Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 ARCTIC O Group Thread

First photo post with new system

dotcomdtcm grown up to me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got a F8 from Nexxus831. Pretty red.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I recieved f8s from
    ok Darla
    Ahwu
    Bibliostone

I received F8 from Nexxus831. I also received pretty grown up block from dotcomdtcm. I will post pictures when I have a chance to transfer files. Thank you.

Received f8 from Nexxus831
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

I will be posting my fabric received list in a day or two... Promise.

I sent a grown up block back to oldcatlady.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

This group is vweeey vweey quiet....
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone-may you have a safe & love filled day.
    Hugs
    April

Received a very fitting F8 from MissGiggleWings. Happy Valentine's day all!
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

Quote Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
    Received a very fitting F8 from MissGiggleWings. Happy Valentine's day all!
    Well, I guess we all know what fabric you got! Enjoy......

Mailed off a grown up block to bibliostone. Got a grown up block from ljdugas
    Having trouble uploading.

I received F8 from missgigglewings. I mailed my F8 to everyone on 2/4/13. If you have not received the mail, please let me know. Thank you.

blocks received

I received a gorgeous block from dotcomdtcm-Thank you so much Dotty, I LOVE it!

I'm also posting a pic of why it is so important to wrap blocks when sending. The PO monster bit into this one. It even ripped the plastic wrap. It would have been so much worse if not wrapped at all. Thankfully the marks are going to land in the seam allowance

everyone should have my F8s, all mailed by 1/31

still need F8s from

Ahwu
    bibliostone
    eagleoneowl2u2
    masimmons
    MdmSew'n'Sew
    Navarre2011
    oma7
    tracibug
    Wendsy

Hello everyone. I hope today finds you sewing your little hearts out. I was bad because I didn't work on one block today. Instead I worked on my grandson's gray quilt.. Tonight I plan on picking out patterns for blocks to be sewn tomorrow. I try to get 4 -5 done a day. Seeing that I am in every group........this is how I pace myself. I did not get anything from anyone in this group today but I still love all of you.

This group is way too too quiet. Maybe you all are asleep. I think I could use a nap but then it is going on to 10 at night so I think I should think about going to bed. I made 5 blocks today but none for this group. sorry . I number my envelopes as I get them so I guess this groups numbers have not come up yet. Are any of you doing different blocks or are you doing the same pattern. sometimes it is easier doing the same pattern as you get into a rhythm.
    But some patterns just don't go with some fabric. Have you found that out?????? I try to do different patterns only because I want to learn new things. I do want to try paperpiecing but I am so afraid to do it. Then a friend gave me a book called 501 rotary cutter patterns. Wow what a book. It gives you the measurements for making almost any size block with that particular pattern. It is pretty awesome.

I mailed all the F8 on 2/4/13. Do you think there is a chance it will show up any time soon, or it is lost?
    Anyone else has not received F8 from me?
    I will try to get to the store to buy more fabric tomorrow. This is my first block swap, how long do I wait before I should sent out replacement F8?
    Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
    everyone should have my F8s, all mailed by 1/31

still need F8s from

Ahwu
    bibliostone
    eagleoneowl2u2
    masimmons
    MdmSew'n'Sew
    Navarre2011
    oma7
    tracibug
    Wendsy

I mailed all f8s feb 8 to this group. Let me know if you haven't received yet. I will begin blocks today. Ljudas received my grown up yesterday! Thank you:-)

I went through my envelopes again. I must have been in a hurry before my laptop battery died. I'm so sorry. I do have yours and bibliostone's F8!

Quote Originally Posted by ahwu View Post
    I mailed all the F8 on 2/4/13. Do you think there is a chance it will show up any time soon, or it is lost?
    Anyone else has not received F8 from me?
    I will try to get to the store to buy more fabric tomorrow. This is my first block swap, how long do I wait before I should sent out replacement F8?
    Thank you..

Navarre2011, I did get your envelope and marked it on my PACIFIC sheet. I didn't open it when I got it so didn't realize you sent me a FQ to use in both groups. I apologize!

Quote Originally Posted by Navarre2011 View Post
    I mailed all f8s feb 8 to this group. Let me know if you haven't received yet. I will begin blocks today. Ljudas received my grown up yesterday! Thank you:-)

oldcatlady - You will get another one for pacific as I mistakenly sent fat quarters to this whole group. Please keep the extra if you like. Here is my grown up from LjDugas!

Thank you for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
    I went through my envelopes again. I must have been in a hurry before my laptop battery died. I'm so sorry. I do have yours and bibliostone's F8!

I'm here, I'm here... here is the list of blocks I have received thus far. Hoping to start sewing soon!!

Board Name Date Received F8
    Ahwu 2/5/2013
    bibliostone 2/2/2013
    dotcomdtcm 1/31/2013
    Eagleoneowl2u2
    ljdugas31 2/1/2013
    masimmons
    MdmSew’n’Sew
    missgigglewings
    Navrarre2011 2/6/2013
    Nexxus831
    OK Darla 2/8/2013
    oldcatlady 2/2/2013
    oma7
    tracibug ****
    urgodschild2 2/2/2013
    Wendsy

We are truly a very quite group. Maybe we are waiting for the ice to melt . I am trying to make different pattern for each person, but it is taking me longer then I have original thought. Since this is the first time I have to work with other people's fabric. I was so worried to cut the fabric wrong and can't fix it. I have to make one with my fabric first, then I make the other person's block. I think I might choose and repeat a few designs instead of making all different one from now on.

I finished making blocks for dotcomdtcm and ljdugas31. I will try to mail them tomorrow.

ok today is the day. Have you all ever got so busy with making blocks and you now have material and scraps sort of everywhere. Then to add in that I knit and those projects are also sitting around in various stages and completions.
    Plus trying to finish up some quilts that I am marking for quilting. Needless to say there is a mess and clutter everywhere. My daughter is still living with me and so she has the downstairs as her bedroom. MY sewing machine is down there so you all know what that is like with little scraps here and there when we sew and cut material. Then the other and only place I have right now to work is upstairs in my bedroom where my computer is. Plus a semi large table area that the computer sits on and I can cut out my blocks and keep track of my boom buddies, etc. So today is clean up and straighten up. I get to the point where when I am making several blocks that after a while the clutter starts to stifle my thinking and working. So I probably won't be making blocks today as I am cleaning up.
    But I did mail out 4 blocks to their owners and I mentioned them before in an earlier post. Am I the only one who gets this way or do you all get this cluttery too?????

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast