Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread >

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM

Good Morning Ladies
WOW..went to the mail box last night and to my surprise I have received the following f8's
Moonrise
Abby's Mom
the mama hauser
jaba
moonwork
lldugas
joanelizbay
Thanks all....love the fabric
Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 AM

I cant wait to see pictures. Last swap the person who received their blocks back posted the pictures as they came in. We will be doing this again correct unless that person says no camera please post for me? btw if your new its a good idea to take a picture of each block you make and each block you receive and note who it was for/from. This way if things get confussing for someone you can post the pic and say this is what I made you and vise versa. best thing is.. yesterday I got my camera fixed. I am in oh so happy heaven. Its like having your sewing machine down.. oohhh nooo!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM

I asked for a really super expensive Camera 4 Christmases ago and the kids all chipped in to get it for me. I love the camera. But since getting my iPhone......I don't use the camera that much. The camera is heavy and not very small and so lugging it around on my trips down under or back east has been unwielding. Now my phone is a different thing all together. I take a picture and it photo streams automatically to my computer. I can then tweak the picture to my liking. I have a feeling that cameras may become a thing of the past except for the professional ones. I say this because eventually one will only be able to buy smart phones and not just a plain jane phone because that will be all they make. I do take my block pictures with my big camera but the poor thing does not go out with me like it did in the past.
Now what are you all doing today?? I am a football fan so guess what I will be doing. Yep that is right....rooting for the ravens much to chagrin of all my relatives here in CA and all the friends that I know here too. I grew up back east and so I am partial to those teams. I never did get into the 49ers.......I liked the Chargers and Raiders. So while I am watching them dance down the fields (Oh play ballet music, mute the football game and then watch them dance down the field. Gives you a different perspective of the game) . I will be quilting by hand my own quilt that I have been working on for over a year. One of those things you pick up and put down. I think I put it down more often though. I have selected material and cut out the squares and they are all set for me to start sewing together tomorrow. I love seeing the blocks come alive.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 AM

Ok on sat i got fat8 from Abbys Mom
Moonrise
The Mama hauser
Jaba (2)
moonwork Love all the fabric. will be sending out on monday finished blocks!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 AM

I got my first squishy from Jaba and today I have her block all grown-up and ready to travel on it's own back home. Jaba, it will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for swapping, Phannie
Old 02-03-2013, 02:26 PM

My mailbox runneth over with squishes. I've received the following F8's:

MOONWORK
MOONRISE
LJDUGAS31
JABA
URGODSCHILD2
ABBYSMOM
JOANELIZBAY
OLDCATLADY..

I'm almost ready to mail...stuffing envelopes today and then to the post office this next week.......

yeehaw........
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM

I got all 7 F8's picked out with a pattern and cut out. Sewed two, mama hauser and LJDugas31 but nothing seemed to go right today so I think Ill stop and wait till tomorrow! Ill get these two in the mail tomorrow hopefully.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 PM

ljdugas31, I finished your blocks (both groups), they will be in the mail tomorrow and pics are in my album
Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 PM

I received 9 fat 8ths and they have been made into grown ups. Look in my signature if you want to see your block. They will be back into the mail to you by Tuesday. I sent out your f8ths on Thursday so you should be receiving them soon.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lestrong601 View Post
I received 9 fat 8ths and they have been made into grown ups. Look in my signature if you want to see your block. They will be back into the mail to you by Tuesday. I sent out your f8ths on Thursday so you should be receiving them soon.
GORGEOUS blocks!