Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 PM

Ok well I didn't feel like leaving the sanctuary of the couch-that-might-float-away so I did what my FQ swapper suggested and made a stuffed pumpkin from the fabric she sent me. Gonna give it to my secret pal swap partner, along with some gnomies. I was gonna make a mushroom pincushion but I don't have the right color felt and too broke to do it. Maybe I'll make a brown and white mushroom. Still could happen, I'm wide awake and vigilant on this couch. It's sneaky. It makes you fall asleep into a nap then runs off and gets itself into trouble. My partner collects pincushions so maybe they'll be happy with 2. She wanted something homemade.. guess that works. So that counts as sewing for the day. I did get up long enough to walk 2 ft to the cutting board and draw out a template for a block that will be made from the puzzle piece fabric that I'm too lazy to look to see who sent it. And I matched up some fabrics for another project for my swap partner. Gonna work on that tomorrow, and maybe the gnomes. In the meantime I have a giant pile of fabric scraps all over my floor now (new inheritance) that I should probably pick up and put away. Anyways. I got a ton of homework done so I can sew tomorrow without worries. I'll make you some blocks Jaba if you send me the stuff. Also, I'm not a good teacher, just a good do-er.

So.. yea.. here's a pumpkin. First try, kinda suck at this, mostly cause well, my knot kept slipping through when I tried to tighten it down so I used up too much of my thread trying to get the top to stay shut, that I ran out when I was trying to make the segments.. and well I can't cut a very appealing.. viney top thing? it'll do
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361402[/ATTACH]

It's too darned quiet! We are like the quietest group.. this is why I yabber on and on... to hear noise (see noise?)
Attached Thumbnails img_20120908_233625.jpg  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 PM

LA LA LAAA oh baby LA LAAAA LA love you laaa laaa (is that loud enough for you? beats the song really going through my head.. mares eat oats, and kids eat oats and little goats eat.. yuppers maybe la laa la sounds better).

here are the pincushions I am trading this month, and you all had better be quiet. Quilter momma wanted a puppy right? do you all recall her saying she wanted a puppy when we signed up? well.. tADA! the pumpkin was sheer bordom I carry the felt with me Anastasia, in a little bag with thread and needle and then just make up stuff. I went sides like a beach ball couldnt recall what the amount was so I winged it and it worked. Sparkly felt at that.. oh joy! I have a ton of felt like a monster box of it more than any human should own at once, I believe another member here also owns that much. My sis kindly gifted me with me my mouth dropped.A TUB OF FELT? OMG, some wool some craft some fluffy wool? it was way too funny. I guess she liked to collect felt and said well you make ornaments. Who here had those 18 threes they put up? I think I could over fill them if I made this all into ornaments. Yipers! Jaba go for the she will make the blocks quick before she renegs.. the trick is getting her to send them back oh and the last photo is a little pumkin with lid I made to fill with candy for my daughters sept. box of stuff. I am lousy at crochet but it doesnt stop me from faking it.
Attached Thumbnails pincushions-002.jpg   pincushions-004.jpg   pincushions-008.jpg  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM

Super cute! I'm working on a mushroom now. I only have a few sheets of felt and not the thick wool kind, just the craft kind. I want to get into needlefelting but that is another "when I have money" hobby, along with jewelry-making. Can you tell I get bored easily? hehe. I bought this felt to make little finger puppets.. never made them. Was gonna take the finger puppets and put them as appliques on bibs.. made a bib decided I am not fond of making bibs (have 3 more cut out I need to finish) and so they hid in my tote of "fuzzy stuff".. i.e. stuffing, batting, polar fleece, minky, and felt.

Those are some cute pincushions! Your stem is much better than mine (I also didn't have any green *sigh*) but I lost my give-a-darn by the time I sewed down the whatever the heck brown scraggly splotch below the stem. haha.

Anyways, there may be more pumpkins in the future... keep watch..
Old 09-08-2012, 10:26 PM

thanks Anastasia, it was the only green I had. Wanted to use you know say a nice heathered green and a warm pumpkin but instead used the glitter orange and the bold green as when I peaked in the magic box they were on top lol. oodles of red, and purple and gray.. and a few of all the others. Loads of felt all in all. if hobbies could do themselves and shop for themselves too i would have a ton but my shelf is limited two only two for other crafts. My mind says do them my time says like when? so needlework stuff yes. beads yes but for my card making only and that happens at valentines and Christmas only.. glitter for years. little itty bitty pinecones those too.. pipe cleaners (to make your doggies tails stand up and legs bend out) and well weird stuff. three feet by two feet by two feet is a whole lotta felt though. I know it is I just know it. open a store ..cool red glitter felt now that is cool lol fluffy stuff? not sure unless I make sashsquash feet or wooly sheep. big ones.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Ok so I made another pincushion...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361415[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20120909_011921.jpg  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 AM

You ladies are too funny and I just love the pincushions!
Anastasia what are you taking classes for if you don't mind me asking? I am enrolled to do an online class to become a certified financial planner (work is covering it though).
I finished two more blocks..one for Immemother and one for NYGal. Hope you ladies like them.
OH Charlotte that is so very thoughtful of you but please do not feel the need to do so. I do these swaps because I love the friends I make and seeing all of the beautiful blocks. I know I sometimes vent on here on what's going on with me but it is because you are my friends and I don't get the negativity I get from so many others. You all have helped me through so much and I thank you for that, more than you all know. It is the swap and my friends that keep me going
Hugs
April

Last edited by LovingIzabella; 09-09-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 AM

April, lay down and be gracious about this now lol.. and that little doll Izabella well, something tells me she is the reason behind believing .. hope.. is a marvelous thing. Recently I received four suprise packages in the mail. I cried when I opened them. The love and support here is a marvelous thing so grab onto it all of you. A gift that well.. is priceless.

Ok, here goes Anastasia I know your lurking out there. I want to use ivory in your block but you said whites blacks and I tried truly but I can not see purple in there at all or I am missing that one purple as I auditioned a bunch. I just need your approval. If not I am going all blues so get back at me and let me know ok? gracias

Classes: you guys are amazing. kelly in diamonds is also taking classes. Real ones. I have a sis taking chemistry classes, one more year she will have a degree in chemical engineering. She is in her mid 50's and was for the most part a stay at home mom since her college years (egad like 30 yrs ago). I salute each and every one of you. Its tough work and to show once again, you can do it.. wow what a great feeling. Anastasia you are a kiddo so well this is a breeze for you and you can not compare your grades with the big kids. She is a wiz kid guys. Do not sit next to her in class unless you want to peak at her paper for answers she had two weeks before it is due. lol. if you do slip fabric in her pocket with your name and wishes on it.. she will turn it into something fun and send it right back.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 AM

ps I have done lots of swaps before but truly this is the most fun. So many different fabrics to play with its like shopping, creating and wow.. didnt have to leave the house! anyone think they will do this again? I think I will go for two big swaps.. I have two blocks and a table runner to finish this weekend so I had best get started on my jam first. before the heat.. love that smell.. strawberry jam.. come on over make you a muffin and some fresh jam and tea. 9:00 a.m. should be ready for you!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:07 AM

Boomers, My machine had to go to the shop for her first annual clean and check up. She will be gone for the week. While she is gone I will be cleaning my quilting space and try to organized it better. I got a new sewing cabinet so when she gets home... she has a new place to sit. She and I will be a happy quilter.

I will try to get a few blocks done on another machine I have not tried out yet. We will see. Love all the chatter. We do need a little more from others to get to know each other. I like the pincushins. I might have to create one and post. (I can hand sew them.) Keep Quilting... Phannie
Old 09-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
LA LA LAAA oh baby LA LAAAA LA love you laaa laaa (is that loud enough for you? beats the song really going through my head.. mares eat oats, and kids eat oats and little goats eat.. yuppers maybe la laa la sounds better).

here are the pincushions I am trading this month, and you all had better be quiet. Quilter momma wanted a puppy right? do you all recall her saying she wanted a puppy when we signed up? well.. tADA! the pumpkin was sheer bordom I carry the felt with me Anastasia, in a little bag with thread and needle and then just make up stuff. I went sides like a beach ball couldnt recall what the amount was so I winged it and it worked. Sparkly felt at that.. oh joy! I have a ton of felt like a monster box of it more than any human should own at once, I believe another member here also owns that much. My sis kindly gifted me with me my mouth dropped.A TUB OF FELT? OMG, some wool some craft some fluffy wool? it was way too funny. I guess she liked to collect felt and said well you make ornaments. Who here had those 18 threes they put up? I think I could over fill them if I made this all into ornaments. Yipers! Jaba go for the she will make the blocks quick before she renegs.. the trick is getting her to send them back oh and the last photo is a little pumkin with lid I made to fill with candy for my daughters sept. box of stuff. I am lousy at crochet but it doesnt stop me from faking it.
Do you have a pattern for that puppy? My DIL has a weiner and would love that. Thanks, Phannie