocks are so pretty.
    Oh wow ... thanks! I appreciate that. I always worry that I'll make a block that's totally the opposite of what the sender had in mind, and that it'll stick out like a sore thumb in their quilt.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    omgosh! i haven't rec'd any e-mails from this thread, except from april! so happy to be doing this again. and need i mention, i LOVE diamonds! can never have too many! have already rec'd 5 f8's. whoosh!! is that some more coming in??
    moonrise
    twinriverfarm
    yosemitesa
    ljdugas31
    marytoddliz
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I have my first two blocks finished but i am not posting pics -- so surprise squishies

Blog Entries
    I thought that I had fast mail service but whew! Today I received:
    Abby's Mom
    Elisabrat
    ljdugas31
    missgigglewings
    roseysue
    savannahrandons
    TheMammaHauser
    TwinRiverFarm

That's 11 F8s in 3 days! No pressure though right?!?
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Fraew, no pressure, I see you haven't got mine yet...heehee. Moonrise those lemons look nice and juicy. Yup, couldn't stand it, I just had to look. Thank you so much, will let you know when I receive 'caus I'll post a big pic.

Ok i got f8s from
    moonrise
    yosamitesa
    marytoddliz
    abbys mom.....
    and i am sending all your grownup blocks out tomorrow...

I received Missgigglewings, moonrise, Yosamitsea, Jaba, and Marytoddliz....

Blog Entries
    ok, y'all need to take an afternoon off and have a tea party, or something! this boom just started and already i'm behind! pout! i will do my best to catch up, but i have an awful lot happening right now!

Blog Entries
    Nancia, don't worry about it, you have the rest of the year! I am working on a few blocks and need clarification, so sending some PM's.

I have been sick in bed for 3 days, now I want to get up and do something... maybe I better not play with fabric, my head is spinning~ Time to quit whining! maybe I will go watch a movie.

Marybeth get back in bed, go away, come back when you get a fulls nites rest and thats the rules right guys? no cheating, no sneaking past go, just sleep girly and you can feel better and guess what? the board.. and all of us.. we will still be here. Hugs hugs hugs.

Now onto the rest of you... I am slower than molasses. I just finished my third block. Three blocks three days. And they took most of the day to do mediocre work. how sad. its coming back though so be happy if your slower to mail to me I am getting a bit better each round. moonrise yours is done and tada perfect 12.5 I am going to put photos here somewhere soon as I can figure out where. Put them on the computer now to put them online grrr. another learning move.. yipes. Tomorrow is the pink beige baby fabric (that is number 4, I numbered them as I opened them and wrote the kind of fabric on the front also).. wish me luck on keeping it all on track in and outs.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    elizabrat-- you and marytoddliz have made me feel better! not everyone is a speed demon! i have to take timeout to clean the family room. our new sofa comes saturday, and i will be at a lqs learning about my embroidery machine. i'm not sure what's under the old sofa so i've gathered my sword, my rolling pin and 2 fierce cocker spaniels, and i've got my under-armor on, so i'm ready to go in. no, no! don't stop me! it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!
    (any volunteers?) marytoddliz-- you get to feeling better right away. now that could be my dieing wish so you'd better do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    elizabrat-- you and marytoddliz have made me feel better! not everyone is a speed demon! i have to take timeout to clean the family room. our new sofa comes saturday, and i will be at a lqs learning about my embroidery machine. i'm not sure what's under the old sofa so i've gathered my sword, my rolling pin and 2 fierce cocker spaniels, and i've got my under-armor on, so i'm ready to go in. no, no! don't stop me! it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!
    (any volunteers?) marytoddliz-- you get to feeling better right away. now that could be my dieing wish so you'd better do it!!
    Please don't feel bad I have gotten five fabrics and all I have done is open them and number them. I made myself my sample block just for the practice. We shall see if I can get to one tomorrow. Nancia so please don't feel behind.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    i'm not sure what's under the old sofa so i've gathered my sword, my rolling pin and 2 fierce cocker spaniels, and i've got my under-armor on, so i'm ready to go in. no, no! don't stop me! it's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!
    LOL!!! I'm in the slow boat too. Plenty of time to lollygag and still make it to the finish line.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I haven't started on mine yet either I've got other swaps to catch up on first then I will tackle these F8.

We have 4 months to do them and I'm trying to get everything else out of the way first. I still haven't even finish cutting my F8 But I have a few to send out. But I've got to purchase some stamps I've been having lower back issues and been to the Dr. and just haven't felt like doing much.
    Donna

(`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

I haven't started either. Life with a 2yo gets in the way. Picked some fabs last night. Have questions on some, will send PM's this morning...be on the look out. I'm shooting on Labor Day weekend to get started.

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast