Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 1846

Thread: Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

  1. #226
    Super Member Carsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,317
    Got 6 more Squishi's today from: Jane Cat, Shaysmema, Obsessed, Quiltlin, Maine LadyBug, and Jennifer22206. I have already picked out the blocks for the 1st 6 that I received and am now looking for the ones I received today.

  2. #227
    Super Member oatw13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,746
    shaysmema - I will keep you in my thoughts. Please take care of your DH. We have plenty of time.

    I have a finished block heading home to twospoiledhuskies!

    I also received F8's from PokerDiva, shaysmema, moonrise,
    Maine ladybug, carsey, and JaneCat.

    JaneCat - your F8 was so tasty the PO ate it! Luckily it arrived in one piece in one of their "special" envelopes.

    The finished blocks are looking good! :)

  3. #228
    Super Member moonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    ...

    JaneCat - your F8 was so tasty the PO ate it! Luckily it arrived in one piece in one of their "special" envelopes.

    ...
    I call those "body bags". :lol:

    Haven't been able to work on the F8's yet. We're snowed in! DH's work shift was called off, and may be tomorrow as well. Can't get anything done with him here. LOL!

    No mail today, either, so I didn't get any squishies. Waaah! I'm having squishy withdrawal! :cry: ;)

  4. #229
    Super Member PokerDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    Thanks ladies, blocks going home tomorrow to Obsessed & PokerDiva, hope you ladies like!!

    Received F8's from Maine Ladybug
    Carsey, Shaysmema, Janecat, & Moonrise.
    Will do blocks ASAP.
    Can't Wait.....Can't Wait.

  5. #230
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Roseysue got back on track with her group no worries :-)

    I forgot to post that fryguy's block is on it's way home with my F8-hope you like it!

    love love seeing the squishies rolling in-and blocks already going home :-D

    Moonrise-I can not imagine no mail because of the snow but I understand the dynamics are different in GA when there is snow :-) Enjoy it while you can.

    Hugs
    April

  6. #231
    Sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    501
    Dumb question...

    Do we need to post a pic of the block before we mail or does the owner post when it arrives home?


  7. #232
    Super Member maine ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Dumb question...

    Do we need to post a pic of the block before we mail or does the owner post when it arrives home?

    Not a dumb question. At least you asked. I posted one and I wasn't supposed to. Our leader has said that if the person you made it for wants you to you can. Otherwise, don't post a picture.

  8. #233
    Super Member pattis47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Twospoiledhuskies - your block is on it way in the morning mail...3 down and a bunch to go. I have received 10 F8's so far.
    A word of advice to the rest of you....Read your directions carefully, I didn't and the pattern takes Fat quarter not F8 and I got half a block done and was looking for the rest of the fabric.....luckily, the sender can help me out with another F8 but that would have been horrible.....I guess I was so excited to start sewing, I lost track of the important things. A lesson learned...

    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Today I received 4 more F8's in my mail:
    so far I received fabric from:
    Oatw13 1/6/11 and mailed her block 1/9/11
    DonnaDrum 1/6/11 and mailed her block 1/9/11
    Fryguymoore 1/8/11 and half finished block
    Twospoiled huskies 1/8/11 and pcs cut out for block
    Janecat 1/8/11 pattern picked out
    Moonrise 1/8/11 pattern picked out
    Carsey 1/10/11 just opened today
    Shaysmema 1/10/11 just opened today
    Pokerdiva 1/10/11 just opened today
    Maineladybug 1/10/11 just opened today

    If all goes well tonight I should have 2 more to mail back tomorrow.

  9. #234
    Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sparta, Missouri
    Posts
    1,146
    Blog Entries
    5
    Wow, Ladies! It's exciting to see that you're actually sewing blocks already! Just cutting and mailing (and organizing) has kept me busier than my DH can handle! LOL It's times like these that I wish he was still working! He works on the farm here when the weather is tolerable but this wintery days are the pits! I think he believes I should be cleaning house or doing bookwork rather than sewing all the time! (I explain to him I'm NOT drinking or watching X rated movies!) Sometimes I have to remind him that he spends a lot of time playing solitaire on the computer. :( (I have busy schedule til Thursday. Maybe I can sew then.) :)

  10. #235
    Super Member moonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    3,063
    I snuck off to my sewing room and got one F8 all grown up! Fryguymoore's block will be headed back home as soon as our mail is running again. :)

    Our 8" of snow now has a 2" thick layer of ice under it. Since we live in Georgia, we're not as equipped to handle winter weather as northern states are ... so everything's pretty much shut down at the moment.

    I added a link to my signature line so y'all can see photos of the Boomerang 4 blocks as they're completed, but don't peek until you've received your block from me, or it'll spoil the surprise! ;-)

  11. #236
    Super Member pattis47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Twospoiledhuskies is in the morning mail too


    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Twospoiledhuskies - your block is on it way in the morning mail...3 down and a bunch to go. I have received 10 F8's so far.
    A word of advice to the rest of you....Read your directions carefully, I didn't and the pattern takes Fat quarter not F8 and I got half a block done and was looking for the rest of the fabric.....luckily, the sender can help me out with another F8 but that would have been horrible.....I guess I was so excited to start sewing, I lost track of the important things. A lesson learned...

    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Today I received 4 more F8's in my mail:
    so far I received fabric from:
    Oatw13 1/6/11 and mailed her block 1/9/11
    DonnaDrum 1/6/11 and mailed her block 1/9/11
    Fryguymoore 1/8/11 and half finished block
    Twospoiled huskies 1/8/11 and pcs cut out for block
    Janecat 1/8/11 pattern picked out
    Moonrise 1/8/11 pattern picked out
    Carsey 1/10/11 just opened today
    Shaysmema 1/10/11 just opened today
    Pokerdiva 1/10/11 just opened today
    Maineladybug 1/10/11 just opened today

    If all goes well tonight I should have 2 more to mail back tomorrow.

  12. #237
    Super Member ksea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,635
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    I snuck off to my sewing room and got one F8 all grown up! Fryguymoore's block will be headed back home as soon as our mail is running again. :)

    Our 8" of snow now has a 2" thick layer of ice under it. Since we live in Georgia, we're not as equipped to handle winter weather as northern states are ... so everything's pretty much shut down at the moment.

    I added a link to my signature line so y'all can see photos of the Boomerang 4 blocks as they're completed, but don't peek until you've received your block from me, or it'll spoil the surprise! ;-)
    Moonrise my DH is down in Atlanta on storm work duty. He is on of the ones that is trying to get the city and airport back up and running. He was talking to some of the locals and they were telling him they had never seen it that bad down there.

  13. #238
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    157
    Received From >>>>
    1/8/11
    fryguymoore, jennifer22206, oatsw13, pattis47,
    twospoiledhuskies
    1/10/11
    shaysmema, pokerdiva, moonrise, maine ladybug, janecat, donnadrum, carsey

    Mail my F8 out to all besties group today 1/11/11.

  14. #239
    Super Member moonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    As long as everyone else doesn't mind, I would love it if you posted a picture of the blocks you complete w/the fabric I mailed. If any of you know me, you know I am impatient. Just show me the money....I mean BLOCK....post away, it takes toooooo long for the letter carrier to get it to me....please dont make me wait, p.s. I just love sharing your work with everyone else.
    Patti, I was able to get a couple of blocks finished for you as well. DH went outside to check out the road situation, and got carried away "playing" in the snow, so I sewed and sewed and sewed while he was outside! Woo hoo! :thumbup:

    As per your request, here are photos of the two blocks. The first block is the Courthouse Steps pattern, and I used the leftover bits to make the second block, called Chimneys and Cornerstones. :)

    I'll get them in the mail as soon as our mail carrier is able to get up our hill. Right now it's solid ice, but I expect it'll be melted within a couple of days. I'm kind of surprised the county hasn't salted it, but we live in a tiny subdivision with just a few houses, so I guess we're not on the priority list. :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images


  15. #240
    Super Member moonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northwest Georgia
    Posts
    3,063
    Quote Originally Posted by ksea
    Moonrise my DH is down in Atlanta on storm work duty. He is on of the ones that is trying to get the city and airport back up and running. He was talking to some of the locals and they were telling him they had never seen it that bad down there.
    Cool! (Literally! LOL!) ;) We're about 1-1/2 hours north of Atlanta (actually about 5 miles from Chattanooga), and I only remember seeing it worse than this one time ... during the "blizzard" of 1993. We got 23" of snow! It was unreal! They said it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime event. We had a ball playing in it. :mrgreen:

    Tell your hubby to stay warm! :thumbup:

  16. #241
    Super Member missgigglewings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seguin and Universal City Tx
    Posts
    2,128
    Well..I am off to the airport. I will be gone till Mondy evening or tuesday morning. Got to do a clinic and will take my laptop so I can keep in touch with the QB!

    I bet I have a load of squishies when I get back...I can't wait!

  17. #242
    Senior Member Roseysue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Buena Park,CA
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    I snuck off to my sewing room and got one F8 all grown up! Fryguymoore's block will be headed back home as soon as our mail is running again. :)

    Our 8" of snow now has a 2" thick layer of ice under it. Since we live in Georgia, we're not as equipped to handle winter weather as northern states are ... so everything's pretty much shut down at the moment.

    I added a link to my signature line so y'all can see photos of the Boomerang 4 blocks as they're completed, but don't peek until you've received your block from me, or it'll spoil the surprise! ;-)
    Thanks for the pics. It is fun to start seeing some of the blocks and what is being done with the fabrics.
    The all look so good.

  18. #243
    Super Member buddy'smom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,386
    My mail hasn't come yet, will be woring on some blocks later today, but may not get to the PO for a few days if this storm hits?? There saying up to 2FT or more, I sure hope now, have to go to the quilt shop for there Anniversary sale, gonna be a good one for sure.

  19. #244
    Super Member materialgrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    AuGres Mi.
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    My mail hasn't come yet, will be woring on some blocks later today, but may not get to the PO for a few days if this storm hits?? There saying up to 2FT or more, I sure hope now, have to go to the quilt shop for there Anniversary sale, gonna be a good one for sure.
    I'm sorry for all the snow your getting,it seems to be the snow jumps us and NY gets our portion and yours,not that I'm complaining.LOL

  20. #245
    Super Member buddy'smom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,386
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgrl
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    My mail hasn't come yet, will be woring on some blocks later today, but may not get to the PO for a few days if this storm hits?? There saying up to 2FT or more, I sure hope now, have to go to the quilt shop for there Anniversary sale, gonna be a good one for sure.
    I'm sorry for all the snow your getting,it seems to be the snow jumps us and NY gets our portion and yours,not that I'm complaining.LOL
    I'll glady send some your way?? Maybe we'll get lucky this time around. Got one block made so guess back to the sewing room for me.

  21. #246
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Just a reminder to all:
    unless a member specifically states in a note with their F8 that they want their scraps back, the scraps are yours to keep
    We do this swap this way for two reasons:
    1). Helps build scrap stashes with fabric we may not have access too
    B). It incurs more postage to mail back a completed block and scraps of material. Trying to make sure the cost is the same for everyone :-)
    Any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me :-)
    Hugs
    April

  22. #247
    Super Member PokerDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,013
    Received a F8 in the mail today from quiltlin. Will have to think about this one for a while. Probably wake up in the middle of the night with a thought. Not quite sure what that thought might be. LOL. I love this. I will have to do the next one too.

    Sent finished blocks to their homes today to Carsey, Janecat, Maine Ladybug, an Pattis47. Enjoy ladies.

  23. #248
    Super Member maine ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Received a F8 in the mail today from quiltlin. Will have to think about this one for a while. Probably wake up in the middle of the night with a thought. Not quite sure what that thought might be. LOL. I love this. I will have to do the next one too.

    Sent finished blocks to their homes today to Carsey, Janecat, Maine Ladybug, an Pattis47. Enjoy ladies.
    My name is on the list!! Can't wait to see what I get!

  24. #249
    Super Member pattis47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    Moonrise,
    Thank you for quenching my thirst for completed block pictures. I just love to see them and wait until they arrive. I will post pics of the quilts as I complete them so you can see where your blocks went. I appreciate the extra block and I am sure the soldiers will also. The patterns are great and the fabrics look like they were made for each other. Again, thanks
    Patti

    Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    As long as everyone else doesn't mind, I would love it if you posted a picture of the blocks you complete w/the fabric I mailed. If any of you know me, you know I am impatient. Just show me the money....I mean BLOCK....post away, it takes toooooo long for the letter carrier to get it to me....please dont make me wait, p.s. I just love sharing your work with everyone else.
    Patti, I was able to get a couple of blocks finished for you as well. DH went outside to check out the road situation, and got carried away "playing" in the snow, so I sewed and sewed and sewed while he was outside! Woo hoo! :thumbup:

    As per your request, here are photos of the two blocks. The first block is the Courthouse Steps pattern, and I used the leftover bits to make the second block, called Chimneys and Cornerstones. :)

    I'll get them in the mail as soon as our mail carrier is able to get up our hill. Right now it's solid ice, but I expect it'll be melted within a couple of days. I'm kind of surprised the county hasn't salted it, but we live in a tiny subdivision with just a few houses, so I guess we're not on the priority list. :lol:

  25. #250
    Super Member pattis47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,290
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm thinking, the ants go marchin one by one....... :lol:

    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Received a F8 in the mail today from quiltlin. Will have to think about this one for a while. Probably wake up in the middle of the night with a thought. Not quite sure what that thought might be. LOL. I love this. I will have to do the next one too.

    Sent finished blocks to their homes today to Carsey, Janecat, Maine Ladybug, an Pattis47. Enjoy ladies.

Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.