Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Question Your in put please

I am a DIAMONDS girl.

If I send tea dyed premium MODA muslin(looks a bit like vintage muslin) and request for colors-

Patriotic Americana darker shades of Red/burgundy, crème and darker or grey blues or Civil War fabrics. Please no bright red/white/blue.

Do you think that would work? I am trying to communicate what I am looking for. Does this make sense to you?

Let me know if that is too hard. I just think it would be fun to do that but I am not into the bright red/white and blue.

What is everyone using for fabrics? Or is that supposed to be part of the surprise?
    Anna Quilts

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good to me annaquilts, I think I know what your talking about. Hint on mine..you'll be able to make me maybe a blueberry pie, strawberry shortcake, or a jar of canned tomatoes?

anna I can do what ever you like and it is not too complicated. Go for it. I have civil war material and others that I am sure would work fine.
    Jaba I will love to work on your material. it looks so yummy. maybe I might eat it instead. LOL.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Jaba- Oooohhh foods! I love it. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Sounds good to me annaquilts, I think I know what your talking about. Hint on mine..you'll be able to make me maybe a blueberry pie, strawberry shortcake, or a jar of canned tomatoes?
    Yosamitesa- Dr. Seus is so much fun. I can't wait to see which one I get to work with.

QuilterMomma I hope I get to make a 1930 block for you. I have a small pile of Fat Quarters.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Anna, I'm in and know exactly what you are looking for. Jaba, yours is gonna be fun, even though I'm stumped on a design. It'll come to me, I know it will.

Thank you for the encouragemement urgosdschild2.

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    anna I can do what ever you like and it is not too complicated. Go for it. I have civil war material and others that I am sure would work fine.
    Jaba I will love to work on your material. it looks so yummy. maybe I might eat it instead. LOL.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Jaba- Oooohhh foods! I love it. Bring it on.

Yosamitesa- Dr. Seus is so much fun. I can't wait to see which one I get to work with.
    If u really wanna know, pm me and I'll tell ya which one you got. If ya wanna be surprised, then I can accommodate that too!!

Blog Entries
    So, if I stick a signature block or a small "sign me" label in each envelope, is it going to be a gigantic pain to keep track of it, sign it, & send it back with the block?

Is it asking too much?
    Mischief Managed.

No not too much at all. Just be sure to spell it out for me. I am the type that is willing but needs extra directions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    So, if I stick a signature block or a small "sign me" label in each envelope, is it going to be a gigantic pain to keep track of it, sign it, & send it back with the block?

Is it asking too much?
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Where do I start....

QMamma - I also entertained 30s so I would love to play with that if that is what you decide.
    Yosamitesa - I know what to do with yours too. Can't wait!
    Jaba - Yum, yum! The problem with yours is that I have too many ideas...hope to narrow it down quickly when your little treasure arrives.
    Anna - I love your idea. CW patriotic fabrics are on my top 10 list. That's what I think I will use for Deb's swap so I have some of that yummy stuff on hand and ready to go. Are you also hoping for CWish style blocks? Or anything goes. I don't mind a little direction at all.

Let's go Diamonds! Let's go diamonds!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post

Anna - I love your idea. CW patriotic fabrics are on my top 10 list. That's what I think I will use for Deb's swap so I have some of that yummy stuff on hand and ready to go. Are you also hoping for CWish style blocks? Or anything goes. I don't mind a little direction at all.

Let's go Diamonds! Let's go diamonds!
    Hehehehe you make me feel like I am in High School again.

CWish block would be great but I know there was a request not to specifiy type of blocks so I will glaldy comply with that. I am doing all 36 blocks Patriotic Americana/Civil War so I can get multiple quilts out of it. I will try and sort the blocks according to how they are made, the colors and fabrics used.

Waiting for hubby to come home with the tea bags. My fabric is washed and sitting wet in the sink waiting for a good soak in the tea.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Awesome, I am sending on some 30s fabric. I will post a photo of it. You can use any 30s fabric with it. I am trying to use up the stack of fabric I have. I just finished this morning my 18" log cabin blocks for my star quilt, then I finished up the extra blocks into the baby quilt, then I had enough left over that I did nine patch block log cabins with the left overs I had from Tam moos quilt and I have enough to make another baby quilt. I am so done with log cabins. I am going to use up the last of the strips and little pieces and make the nine patch border just so I don't have the tiny pieces hanging all over the place. Just can't throw them away. Silly me, I know. So off to teach my class at the LQS and resist buying anything. If I really get stuck, I just may, but I am going to use up what I have and send out different pieces besides the two yards I do have. This way it will be the scrappy appearance I like in the 30s fabric. So glad I am a jewel, although the candy bar sounded good.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    They're all addressed, only took me 2 hours for both groups, my hands tired. Mind went dense on the mail merge. Final count 53 to make, oops promised sustraley 2 so 54. First here, first out. Some of you will be cussing me I'm sure over this fabric, but I'm gonna' have a fun quilt and an awesome table runner and set of placemats. It goes from blueberries, banana's, green apples to peppers, tomatoes, and garlic and everything in between. Envelopes were sealed so will have to do the candy on the return trip.
    Hubby just walked in the door, looked at all the envelops, said "Oh, my Gosh" and left!!

Blog Entries
    Mine are in the mail! I thought the mail guy was going to faint when I showed him my shoe box full of Manila Envelopes. it cost me $30.44 cents to mail out to two groups. If I have you in both groups I sent your fabric in One envelope. The cost was the same so I saved 65 cents that way. There are 7 people that are in both the Diamonds and Pearls. I hope you don't mind getting them together. I sent even The one to Canada that way. If you write on it Scrap of fabric NO value, you don't have to fill out custom form and the postage for me was only $1.17Now I get to wait for your fabric to come to me~

happy day ladies, happy day!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Oh how I love 30's fabric, and Dr Seuss, and fruits... oh my it is going to be so fun. When I told my husband he had to buy me some Diamonds and Pearls to go with my quilting groups, he brought me my Diamond and pearl earrings, (they have been in my jewelry box for way to long) said, 'just wear these!' He is just no fun!

For you BOOM veterans could you share what is the most efficient, cost effective and safest way to ship all the F8s and later ther completed blocks?
    Anna Quilts

themammahauser i noticed that to and had to laugh usually im the only one from montana let alone the same city

Everyone's fabric sounds wonderful to me. I will do my best to try and do I Civil War block too. I am sending out a solid black kona fabric. I want bright colored fabrics used as it is going to a teenager. I have Dr Seuss fabrics to go with your fabrics. The food one should be interesting. I am so very excited for this. I am new to the boom swap so I hope that I do all this stuff correctly. Thx Ladies
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

OK, I knew this was going to happen! I mowed the lawn and then stopped there! I sat on the patio and ate a late lunch and looked through several mags of quilt blocks marking ones I want to try. I'm washing more fabric now and listening to a rerun of the 'Prairie Home Companion' while catching up on the board.

TheMamaHauser - I saw that too on my spreadsheet. I just assumed you guys were friends who joined the board together. What are the odds of that??? The sign block is no problem. I keep all the stuff in their envelopes and number them as they come in. When I have time to work on the blocks I pull out #1, read the instructions, hunt for coordinating fabric, make the block, stuff it in an envelope to mail off, make a notation on my spreadsheet and then on to #2. Things went very smoothly for me last Boom doing that. I also put all the extra fabric back in the envelope and keep it there until the swap is over in case something happens and someone needs their scraps back to make an extra block or whatever.

annaquilts - I LOVE civil war fabrics. I have some in my stash and know exactly what you are talking about. It's on my wish list to make myself a lapquilt sometime.

yosamitesa - I don't have any kids and have never made a child's quilt. The one baby quilt I made was for a coworker who named her girl Rose and I made a really girlie quilt with roses. The 2-3 blocks I made in the last boom had me sweating I was so nervous about it but I think they came out OK and up for the challenge again!

jaba - fruit blocks will be new for me, will have to see what I get. And I get 2 since you are doing an extra swap with me!!! I think I'm going to be able to relate regarding addressing all those envelopes unless I get a new printer!

I can't wait to start getting your fabrics - how fun!

Blog Entries
    Everyone is different but we all have our favorite way to get it done. I like the 6 X 9 Manila envelopes, I buy 25 for $3.99 at our local mercantile. Then after I wash and press the fabric cut it into F8ths I fold them the flattest I can get them and wrap in Cling wrap, I use the Brawny brand, get it at the Dollar store. It's funny it is terrible to use when working with food, but I love it for the swaps. Press out all the air with your hand, that makes the fabric flatter. If you get it really flat you might be able to get it in a regular envelope or a Legal sized. I know I get a lot of them mailed to me just fine. The reason I don't send them that way is because of my local PO... They love to give me a hard time, and if you use the bigger envelope they hand process them, but the postage is 65 cents.

The 20 cents for me is worth it, to play nicely with our PO staff and really if it gets to the destination easier and faster, I am all for it!

The finished block I send back the same way. I will fold the finished block differently because depending on the seams it is easier to fit in the envelope. I hope this helps.

OH yeah one more thing I use the spreadsheet that April sends us and I add notes to it, my notes are easier for me to rummage through that the envelopes I get. On the spreadsheet I add a column for the fabric I send out, that way you can keep track at a glance the number of blocks outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    For you BOOM veterans could you share what is the most efficient, cost effective and safest way to ship all the F8s and later ther completed blocks?

I also use the cling wrap and press out all the air. I use business envelopes for both my F8s and the return blocks. My PO is pretty good with taking them. It cost 45 to mail the F8's and 65 for the return blocks for the US. Iknow what you mean about some PO's. Last boom, half the envelope was missing on the return block from luv2sew, the only way I knew it was from her was the city/state on the post office stamp on the upper right hand of the envelope. She had it wrapped in plastic and it was perfect!

I also make a note on the spreadsheet which F8 I sent to everyone.

Make sure that you have me on your list If you need my address you can PM me. You should have received an email from April about this, but just letting ya'll know...

I have a pretty good idea of what fabric I will be sending. I am thinking of sending a white TOT, and have you add reds to it, and make a red quilt. After I decided how many of the red blocks I want I will be doing the same thing, but adding blue to the white instead. So I can have me a red and white quilt and a blue and white quilt

Hope everyone is doing well!

I am a DIAMOND!!!!! Yippee!!! Diamonds are my best friends. Though it does get a little boring because my birthstone is diamonds too. Sometimes I would like to get sapphires, emeralds, rubies etc. LOL

I am checking to see if everyone got my corrected address in ND to send their fabrics too? This is my summer address. The address on the spread sheet is my winter address. If you didn't get it just send me a PM and I will get it to you, Right away.

Sew excited to get everyones fabrics,

Linda58
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

I use the regular "legal" sized envelopes. I fold my fabric flat and wrap with the press n seal. I put an addy label either in or on that so that if it gets lost, it comes back to me. I also put in a letter for the swapper to know my wishes for colors, etc. Since I used the Dr. Seuss fabrics this time (they were thicker) it was 65 cents for me to mail them. Last time it cost me 45 cents. My best suggestion is to take a couple to the post office, have them weigh them and then buy your postage, stamp 'em there and send 'em right out. Good luck!!!

Blog Entries
    Hope you are feeling better and life is easier now for you. Glad to see you still getting involved in our swaps. You take care now and don't overdo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkLotus View Post
    Make sure that you have me on your list If you need my address you can PM me. You should have received an email from April about this, but just letting ya'll know...

I have a pretty good idea of what fabric I will be sending. I am thinking of sending a white TOT, and have you add reds to it, and make a red quilt. After I decided how many of the red blocks I want I will be doing the same thing, but adding blue to the white instead. So I can have me a red and white quilt and a blue and white quilt

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast