Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1722

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

I received three in the mail Monday! Wonderful blocks made by Alikat110, Missgigglewings, and Urgodschild2 all arrived safely. Pictures are being updated right now.

It have been so much fun getting mail from everyone. It seems like all that is ever in the box are bills and flyers. But by being in this swap there has been something to look forward to! Thinking and talking to my youngest daughters (who are always jealous about my mail) and a friend led to an idea for a summer project. My daughters and the daughters of my friend are starting a post card project that will hopefully give them enjoyment all summer long. I am hoping to enlist help from dozens of online friends (or future friends), who would be willing to send a post card or two to the girls; postcards that would represents their state or a future vacation state or site. Are you taking a cruise or vacation this summer can you pick up two postcards and mail them out to them? With your help this summer will be so fun. The excitement of receiving the postcards in the mail will be priceless.

Let me know if you can help and I will send our addresses on to you.

Thanks so much

Christina--quiltingmommy

Name:  missgigglewings.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  194.6 KBName:  alikat110.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  234.5 KBName:  urgodschild2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  296.6 KB

These are from missgigglewings, Alikat110 and urgodchild2

[QUOTE=quiltingmommy;6036341]

It have been so much fun getting mail from everyone. It seems like all that is ever in the box are bills and flyers. But by being in this swap there has been something to look forward to! Thinking and talking to my youngest daughters (who are always jealous about my mail) and a friend led to an idea for a summer project. My daughters and the daughters of my friend are starting a post card project that will hopefully give them enjoyment all summer long. I am hoping to enlist help from dozens of online friends (or future friends), who would be willing to send a post card or two to the girls; postcards that would represents their state or a future vacation state or site. Are you taking a cruise or vacation this summer can you pick up two postcards and mail them out to them? With your help this summer will be so fun. The excitement of receiving the postcards in the mail will be priceless.

Let me know if you can help and I will send our addresses on to you.

Thanks so much Quiltingmommy

We have your address, what are their names? I would love to send them some post cards. Phannie

My girls are Abigail, 4 and Elinore, 7. Any postcards would be appreciated. It will be really fun to collect them and tie in a geography lesson as well...I'm thinking of getting a map poster and they can tag where they got post cards from. I was talking over this idea with a friend who also has daughters ages 2-11 that we are doing the project with. You all should have my address, but I can PM their address to you if you want to help in our projects.

Blog Entries
    Count me in Quiltingmommy! PM me your address and theirs. I will get my 8 year old granddaughter to help also! She and the other 2 8 year olds love getting mail from me so I surprise them quite often!

Has anyone been to Wal Mart lately and noticed them doing away with the 2 yard bolts of fabric they had hanging for sale? The one here in Boonville only has the fat quarter 97 cent fabrics left now...not that I ever bought any of their 2 yard bolts but its a shame they cant add more fabric, better fabric, instead of getting rid of what they had. The Wal Marts in Columbia have great fabric and two aisles of it!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Phannie! love to send that post card! my dh is in our l ocal lake post card I have oh maybe 20 . send me the mail to please

Alikat110 love my kitty block will post it tomorrow.

Mary C. in Canada love my block too!!! again they fit (her block is a great bow tie!)
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Phannie! love to send that post card! my dh is in our l ocal lake post card I have oh maybe 20 . send me the mail to please

Alikat110 love my kitty block will post it tomorrow.

Mary C. in Canada love my block too!!! again they fit (her block is a great bow tie!)
    It is a Patrick Loose pattern, who is one of my favorite designer!

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6036868]Phannie! love to send that post card! my dh is in our l ocal lake post card I have oh maybe 20 . send me the mail to please

/QUOTE] Those post cards go to QuiltingMommy's Girls. Not to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Count me in Quiltingmommy! PM me your address and theirs. I will get my 8 year old granddaughter to help also! She and the other 2 8 year olds love getting mail from me so I surprise them quite often!

Has anyone been to Wal Mart lately and noticed them doing away with the 2 yard bolts of fabric they had hanging for sale? The one here in Boonville only has the fat quarter 97 cent fabrics left now...not that I ever bought any of their 2 yard bolts but its a shame they cant add more fabric, better fabric, instead of getting rid of what they had. The Wal Marts in Columbia have great fabric and two aisles of it!
    Our walmart has the selection but their material is "scattered" and difficult to price at a glance. I actually spoke to the girl that works the section and last week when I went there it was a little better.

The thing that really irritates me is they took the "sale" aisle out and shoved the sale material in with the rest and it takes too long to go through everything. I go to walmart for a deal. If I wanted to buy $6.00 material, I'd go to JoaAnns.

ArizonaKAT

I really like the block I got from AliKat110. it is the neatest! Phannie
    Attached Images Attached Images

WELL quilting mommy where do i send the cards?

thanks phannie
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phannie1 View Post
    I really like the block I got from AliKat110. it is the neatest! Phannie
    Wow, Phannie...I love that block you got from alikat110, too! Hehehe

No really....I like it so much that I started some with scraps that are 6".....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are my blocks from Alikat110 (the kitty) and from OkDarla her bow tie has a three d center tie part. totally different than anything I have seen before! thank you ladies!
    Name:  tropical runner 005.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  680.7 KB

oh on another note: my tablerunner swap (Elisabrats summer fun table runner swap) will be closing this weekend. there is still plenty room for more to join so if your running out of blocks to make slide on over and join us in swapping runners. I think it will be a really colorful fun swap!
    Linda

just an update on the blocks I have not received:
    ninakk
    abby'smom
    babyfire
    cuppy
    dottiedodge
    girlscouts
    goldendog
    lovingizabella
    lovnggrandma
    moonwork
    navarre
    okdarla
    oldcatlady
    phannie
    quiltingmommy
    roseysue
    scrapper
    themamahauser
    tracibug
    please let me know if I have made a mistake

Blog Entries
    Blocks I have received recently. urgodschild2, missgigglewings, abbysmom, AZ Kat, quiltingmommy, and a block from attleboro, ma (I am too lazy to go upstairs to look up your board name) Thank you ladies, all the blocks are wonderful. And also a block from goldendog55. I love them all.
    Last edited by dottie dodge; 05-02-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am showing that I mailed a block out to you on 4/8. It had two 4-patches in your F8 and yellow, and then the other 2 blocks were fussy-cut medallions on brown.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    just an update on the blocks I have not received:
    ninakk
    abby'smom
    babyfire
    cuppy
    dottiedodge
    girlscouts
    goldendog
    lovingizabella
    lovnggrandma
    moonwork
    navarre
    okdarla
    oldcatlady
    phannie
    quiltingmommy
    roseysue
    scrapper
    themamahauser
    tracibug
    please let me know if I have made a mistake
    Mischief Managed.

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    Thanks for checking it out moonwork. I will get it done!

Quitingmommy, got a grown up in from you this week and realized I did not post. It is fantastic!
    ---------------
    Just browing through - - from the Atlantic Boom - - - Quiltingmommy, I would love to know the name of that block. It's wonderful!

Jane
    Jane

received block from phannie today....love, love it. thank you

I have four new blocks finished: Country1, Missgigglewings, Jaydee3 and Goldendog.

My online picture album is updated; take a peak if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    I am showing that I mailed a block out to you on 4/8. It had two 4-patches in your F8 and yellow, and then the other 2 blocks were fussy-cut medallions on brown.
    you are absolutely right and one of the more interesting blocks also. I had it marked as rec'd, don't know where my brain was.

Blog Entries
    No problem! I "saved" yours for last because I could NOT come up with an idea for it for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    you are absolutely right and one of the more interesting blocks also. I had it marked as rec'd, don't know where my brain was.
    Mischief Managed.

Sent out grown-up to Mosher92. My last block to fly home. If you have NOT rec'd a block from me at this time PLEASE PM me.
    Thanks to everyone for swapping. I have rec'd some of the most beautiful blocks. I know they are going to make a beautiful "Crafty/sewing/quilting" themed quilt!
    Penny aka Country1
    Country 1

I couldn't remember if I had or hadn't sent a thank to Goldendog55 for the beautiful block I rec'd last week. I have been sick with respiratory infection and asthmatic bronchitis for the last 3 weeks. So my mind is just now functioning again.
    Judy, the block is beautiful and I LOVE it!...
    Thanks, Country1
    Country 1

Just mailed my last 3 block out today..If you have not received a finished block from me...Please let me know
    I love all of the blocks I have received so far and just want to thank all of you for sharing your wonderful talent with me!!!
    Kathy

Hello everyone!
    I officially mailed the following blocks home today:
    Abby'sMom
    dahna42
    jaba
    joanelizbay
    Lestrong
    ljdugas
    Moonrise
    RoseIrish
    Tracibug

I hope you all like your blocks. I will try to upload the pictures of them in my album this weekend.
    Hugs
    April

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast