Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2408

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Hi Ladies. I am sorry I have been MIA lately. I have been working a lot of overtime and haven't done much other than work and sleep. Tonight is my last overtime shift and then I will be back to a normal schedule. I will actually have 5 nights off in a row starting Wednesday night, haven't had that in many, many months. I will get all my f8s sent out by the end of the week. And I have already told my husband that this weekend is my sewing time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by areinn View Post
    I will actually have 5 nights off in a row starting Wednesday night, haven't had that in many, many months.I have already told my husband that this weekend is my sewing time!!!
    Woohoo that sounds like fun. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Hi Diamonds! Let's see... I have received some lovely grownup blocks in the last few days from girlscouts1, scrapper, NanaKathy55 and sustraley. Thank you! 1000projects sent an amazing hand-died f8, which I hope I can do justice to! Areinn, so glad to see you and I think you deserve a sewing weekend, dark chocolate and a pedicure!
    If any of you have not received your block from me yet, please let me know. Only missing f8's from lovingisabella, Lv2sew2011 and areinn.
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Blog Entries
    I am going to apologize for not keeping up to date for you ladies. I have been swamped with life issues and need prayer for my daughter in high school. She needs comfort and sleep so bad right now. left work yesterday just to be with her. Only 16.
    Jaba, got your pattern, thank you so much.
    Received some f8ths from 1000projects, love the hand dye so pretty, and lovingisabella, and daisey,
    received grownup blocks, but have not kept track as well. Will hopefully post those tomorrow at latest.
    Between the life crisis right now and the garden, have to forego even my UFOs because I need to deal with this first. This is the only swap I have a committment to right now and I know there is a bit of time. Will keep you posted.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Chewboo, you have a block going out today. I would assume it will be in your mailbox tomorrow. Truthfully, I could hand-deliver it but I already stuck the stamps on
    Mischief Managed.

TheMamaHauser that is just what I thought

Blog Entries
    Ok I mailed 20+ F8's today, also I still need to cut more fabric for the rest of them. So if you don't get my F8 don't worry about it, just means I haven't mailed it yet and having to cut more fabric, I hope to have the rest mailed by the end of the week. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a special person on this board that has no ideal how I appreciate what they did for me. And just wanted to say thank you!!! and you know who you are! Also if you have to pay postage please let me know the man at the PO didn't want to take the time and weigh each one, he picked out 3 they all weigh the same and he let them go for the postage that was on the envelope even after I told him that this was fabric and some may have a bit more in it than others....Donna
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

Happy Quilting!

Donna what a pretty blocks you made! I especially like the 1904 block. Is that from Quilter's Cache?
    Anna Quilts

@Donna Your blocks are so beautiful. You are very talented.

Everyone, please bare with me. I will be back on the sewing mend here in a bit. I had to make an urgent baby quilt for my kids cousin.

I really hope those blocks I have sent out have arrived safely.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Anna, no I got that out of a book that someone sent me. It has nothing but stars in it...Thank you! Donna
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Melinda!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
    @Donna Your blocks are so beautiful. You are very talented.

Everyone, please bare with me. I will be back on the sewing mend here in a bit. I had to make an urgent baby quilt for my kids cousin.

I really hope those blocks I have sent out have arrived safely.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Anna, I have a pattern thats something like the one Donna made. You can make a little adjustments I would think without much trouble. Its in the magazine, Quiltmakers 100 blocks volume 3 and its block #297 called Four Square. Also the block Stars and Stripes for Baby has one thats simular..its hhtp://carterquilter.wordpress.com/ Donna I love your blocks! SO pretty!!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

QuilterMomma..prayers for you and your daughter! Hang in there, stay strong and keep the faith!

Blog Entries
    Really easy to make...

Cutting Directions:

Center.....Cut 1 3 1/2 Square

Triangles around the Center.....Cut 2 3" squares and cut them in half

Star....Cut 4 2 7/8" X 5 1/2" rectangles and cut them in half diagonal make sure backsides are together so you get two different cuts.

Star Center....Cut 4 5 1/8" square, fold it in half and iron it then cut it from lower corner to center on both sides. (hope that makes sense)

then you will...Cut 2 3 7/8" squares and cut them in 1/2 and those will be you Corners for your 12 1/2 " Block.

Now the triangle in the center of each star you will cut 6 3" Squares and cut them in half. 2 3" squares and cut them in half.... of color if you use white or black backing.

Hope I'm not confusing you, it's really easy to do...

Now putting it together I took the center square and sewed the 4 triangles to it.
    then I took the white that sews to the star points and sewed them together.
    then I sewed the triangles together all you need to do is look at my Star and figure out how to piece it together that's what I did since I don't understand directions very well, it's easier for me to just look at the picture after I cut the pieces...
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Donna what a pretty blocks you made! I especially like the 1904 block. Is that from Quilter's Cache?
    Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 09-18-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)

Happy Quilting!

I googled and found 200 free patterns from Jinny Beyer

http://www.jinnybeyer.com/quilting-w...1&sort=blockid
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    no squishies today but going to send out finished blocks tomorrow. I want to thank you all so much for getting the fabric to me. Now I will be able to concentrate on my run and just sewing. Today my "Coach" (hubby) told me if I don't get in my miles I don't run! He is too worried about me getting hurt or not being able to finish, I keep telling him I will and then not following through.

So now push has met up with shove and I really have to devote myself to this. It has been my passion for so long. My sister died from breast cancer and I just have to do this run for her. So I really mean it, I won't be around much, but I appreciate all the prayers and I am going to finish up my obligations and then not do any more swaps until after the run. I will post any blocks I receive, and I will miss the chatter very much, but won't be around.
    I think you are all totally awesome and look forward to getting this goal accomplished so I can be back to chatting and goofing off and Meeting on the back porch with a cup of coffee and all my friends.

Marybeth ps I had to give up all my facebook games too, but Candy Crusher will wait for me as well~ XO
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Wow Anna..there are some really pretty blocks at that site! Some look really difficult but they sure are pretty. Thanks for sharing!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

Marybeth, we will miss you but know we will be sitting right here with your coffee cup waiting and a big old pile of everything fattening when you return and then, we send your dear hubby on a run of his own.. and enjoy ourselves and all your tales of your big adventure. Hugs back at ya.

Quiltermomma, I am sorry to hear of your daughters troubles. It is tough these teen years, tough on us but even tougher on them. I will say a prayer for her finding peace and sleep.

lots of pretty blocks here.. I just came on to see what everyone was up to and to check out a few blocks for inspiration. I hope all of you have a wonderful evening.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Joanelizbay...will you please tell me the name of the star pattern you are using for your avatar? I really like it...

thanks

Got a F8 fron 1000projects, barely. The envelope was torn to shreds and the fabric was falling out. Thankfully my mailman is a good friend, he got it put back together as best as he could and let me a note apologizing. Whew...thankful it made it.

Blog Entries
    Its called Waltzing Matilda. Really pretty simple to make. If you cant find it on line let me know by pm and I can send you instructions and a copy of the middle template.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Mailing blocks out to Scrapper and Mosher92 tomorrow. Has anyone gotten F8 from 1000 projects, areinn, marcialee yet? Those are the only 3 Im missing!
    Hi I mailed all my blocks by the 13th of September...hope you have received it by now. If not let me know.
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    I received 2 grown up blocks so far.
    first one is from:
    twinriverfarm
    jaba

they both are so beautiful and I will post a picture as soon as I figure out why it keeps failing to load.
    Marcialee

Marcia,
    it is probably failing because the picture is too big. If you know how to shrink it down you will need to do that if not I can help walk you through it.

Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    I received 2 grown up blocks so far.
    first one is from:
    twinriverfarm
    jaba

they both are so beautiful and I will post a picture as soon as I figure out why it keeps failing to load.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for the prayers. It is helping, she is starting to smile a bit. keep them coming please.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 ... LastLast