Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 09-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Hello all
I am sorry I am quiet. My IH is acting up since I fell and my eyes are leaking fluid now . Anyways enough of that.
I have to say I love all the blocks so far and Lisa I have always loved the three d type blocks, they give such depth to a quilt.
Linda-do you own a campground? Hubby and I would love to own/operate one someday in the Catskills.
Travelinggramma your note said Americana which to me is burgundy, navy and cream but you wrote red white & blue. Which colors do you prefer to have?
I have not mailed any completed blocks home yet as I have been home taking some down time. I now have completed blocks for Jacquie, savannahrandsons & Charlotte to add to the going home pile. I hope you all like your blocks as much as I liked working on them.
Ctmhjenn is in the swap she just has not decided on a fabric yet. Bear with her there is plenty of time .
Hugs
April

Last edited by LovingIzabella; 09-01-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 AM

Ladies all of your blocks went out in the mail today!! I hope you like them. I just have not received anything from ctmhjenn. Enjoy!!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:48 PM

I'm slowing down.. hehe.. rarg... Had to stop and square up my baby quilt and get it ready for my mom to quilt for me. She's speedy and baby is about to pop out soon so have to get it done. Next one a friend is offering to long arm for me in repayment for nice things I've done for her.. So maybe the 3rd one I'll actually have to figure out how to quilt myself haha. I did finish Moonwork's last night though. I received fabric yesterday from Phannie1 and Savannahrandons, gotta figure out what in the heck to do with those.

I lost my letter from Immemother about what she wanted done with her block. I think the kitten stole it. She likes to eat paper. *scowl* I remember reading that SOMEONE had planned to do their quilt On-Point, but can't remember who that was? Anyone? I msg'ed Imme to see if she could tell me again what she wanted with her fabric
Old 09-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Received two blocks today - Thank you to Phannie and to Kim (Birds in the Air)
Frogs have overtaken my room - and they only want to do one stitch. Rippit
Attached Thumbnails phannie.jpg   buddysmom.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 01:13 PM

April - cream or white - I have received both. I no doubt will use them to make lap quilts for the VA. I then will put white on one, and cream on the other!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:09 PM

Default update

Baby quilt is sewn and on the quilting table ready for tomorrow, wow.....I'm on schedule. Received F8 from nancia and Phannie1 from the rubies group. Received a finished block from abby'smom and and my 1st one back in the rubies group from travelinggramma, will post both...totally differe[ATTACH=CONFIG]359579[/ATTACH]nt fabric. Hopefully I can get a couple of blocks in tomorrow ladies.
Was thinking today quiltermomma, the way the post office has been, when your daughter finishes that quilt for the Cody, Wy show, you should really just deliver it to make sure it gets here.
Thank you so much ladies, I love these blocks[ATTACH=CONFIG]359578[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf0787.jpg   dscf0786.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 05:56 PM

Jaba, whomever made that bottom block is realllyyy good at making that background fabric look like one unit with an overlay.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Jaba, whomever made that bottom block is realllyyy good at making that background fabric look like one unit with an overlay.
I was thinking the exact same thing, and thinking I'm going to fall short of the same goal. I've been staring at Jaba's fabric all day trying to pick a block that will show off the large print.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Here are the blocks I have made so far (even the booboo one for moonwork)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums17563.html
ONLY Look if you do not want to wait until it is home
Hugs
April
Old 09-01-2012, 07:36 PM

travelinggramma....I just wanted to let you know I received your block today and thank you so very much. I love it.