Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

[QUOTE=Phannie1;5588299]
    Quote Originally Posted by immemother View Post

I will see what I have left of your fabric but it will be the weekend before I can get a replacement in the mail. If one happens to show up let me know. It was so cute. (Not enought to make another one like it but maybe close.)
    Please dont make another. Two weeks was only a guess of how long postage takes, it may still be on its way.
    I use to find excuses to buy shoes, now I find excuses to buy fabric.

You gals seem to have wayyyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands...watching paint dry HUH!!! Here is a BEAUTIFUL quilt block I got today from Elisabrat..and I do so love it. It will fit beautifully in my quilt when I get it finished, and yes, it is like a "shabby chic" type of quilt. Thank you so much for sending such a wonderful block.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gramma to Isabella and NEW baby brother Enzo!

Travelinggamma your block will be heading back to you all grown up if you would like to peak feel free it should be posted on my signature line. Thanks
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

I made out like a bandit!!! I had 4 packages in the mail (and NO bills!).. 2 from Nexxus, one from FQ swap, one from secret pal swap, and my aunt gave me a ton of presents, and I had brownie ice cream cake, AND my aunt gave me a whole container of these things.. cookie bottom, reeses peanut butter cup middle, and brownie top... I have to stop showing her these recipes. They come to live with me in large quantities.. then what the heck to do with them. I live alone.. so *I* have to eat them! crud. hehee.

I got so much prettty fabric.. *pets it*. MINE MINE MINE. but.. serious... brownie ice cream cake.

and I got 100% on my math test. and I didn't have to clean and no one came over and I didn't have to cook and my brother made one of my favorite meals (stroganoff).. and.. and.. uhm.. oh yea.. I got to spent a good chunk of time playing games with my honey. It's been awhile and he was grouchy so it was good we got to.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I got puppies from OkDarla. Very nice block, Thanks oh so much. PhannieName:  from_okdarla.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  28.5 KB

you sure are getting some great animal blocks Phannie.
    glad you liked the block for your shabby chic look
    and too much time? maybe. I treasure my time. Its a total gift. And sometimes.. watching paint dry isnt such a bad use of it. Its something that clears your mind you simply dont think for a short bit, you just are.. very relaxing. I can do that too. I sleep a whole lot of my time due to medical stuff. So when I am up and using my time productively even watching paint dry its a real wonderful time.

anyone else want to watch BIG paint dry Steve is painting the house now you can sit outside under the pine trees in the sunshine with the wind in the trees softly swishing and the turkeys zooming by you.. yeah you might consider the big job. That takes a whole lot longer to dry I think. I know it does. My pants know, my sweater sleeve knows and even my hand knows. I look great in dark cream not so much in brown trim..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

This link is to some photos I will be exhibiting in a photo show in Hinesville for the Art Council. I am so excited! Hope you all enjoy. Phannie

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h471/Phannie1_Photos/Nov%20Photo%20Show/

What excellent photography I had such a hard time picking my favorite is it going down or is it peaking into the past.. and i think its both if I had to have a huge picture hanging above my side board (need a mail to address?) peaking into the past please. wonderful work and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Phannie1 View Post
    This link is to some photos I will be exhibiting in a photo show in Hinesville for the Art Council. I am so excited! Hope you all enjoy. Phannie

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h471/Phannie1_Photos/Nov%20Photo%20Show/
    Being a dabbler in photography I have a question. A couple of them (the sunflower, the lighthouse, the sunset sky/beach) look like they could benefit from a grey card.. aka.. the removal of grey. Did you leave them intentionally like this to convey a look? Do you do much post editing? My brother and I are a photography duo and he is better at the mechanical manipulation of the camera, I'm better at angles, posing, and post editing. Just curious. I like the subject matters and framing you have done otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Being a dabbler in photography I have a question. A couple of them (the sunflower, the lighthouse, the sunset sky/beach) look like they could benefit from a grey card.. aka.. the removal of grey. Did you leave them intentionally like this to convey a look? Do you do much post editing? My brother and I are a photography duo and he is better at the mechanical manipulation of the camera, I'm better at angles, posing, and post editing. Just curious. I like the subject matters and framing you have done otherwise.
    Glad you like them. I do no post editing. Never thought about that. I do play with the setting in the camera before I take the pictures. I think I like the lighthouses first. I will be adding the rest of the show to the photobucket later.

Thanks again for looking. Phannie

When you get further into the photography world, you should get a grey card. It's really inexpensive. The one i got also has white and black. What they do is they have true white, true black, and true middle grey.. so you can adjust your lighting either in the camera, or in post editing, so that things don't have a grey overcast, you will get correct colors. What you would do with it is place it in the photo and take a test shoot with it, and then (and I don't know how to do this in the camera) adjust the white balance based on that. It's easier in post because you can go and eyedropper pick the card and then you can apply settings to all the photos that come after it that are in that same location/lighting. I'm usually too lazy to use the card but have gotten pretty good at taking the grey out on my own. Sometimes it's nice to have, especially on those lonely looking photos, helps add drama, so I don't ALWAYS remove it, but for sure on whites, yellow. Also another thing it does, it removes glare on water! So for instance, I took a picture of a pond at my work because I liked the pebbles in the bottom, and without the grey card you just saw brightness from the sky reflection. After the grey card you saw maybe a slight building reflection, cause water is a mirror, but you got to see the pebbles. It was so nice.

You definitely have an eye for composition.
    Last edited by Anastasia; 10-18-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Name:  CharlotteMarie.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  200.9 KB Name:  OkDarla.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  169.4 KB
    from CharlotteMarie and....OK Darla
    Received these 2 beautiful blocks this week!

oh I want to hang out under that quilt. Teresa those are very nice and will go perfectly with the other ones. oh oh when you get a bunch show us all of them together. you have to be excited!
    anastasia you little font of information.. you lost me at the first instruction to put a drop of .. argh. my kids always remove things like my mother had moles my daughter was embarassed they weremore like two age spots one on her chin and one on her cheek. Mom was 91. I made her put them BACK on her, lol much to her embarassed self. I just take pictures in my head. they are always perfect
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Climb to the top of the highest mountain in Illinois. Oh wait ... I've done that. It was the I80 entrance ramp
    Just a side note about Australian Possums. Did you know that they make yarn out of their fur because it is so soft.Name:  images.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  11.3 KB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I received an adorable sunbonet sue in the mail from doghousemom. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it but wanted to send a warm thank you for the nice lace you used, the special way you shipped it so it would stay crisp and unbent, and the time over all making a pretty sweet block. If you get here before me and want to post the picture please do so everyone can see how cool that block is!
    Linda

Ok.. those possums are much cuter than the possums we get on this side of the pond. I know how to remove moles and such but I refuse to do it. I will smooth skin, but I will not remove defining characteristics such as that. I had one model that had one on her neck and I would remove some freckles nearby but wouldn't remove those. She was ok with it and agreed that you shouldn't remove defining things like that. but she did make me retouch her eyebrows, remove a bulge from her armpit, remove a shadow and a bra-strap that my brother didn't notice in the angle, etc. etc.. hahaha. And tiny little whispy hairs that didn't belong. And there was like.. 300 photos of her. omg. haha. I had another model that was like.. I want my already flat stomach flatter. I lost her about 10lbs but that's it. They just weren't at good angles for it and I don't have super advanced skills/software for morphing people into something they're not. Though I've watched some videos where people DO have super amazing skills and well.. some day I might get that good. hehe. But again, I probably wouldn't ever do it because it's taking away defining features. It's not THEM anymore, and I'm not trying to show someone what they'd look like after cosmetic surgery hehe.

I can't wait to see Teresa's quilt when it's all finished. So bright and flowery. And I'm partial to black and purple.

I got puppies from DogHouse Mom. It is so cute. Thankyou. PhannieName:  from_doghousemom.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  32.2 KB

Phannie ... a side story about that block. I saw the block I wanted (as the sample happened to be done in blue gingham) printed a copy and put it my sewing room to work on the next day. You would that even my limited math skills would have realized relatively early that if I was making what was essentially a 9 patch for a 12" block ... the squares should NOT have been 3.5"!!! Yup ... the block I chose was a 9" block and I forgot about that before I started cutting!! Dummy me didn't realize it until I had the puppy pieces fussy cut ... too late. So you got a mitered border around your 9" block
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Elisabrat ... that block was SO much fun ... and I am not a fan of Sun Bonnet Sue. But you said "girly" so you got a GIRL. The eyelet lace I found at a booth full of trim at the AQS show in DesMoines. And this is the funny part ... digging through my stash for a flesh color for her hand ... I suddenly stopped ... I don't know what Elisabrat's flesh color is. Shouldn't assume it's the same as mine. So I grabbed white and said she's wearing gloves because she's going to church!

I couldn't bear to fold her to mail her!

Here's your picture of Sue's Sue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DogHouseMom; 10-20-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Phannie ... a side story about that block. I saw the block I wanted (as the sample happened to be done in blue gingham) printed a copy and put it my sewing room to work on the next day. You would that even my limited math skills would have realized relatively early that if I was making what was essentially a 9 patch for a 12" block ... the squares should NOT have been 3.5"!!! Yup ... the block I chose was a 9" block and I forgot about that before I started cutting!! Dummy me didn't realize it until I had the puppy pieces fussy cut ... too late. So you got a mitered border around your 9" block
    It is a very nice block any way you cut it. I have created 10" block thinking 12. Borders add so much more than take up area. I really love it. Phannie

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    "brat" i knew you'd love this block, she is the cutest thing ever!! Anastasia if you ever take my pic, I want ...no need you to make it look as if I had cosmetic surgery!! Might as well pretend and wish I could have, would have or should have.....

hehe unless you break my camera lens you probably do NOT need to look like you had cosmetic surgery heheh.. but it's fun to play with. There's a lot of story in one's face. Though the ones that are epic saga's look best in black and white

I think a little touch up would be just fine anastasia with a tuck here a fluff there and I would look just like a young Elizabeth Taylor.. ok eyes redone, hair recolored.. but I could if you would be so kind.

Phannie, blonde/more grey hair and blue eyes here but honestly I wouldnt have thought anything off it if you had used a nice chocolate brown for the hands .. its Sunbonnet sue not me she could be anything she wants to be on any given day.

ok onto quilting are there any fun new swaps going? I am doing the mystery train which looks to be fun but the only thing new I see is farm animals which I can't use right now.. so good eyed Anastasia enlighten me or anyone else who is better at spotting those things. Also everyone here who uses their blocks whether its for a wall hanging table mats, or a quilt could you post them even if its long after so we can come back and see what you did? I will. or put them in your folders so we can go check on them there.
    Linda

ok I wouldnt look like a young Liz Taylor ever. Save your time and energy. I don't mind being just me.
    Linda

I received a squishy in the mail yesterday - Happy dance for Me!! Thank you Nexxus - I love it!! And it plays well with the others.
    I guess I'll have to wait till the beg of year to do this swap again - really have loved it - and still tapping my finger waiting for the other blocks to come back and play! Pelease let me know if any good swaps going on
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast