Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

received 5 beautiful blocks this week from babyfire04, twinriversfarm, urgodschild2 x 2, and TheMamaHauser. Ladies they are all beautiful! Thank you so much

I sent out block to Moonrise today and will mail out to Abby's Mom on monday, pics in my album.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    babyfire sent your block today. Nothing in the mail. Those that haven't mailed please mail your F8, they should have been in the mail last week.

I know I am behind in updating...some one slap me with the wet noodle out behind the barn please! I am going to pull my list and gather my envelopes and open them this evening
    You are all doing a wonderful job!
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries

Here's my current status as of 8:40 pm Sunday 2/23

Ready to Sew Waiting on F8 Block Returned Swap Complete
    Goldendog55*
    UrGoldsChild2*
    babyfire04
    country1
    Gaijin
    Moonwork42029
    NanaKathy55
    Navarre2011
    Girlscouts1*
    Tracibug*
    Dottie Dodge
    jaydee3
    lovngrandma
    Mosher92
    QuiltingMommy
    Lv2sew2011 (side)
    Tam...moo(side)
    Marcialee
    OKDarla
    Alikat110
    ArizonaKAT
    cupy
    LovingIzabella
    Phannie1
    Roseysue
    Scrapper
    Travlinggramma
    MollyMunchkin (side)
    Nexxus831(side)
    MissGiggleWings

TwinRiversFarm
    Abby's Mom
    Dahna42
    Elisabrat
    Jaba
    JoanElizBay
    Lestrong601
    LjDugas31
    Moonrise
    OldCatLady
    RoseIrish48

* indicates more than 1 group

I got almost 12 blocks sewn today but not all in time for the mail pick up - so a bunch will be going out on Monday. If you click on the link below, there are pictures of everything I've made, everything I've received, and a link to my tracking spreadsheet with dates & block names.
    Mischief Managed.

I got a beautiful block from RoseIrish. As I was taking my picture the Quilt Inspecter gave here approval.Name:  From_RoseIrish48.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  31.1 KB

I think it's so funny to see some of the blocks that I wanted to make this time around already being made by others. I guess we all went through Quilterscache and the same blocks jumped out at us. I hadn't see the Antique tile block, Quatrefoil or the Dandy before to this swap (or maybe just didn't know the names) and decided I wanted to try using them and voila...several other people are using them too.

Amazing how great minds think a like I guess.

So of course I think all the blocks great
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    You guys are some of the first to know this: I just received word that I have received the Alegre Quilt Art Camp Scholarship for 2013! It is in Colorado in April for 5 days in a beautiful retreat center. I want to take the shibori dyeing and design class, that will help me in my work at Pike Place Market, but otherwise I'll take a class with Katie Pasaquini-Masopust. The other instructor is Joan Meyers-Newbury. Oh, I am so excited!!!!!!

Here's the link to the program: http://www.alegreretreat.com/alegre.htm
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Just looked up the site. BEAUTIFUL does not do the pic justice. You are sooooooo LUCKY, enjoy and know you are envied by alot of us!...
    Country1
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Moonwork, I was thinking the same thing! Had never made the Kansas Fortune one before but as soon as I got it in the mail I see where someone else liked it too! LOL...ALL the blocks are beautiful I think. My son looked at 2 different blocks in 2 different colors and loved one of them but not the other that I had made...When I showed him it was the same exact block he couldnt beleive it. Colors make all the difference in the world dont they?
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Baby Fire, blocks on the way home to you.
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

MamaHauser, got your block done and it will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for swapping...

Okay, Ladies, I hear you chastizing me for not have my F8's in the mail....WELL, they will definately go out tomorrow.
    I had quite a few blocks made and was gonna be a smarta.., and mail both together...no I won't, not at 2.10 each, so had to come restuff regular envelopes.
    Blocks going out to:
    abby's mom phannie1
    alikat110 quiltingmomy
    cuppy roseirish48
    dahna42 themamahauser
    elisabrat travelinggramma
    gaijin twinriversfarm
    goldendog55 urgodschild2
    jaba arizonacat
    joanelizbay country1
    lestrong601 okdarla
    ljdugas31 oldcatlady
    marcialee nanakathy55
    moonrise missgigglewings
    moonwork

sorry guys, I really did have a space between all those.....hope you can figure it out

Blog Entries

grown ups recieved and other updates....

I have recieved several beautiful grown ups.... Lestrong601, jaba, twinriversfarm, & moonrise.....not necessary posted in correct order.
    Also have recieved another f8..babyfire04....

And Jaba....the last photo is a block you sent me ( in addition to my block) that someone will surely miss.....if you know who sent you the purple fabric...I'll be happy to get it to the rightful owner...... churn dash is buy far line of my favorite blockers, but I know it will be missed if we done get it home....

Last edited by alikat110; 02-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Forgot to add......I love my grown ups........thanks guys.....

Waiting on f8's from....
    Dottie dodge
    Jaydee3
    Lovngrandma
    Mosher92
    Traciebug

Not in Any hurry....just keeping record straight....hopefully will be starting blocks next weekend....
    Last edited by alikat110; 02-24-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Received for wonderful blocks - had to show them together because they are so perfect together!
    they are from
    MamaHauser, RoseIsrish
    urGodschild, Launavee
    Thank you
    also received F8 f rom Babyfire04 and KaSandra

company leaves on Tuesday, patterns are printed and I am itching to get going on sewing!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Sending 3 grownup blocks home tomorrow.

ljdugas31
    oldcatlady
    travelinggramma

They are posted in my link listed below...scroll through the comment and you'll see all the blocks scattered through out the thread so far. (post 18 I think)
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Blog Entries
    alikat I knew I sent someone 2 blocks but they were already in the mail. Went back to the PO and the truck was already gone. I really screwed up big time, I'm so sorry. I think it goes to arizona kat, I received both of yours on the same day but not sure. I'm almost sure she sent just the white fabric and said anything with it, well I always go to purple. I'll PM her and ask if this was her fabric, then we'll know for sure. Thanks for letting me know.
    jaydee3 I do like to get mine done but I also know that it costs more ($2.10) to send 2 blocks at once. When ladies are in the booms for the first time they think that will save them money but like you have learned it doesn't at all, costs more. You are not alone trying to save on postage but usually it just doesn't work. All's good and now you know so you can try to pass on that knowledge, problem is most do not believe

Blog Entries
    Jaba...you are right....I pulled her f8....would be suprised if it is not hers....but....erring on the side of caution....I will wait till you give me the go head.....it is a beautiful block

Blog Entries
    I was downstairs looking and your envelopes are back to back!! Yup it's hers. I looked and don't have enough of your fabric left to make a churn dash exactly, but I'll figure something out and you'll get another block from me. Would appreciate it if you would send it on to her, gees I feel so stupid, I'm truly sorry to ask you to do this.

Blog Entries
    Just a quick update. I haven't received anymore f8ths and since I just got mine all mailed out earlier last week I don't expect any blocks yet Today was Amy's Memorial service so this is the first I've been on this weekend checking on things. Joanlizbay, I sent you back a PM before checking on here. To anyone else that received my f8th and also wanted to know why I didn't include a note, to be honest I've been very overwhelmed the last couple weeks and just didn't think to add one. I'm making 3 quilts out of these blocks. One for each of my 3 neices: Shyanne, Allayah, and Ja'leah. I sent out 4 fabrics, 2 pinks, a purple and a blue. If you really want input on colors grey or any girly colors are lovely. I've seen the quilts made out of boom blocks and honestly I've never seen an "ugly" one yet! So do whatever that fabric calls out to you for! Actually, I have two boom quilts in my sewing room waiting to be made! Happy Quilting! I just need to get over this darn weepyness and get back in my sewing room. I need to as my mama loves to say "Put my big girl panties on and deal with it!" I did just see a saying today that said "If I have to pull my big girl panties up one more time the elastic's going to snap and then I'll really be showing my butt!"
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Mailing blocks to "joanelizbay" and "NanaKathy55" today.

Gaijin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
    Just a quick update. I haven't received anymore f8ths and since I just got mine all mailed out earlier last week I don't expect any blocks yet
    I just finished yours a little bit ago - it's going out tomorrow!
    Mischief Managed.

Jaba, it wasn't so much saving money as trying to use the brown envelopes, thinking that the fabric would be safer and if I was going to use those larger envelopes, I might as well send the f8 and blocks home together. The lady at the post office showed me an envelope that would work. I was sure it was the same size as the brown ones I already had at home, but when I got back to the post office, they were about 1/16 of an inch to wide and they weren't budging at the post office. Next time I will pay for the post office envelope and they should mail for 66 cents, plus 40 for the envelope. That is about the same as two envelopes and the cost of the envelope, but the post office envelopes are that paper that doesn't tear easily.

Also sending home scrapper and navarre tomorrow. That is all the f8 I have except for Aprils that I saved for last so I could embroider it.

babyfire, it just takes time. Losing someone close is worse than surgery the wound heals slower, but it will heal. Love and prayers your way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, jaydee3

TheMamaHauser, wow that was fast!!!

I have a correction to make lol. I PM'd Travelingramma back not joanlizbay.... apparently I'm getting my PM's and pages mixed up tonight!
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Hi there.......If Roseysue or Ljdugas received a finished block with pink fabric with butterflies that was not yours......I have you purple lilac finished block and I will mail it to you. It was sent to me by mistake.

Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast