Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group >

Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 AM

I just left the post office. I used legal-sized envelopes and had folded everything up so that it fit into half a sandwich-sized baggie (with all the air pressed out). It was the cost of a normal stamp (whatever they are worth now, I don't keep track anymore) for everyone except OkDarla's (that was $0.65).

So, if anyone has a problem where they want additional postage upon delivery PLEASE LET ME KNOW so I can reimburse the cost (first) and chew out Lurch (the creeper at the post office) second.

I bet my neighbor Chewboo will have hers by tomorrow We need to meet up at The Quilt Away one of these days...

Last edited by TheMamaHauser; 08-20-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Clarification of intent
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 AM

LOL...Lurch!!! HA HA HA!!! Awesome...I totally know the feeling!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 AM

Was goldendog55 ok? Last I thought I read on main thread she had to drop out because she got a blood clot in her sugery leg. I am going to pm her just to make sure and lovingisabella.

You ladies sure were busy this weekend. First time on computer all day and weekend and wowser. I did select my fabric and prewashed it for you. I am not a prewash fan myself, but just for you ladies I guess. Yep, those fat quarters were no fun to wash because they frayed all over the place. I had this huge wad of fabric all tied together when I took it out of washer and had to cut them apart. I am send several pieces of the 30s fabric to make a sampler 30s quilt. They are not going till tomorrow or Wednesday when I finish getting the 1/3 yards cut up for you.

I used a little box that held my envelopes in nice neat order and had my list handy for when they came in till I took it to office then was not as easy but still managed. I am hoping this time to do them as they come in so I can keep up on them. I have waited till last minute once, then did all at once except the slow f8ths, so this time going to do as come in so not stacked up and maybe I can do different blocks instead of just one although the star one turned out nice every time and got it to be perfect.

Well, better get busy, have O&M Manuals to get out today before boss leaves on vacation. Busy Busy Busy.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:54 AM

Got my first F8 today! Moonrise, you're #1 (and not like 'middle-finger'#1 either! The good #1!)!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:49 AM

Goldendog is in this boom, just not in the wonky log cabin. So now to get her envelope ready and busy on the rest. See how fast you gals are, someone is already getting fabric.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Hmmm...wonder if I will have goodies waiting on me at home...
Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM

Default First F8 received

Moonrise is the winner! I got her F8 this morning. Now tell me did you give my postman my chocolate?
I guess she deserves it or will definitely earn her money this month! (Just kidding, my postlady is the greatest!)
Old 08-20-2012, 01:10 PM

All my F8s went out today and 1 came in....the winner is: #1 Yosemitesa
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 PM

Wow, that was fast! (I'm so glad I'm not "middle finger #1" - ROFL!)

I received an F8 today too, from Marytoddliz. Very pretty!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 PM

SENT: Everyone posted today so watch out its comin' Note: generic little snack bags were .45c in 6x9 envelope so if they charge you when you get them please let me know. Also if you smush all the air out it was .45c ok ifyou left some air in um maybe I did on like half of them it was .65 unless of course something else got into that envelope it was a bit more.. so just hollar loud ifyou got jipped into paying for yours.. we were chatting as she was weight maxing so who knows. Also Scottland was I think only $1.05 for me (other swap) and canada $1.05 or $1.15 same with Australia so not bad at all.. I felt ok when I left there. now to find a deal on the 6x 9 like I saw posted.. too bad no office supply around here.. ok you guys totally worth it.

NEXT: Received fabric from Yosemitesa blue cat in the hat CHECK
Received fabric from Marytoddliz adorable small print Christmas (no bugs love you!)

so off to shut up and start sewing as well I am in a contest with the runner in the group. all the running jokes: she is in this marathon 26.5 miles coming up. I have always HATED running. Now sprint I could sprint pretty good even today if a spi. bug is around yuppers pretty darned fasts there. Leave the running to the experts. Short legged and not an expert.

Ok sewing sewing sewing.. both of you did not state if you need scraps back but will save them for you until I hear otherwise. hum.. this is oh so fun. You two, shoot you have Saturday mail obviously where you live. Not so much here in the woods. Lucky to have it I think. Town so darned small at 125 people suprised they did not close our box down.. happy they didnt how would I get your goodies otherwise? wait til they start coming in. I have the tiny postal box.. envelope sized.. lol sure Gracie will want me to visit daily. Nice thing about small towns everyone knows everyone and it wonderful if your not in trouble then everyone knows that too.. sigh. Life is good without trouble.