Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday purplemem!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:22 PM

I was away for the weekend (purchased fabric for swap) and got home to 7 squishies in the mail.
Sara Vincent
Donna Hanna
Misty Callahan
Kimberly Whispell
Mrs. Johnson
Barbara Day
April Burka

I have my fabric washed dried, ironed and ran into a dilemma
in the cutting end of things. When I purchased the fabric I was told a F8th was 9" x 18" I am guessing this is not going to be a problem as only a portion of the fabric is used in the blocks being made by you folks. I am in hopes that I will be fine in the amount of fabric I purchased. I will be cutting it in the morning and hopefully getting it out in the mail tomorrow. If not Tuesday for sure.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 PM

April your block will be in the mail tomorrow. I think it's awful cute I hope you like it 1/2 as much as I do.

Misty, Colletta, Barb, Kimberly and Barb D I've got everything picked out, just need to sew.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:43 PM

I don't have a problem with 9x18 fabric -- I know there's a perfect pattern out there to fit.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:46 PM

I went to the quilt shop todayyyyyyyyyyy!!
They were having a sale...10 fat quarters for ten dollars on the tenth of the month!!!!!!! And had some fabric 40% off!!
I got the fabric I want to use for barbsbus, oastw13 and norbanquilts!! yay!!! I am SO excited. I am hoping to work on the blocks when I finish teaching tomorrow...I have to go to the post office tomorrow afternoon and would LOVE to be able to mail these finished blocks out!!!!!!!! (I LOVE this!)
I plan on using mostly fabric from my statsh, but some I just don't have anything to go with and I just could NOT pass up that deal!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM

This is such a great swap! I hope we have another one when this one is finished.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Happy Birthday, Purplemem! Hope you have a great day and a great year!

mosher92 - 9x18 is fine with me.

I finished my first block today. DS9 helped with the design and DS15 helped pick fabrics. Sure hope the lucky recipient likes it! lol
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM

Donna
I am sure I will love it :-) I just hope you like yours.
BarbS
Yes it is nice to be able to quilt with mom and now having my daughter start it will be great when all three of us can do it together :-)
Mosher-No worries we can make it work :-)
I am hoping to run one of these swaps every 3 months or so depending on how this one goes-I love this swap and am having so much fun with it!
Kys
Isn't it tough to not spend when they have such great deals? It's like a drug addiction lol
I have completed blocks going home tomorrow to:
Donna
Barbara Day
Barbara Johnson
Hope you ladies like the blocks I made for you :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Ok, minor dilemma. I was finishing up a block today and somehow (by the means of a really angry quilting god!) I ended up 12 inches square rather than 12.5... Blah!! What are peoples thoughts on this? Should I add the 3/4 in strips to square it up to 12.5 or....?????
Haven't read past this post yet, so don't know how any one else feels, but I think if this happens to anyone making blocks for me, feel free to "fix" it however you think best, even if that means you leave it "as made". I will cherish and treasure each stitch put into them, so just do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Odessa
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM

I love this swap! It's so exciting. I recieved two squishies Friday before I went out of town and I cant wait to check the post office in the morning to see if I got anymore while I was away.

Here is a pic of my fabrics....all cut, pressed, stuffed and headed to the post office in the morning.

I also vote we post as we recieve ...that way it keeps up the excitement of opening the envelopes!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66147.jpe