Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1722

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread

If I have offended anyone in anyway, I am TRULY sorry. I am excited to get my blocks, but the world is not going to end if I don't get them today. This is fun. I wish we could keep it that way. And YES, April, count me in on the next!
    Penny
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    This was my first boom and I've really enjoyed the experience. When I'm finished putting my blocks together, I will have a "wife quilt" (the one we put at the bottom of the bed in case we get cold at night and can pull it up without too much trouble) and any late commers will turn into throw pillows for the bed.

I already know what type of material I'm sending out for the next boom.

AZ KAT

Blog Entries
    Judy, so sorry to hear you are still having problems! If I can do anything to help you please let me know..you have ALWAYS been good at the swaps we have done together and Im sure you would have had them out way before now if health didnt get in the way! My son still LOVES the block you made me, Compass Star maybe? Anyhow..I dont feel anyone was rude or being hateful...just stating opinions and never intended it to be a downer...April is right, people LOVE to see updates and pictures so they can get ideas from others...and when someone is quiet they worry about them, alot of times this is why they post, to try to get a positive response! This IS A FUN swap...one Ive done for 9 times now and will do the next one and the next and the next....I DO understand that people want to hear if they will have their blocks on time or not so they know how to proceed..its NOT a criticizm of anyone, its like having to turn in a term paper on time...you have to let the teacher know if you are going to be late!! Thank GOD I dont have to do that anymore! April might give me an F! LOL
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Rec'd cool block from Oldcatlady..Thank you, I am really pleased to get another orange block. I only had one. Thanks again for swapping. I am getting my stuff ready for the next boom. I will be out earlier this time. I have so enjoyed getting to know some of you that post every few days. I know some don't really care to post, but it makes me feel like I have new friends.

By the way, my grandson, hit the homerun that won the State Tournament for his 12U select baseball team. and...my oldest granddaughter graduates next week with honors. I am such a proud Mimi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
    This was my first boom and I've really enjoyed the experience. When I'm finished putting my blocks together, I will have a "wife quilt" (the one we put at the bottom of the bed in case we get cold at night and can pull it up without too much trouble) and any late comers will turn into throw pillows for the bed.
    What a great idea. I suppose that gives me a reason to store a quilt (or 6) in the bedroom now. Because of thyroid stuff, I have a hard time keeping my body temperature in a normal range and am always buried under blankets and layers of clothes... my husband piles his side of the blankets on top of me at night and I've never thought of just making one for me, for my side. I've got visions dancing in my head already.
    Mischief Managed.

I rec'd a beautiful block from Oldcatlady today! Thank you so much it is gorgeous. My DH wants to know what the name of the block is, if possible. I know we send out so many sometimes it's hard to remember what was sent to who.
    Thank you to all who have swapped! It's been alot of fun and I'm ready for the next one when the time comes!...
    Penny
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Dear Pacific Boomers..........needless to say I am way behind schedule. I've had a personal family medical emergency (my youngest brother who just turned 50 was diagnosed terminal) that has taken my time......but I promise.......I am working madly to complete everyone's block and I WILL GET THESE IN THE MAIL ASAP....please bear with me......and thank you for your patience and understanding......
    Scrapper.....
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scrapper...Prayers for your brother, for you and for your family as you deal with this illness! Stay strong and don't stress over blocks! You can save mine for last because it will become another UFO until Christmas sewing gets started1 Take care of yourself too!...Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Country1 View Post
    I rec'd a beautiful block from Oldcatlady today! Thank you so much it is gorgeous. My DH wants to know what the name of the block is, if possible. I know we send out so many sometimes it's hard to remember what was sent to who.
    Thank you to all who have swapped! It's been alot of fun and I'm ready for the next one when the time comes!...
    Penny
    the name of the block is Windmill. I'm so glad you like it. It is very easy to make

Wow I can't believe that some people are upset. I like seeing the updates because then I can check if I have made a mistake. I don't mind people taking to the last min. to do their blocks and I just don't pay attention to those who are anxious to have their blocks all back in two months. I just smile about it. This is the first time that I was in all 5 groups so I got to know everyone. It was fun and still is fun. Yeah I still have several blocks to come back but hey...life happens and sometimes we have the best intentions and it just doesn't work out. I am totally a flexible person and so I guess I am just thrilled to see a block come in and if they are not all here by the middle of June...so what.
    Tracibug....I realize that you are really having a really hard time and I want tyou to know that if you don't get to my blocks....it won't be the end of the world for me. Those blocks will become pillow cases for my grandkids who will love them dearly...so don't stress.
    Anyone else out there having problems (personal or health) and can't get to mine......hey all in due time.....when ever you get to it, you get to it.

April I will deffinitely be in the next boom but I don't think I w ill tackle all the groups. LOL. Everyone stay happy.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Scrapper so sorry for you and your family, but I do appreciate you letting us know. You're update is sincerely appreciated. Thank you

Scrapper, Keep you and your family in my prayers.

I will be sending Babyfire out tomorrow. I am needing to get 5 more done before Saturday. They will get done but may not be mailed till Saturday.

I did get a release from the doctor from Physical therapy for my frozen shoulder. I have to keep it moving.

Thanks for swapping, Phannie

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    Rec'd cool block from Oldcatlady..Thank you, I am really pleased to get another orange block. I only had one. Thanks again for swapping. I am getting my stuff ready for the next boom. I will be out earlier this time. I have so enjoyed getting to know some of you that post every few days. I know some don't really care to post, but it makes me feel like I have new friends.
    By the way, my grandson, hit the homerun that won the State Tournament for his 12U select baseball team. and...my oldest granddaughter graduates next week with honors. I am such a proud Mimi.
    Does a grandma good doesn't it? I know I am elated in their accomplishments and feel so proud in a little way and I'm sure you do too. Makes me even more proud of my children for raising their's with a sense of pride and just the "want to and will attitude". Don't know how else to state it really, but hope you know the message I'm trying to send. Awesome job for both of them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Alisha I have a box to be mailed to you tomorrow. I love the quilt you just finished to give to charity! You are really a compassionate person and Im sure it will be greatly appreciated!
    Joan, just wanted to let you know I've now started a quilt top from the squares you sent me. I found nine blocks that have a purple theme. I have cut a beautiful green sashing and will start assembling this week. I think I can find at least 1 or 2 sets with similar color themes. After that...scrappy look is fine. Thank you again for your generosity. I will post, in this thread, a picture when this one is sewn together!

Blog Entries
    Moon, mystery solved on your block. Husband has had on his dashboard last couple of weeks....says he was waiting for me to finish more blocks b/f he made a trip to post office! I set him straight, in my sweetest voice. He promised to mail tomorrow. Thank goodness. I really like this block and would love for it to be in your dad's quilt. I put it in a new envelope as I have included an addition applique kitty since I had started on ideas for a new block. Hope you can use it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Yeah I still have several blocks to come back but hey...life happens and sometimes we have the best intentions and it just doesn't work out. I am totally a flexible person and so I guess I am just thrilled to see a block come in and if they are not all here by the middle of June...so what.
    Anyone else out there having problems (personal or health) and can't get to mine......hey all in due time.....when ever you get to it, you get to it.

April I will deffinitely be in the next boom but I don't think I w ill tackle all the groups. LOL. Everyone stay happy.
    I am in no hurry to tackle a project with the blocks now so please don't rush on mine.
    I LOVE to see everyones display of blocks all together. So if you'all would PLEASE (pretty please with sugar on top) post your pictures on the site I would greatly appreciate it! I have gotten so many ideas for swaps and fabrics and colors and patterns and combinations from YOUR pictures. Thank you for swapping with me and I would love to see my block play with others!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Jaba, I understand exactly what you are saying....thank you. Mothers always wonder if they did a good job raising their children and grandchildren often let us know that we did okay.
    Getting ready to start sashing for my blocks. will post when I am satisfied. Thank you to everyone in the swap, I definately had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    Moon, mystery solved on your block. Husband has had on his dashboard last couple of weeks....says he was waiting for me to finish more blocks b/f he made a trip to post office! I set him straight, in my sweetest voice. He promised to mail tomorrow. Thank goodness. I really like this block and would love for it to be in your dad's quilt. I put it in a new envelope as I have included an addition applique kitty since I had started on ideas for a new block. Hope you can use it as well.
    Oh my.... good thing we loves our hubbys so much!

It was such a cute block I know Dad will just cackle when he sees it. He'll wonder about the other kitty so I think I'll tell him it was that new transparent fabric...must have got too hot in the mail and melted, he he he. Then I'll tell him what really happened.

Thanks for letting me know as I know you had put a lot of thought and work into it.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

I am not in this group but if you want you can peek at my blocks in my signature line
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Very pretty Melinda! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing any blocks that have been made!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

URGODSCHILD2-

Thank you so much for that... I am hoping I won't need your grace, but I do appreciate that it is there.

Anyone else, do not stress to get mine out. I won't get assembling any time soon.

Traci

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Wow I can't believe that some people are upset. I like seeing the updates because then I can check if I have made a mistake. I don't mind people taking to the last min. to do their blocks and I just don't pay attention to those who are anxious to have their blocks all back in two months. I just smile about it. This is the first time that I was in all 5 groups so I got to know everyone. It was fun and still is fun. Yeah I still have several blocks to come back but hey...life happens and sometimes we have the best intentions and it just doesn't work out. I am totally a flexible person and so I guess I am just thrilled to see a block come in and if they are not all here by the middle of June...so what.
    Tracibug....I realize that you are really having a really hard time and I want tyou to know that if you don't get to my blocks....it won't be the end of the world for me. Those blocks will become pillow cases for my grandkids who will love them dearly...so don't stress.

I agree Melinda...some of them are truly unusual and all of them would be a joy to have in a quilt. Good job

Update:
    Grown ups sent home so far-
    abbysmom - april
    dahna42-30 may
    elisabrat-30 may
    jaba-2 april
    joanelizbay-may
    marcialee-30 may
    moonwork42029-30 may
    nanakathy55-30 may
    themamahouser- 2 april
    travelinggramma- may
    So sorry for the delay. Working on getting all out by 1 June deadline

Thanks for posting navarre. I will be happy to have it when it gets here

Dropping grown up blocks in the mail tomorrow for RoseySue and LovingGrandma. thanks for swapping, Phannie

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast