Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Besties Group-Besties Post Here (Those interested in Boom 5 please check page 108)

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    Hi All - Wanted to Update all my comings and goings:

Have Received:
    Carsey
    DonnaDrum
    fryguymoore
    janecat
    Maine Ladybug
    moonerise
    Oatw13
    Obsessed
    pattis47
    PokerDiva
    Quiltlin

Have Sent out:
    Carsey
    DonnaDrum
    Janecat

I'm also taking a 12 week Judy Neimeyer PP Class (Glacier Star) which I have to have 8 blocks done by Monday. As well as, a David Taylor applique class in February.

Can you say, "my machine will be SMOKEN". Will try to get these all out to everyone ASAP. Have fun

:-D

There are grown up blocks flying around like crazy - but none have been posted here yet as getting to their homes! I'm dying to see pictures... hurry up blocks - get home!

I've got 4 blocks done and they are posted on my blog, which is below my board name. The blocks made were for: janecat, oatw13, PokerDiva, and twospoiledhuskies- so if you 4 don't want to spoil your surprise, don't peak yet.

I will probably have these mailed out tomorrow, along with the f8s for both swap groups. I don't think my mail carrier really wants to pick them all up from our box, so may need to take a trip to the PO.

Overnight, our weather warmed up, its raining, and our snow is all melting. I heard on the news this morning that the only state without snow today is Florida! Even Hawaii is having some snow??

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55
    I've got 4 blocks done and they are posted on my blog, which is below my board name. The blocks made were for: janecat, oatw13, PokerDiva, and twospoiledhuskies- so if you 4 don't want to spoil your surprise, don't peak yet.

I will probably have these mailed out tomorrow, along with the f8s for both swap groups. I don't think my mail carrier really wants to pick them all up from our box, so may need to take a trip to the PO.

Overnight, our weather warmed up, its raining, and our snow is all melting. I heard on the news this morning that the only state without snow today is Florida! Even Hawaii is having some snow??
    Nice website.

Blog Entries
    buddy'smom - I got the block you made for me today!! My neighbor is a mailman and he brought our mail to us I love the block! Will post a picture as soon as I can get my daughter to nap! THANK YOU!!!

NO squishies in my mail today. So sad. I have 3 to do then I am all caught up so I hope some come tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Got a squishy yesterday from Quiltlin and one today from LovingIsabella. Should have some mature blocks headed home in a day or so.

Obsessed your completed block is heading home tomorrow. Put on your sunglasses because this baby is PINK!

Blog Entries
    I am sew happy you are inside, nice and warm. That looks like quite a mess. We got about 4" of snow last night but the roads are pretty good, had no problem getting to work today, DRAT!!! wanted feet not inches, how will I every get these blocks done if I must continue to go to work? :lol: 8-) :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise
    Well, the grown-up blocks are in the mailbox waiting to be picked up, but we haven't had mail service since Saturday. We're iced in. :?

Where the road "disappears" in the photo, it goes sharply downhill. It's the only road in/out of the subdivision. I bet we don't have mail service today, either. :cry:

(DH was out snapping photos of the road. He didn't purposely take one of the mailbox, but I noticed it while resizing the photos, and thought it would be fun to post! LOL!) :wink:

Blog Entries
    I went and took a peek, actually a good look, the blocks are wonderful. They will be very happy with your work....

Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55

Blog Entries
    Oh my, got sew excited reading almost forgot what I came here for.......I got squishies today from janecat, Obsessed, and Sweetness. BUt I also got 2 other squishies, my very own grown up sister blocks. First one I opened was from Obsessed, but she didnt send its name along. The second one I opened was from buddy'smom. It is called Americana. Downloading pics as I type.....just wait til you see them.....WOW, awesome, super, great, and on and on........

"Americana" by buddy'smom 1/12/2011
    Name:  Attachment-159016.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  68.4 KB

1st two blocks received, just the start of the 1st Soldiers in Afghanastan quilt 1/12/2011
    Name:  Attachment-159022.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  50.6 KB

"Brasstown Star". from Obsessed rec'd 1/12/2011
    Name:  Attachment-159052.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  76.6 KB

The mail did run today after all! Woo hoo! I went from being squishy-less to being The Queen Of Squishies! :mrgreen:

I haven't looked at them yet (just got up and I'm pre-caffeine - LOL!), but I snapped a quick photo with my cell phone. I'll open them shortly and confirm whose F8's have arrived. :)

I also got one of my own envelopes returned to me in a "body bag" ... just a mangled partial envelope with no F8. I think it was headed to PokerDiva. It'll go back out in the mail tomorrow (luckily I have extra fabric - whew!). :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pattis47
    Oh my, got sew excited reading almost forgot what I came here for.......I got squishies today from janecat, Obsessed, and Sweetness. BUt I also got 2 other squishies, my very own grown up sister blocks. First one I opened was from Obsessed, but she didnt send its name along. The second one I opened was from buddy'smom. It is called Americana. Downloading pics as I type.....just wait til you see them.....WOW, awesome, super, great, and on and on........
    The one from Obsessed is "Brasstown Star". I made a bunch of those for the Black/White/Bright swap a few months ago. Fun pattern! Gorgeous blocks, y'all! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    WOW you did hit the mother lode.....happy quilting

The mail did run today after all! Woo hoo! I went from being squishy-less to being The Queen Of Squishies! :mrgreen:

I haven't looked at them yet (just got up and I'm pre-caffeine - LOL!), but I snapped a quick photo with my cell phone. I'll open them shortly and confirm whose F8's have arrived. :)

I also got one of my own envelopes returned to me in a "body bag" ... just a mangled partial envelope with no F8. I think it was headed to PokerDiva. It'll go back out in the mail tomorrow (luckily I have extra fabric - whew!). :)

Love the backround fabric you have under all those squishies. YUMMY!!

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Obsessed your completed block is heading home tomorrow. Put on your sunglasses because this baby is PINK!
    Yay! Embrace the pink!

Dang it...mine's not there *pout* I have blue return address labels...I can tell :p

Thanks! It's actually a batik jelly roll quilt I made a few months ago. Finally quilted it and now it's on the bed. :mrgreen:

There's a thread with an in-progress picture here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. I need to take a photo of it now that it's complete! :)

Ah! Here's the original post: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-55507-1.htm

Received a F8 from LovingIzabella today. Pattis47, I'm so glad the block found its way home!

Blog Entries
    well moonrise - do tell.. who'd you get the squishies from?? Inquiring minds want to know!

YES!!!!! My squishie made it to someone :) FINALLY.

AND OMG...those blocks are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks! It's actually a batik jelly roll quilt I made a few months ago. Finally quilted it and now it's on the bed. :mrgreen:

There's a thread with an in-progress picture here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. I need to take a photo of it now that it's complete! :)

Ah! Here's the original post: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-55507-1.htm

Very very pretty. I love batiks. Please post a picture of the whole quilt.

I got JudyG's squishie today...love the fabric, I will try to do your grandson proud!

Blog Entries
    It is proudly hanging on the wall waiting for its sisters to arrive so the sashing and borders can be added to make the quilt for the soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    Received a F8 from LovingIzabella today. Pattis47, I'm so glad the block found its way home!

Blog Entries
    your block should be finished the end of this week and on its way back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    YES!!!!! My squishie made it to someone :) FINALLY.

AND OMG...those blocks are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast