Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2100

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

wish they were mine!! those are awesome blocks--good job!!

Sara,

According to my record, I haven't received block from you. So I believe it is the 1st block that is mine. I sent Thimbleberries to everyone and the first block looks like thimbleberries. They a beautiful blocks!

Liz

It's taking me forever too...so don't feel behind! lol.
    And I was JUST saying to my SIL that in the time it takes me to take a block apart I could make two more! geesh! I'm right there with ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt
    Why oh why does it take 10 times as long to take blocks apart than to put blocks together wrong in the first place? :-D
    I feel like I spent 3/4 of the weekend working on blocks and only got 2 done. The third I was putting on the last row and noticed that I put the center fabric back side up! (there is no wrong side :-D ) but while I liked it like that, I didn't think the recipient would appreciate my innovation.

I just don't understand how so many of you are finished with 36 blocks. It takes me forever to decide on matching fabric, decide on a block, cut it out and sew it together even if all goes well. My goal was to have at least half done by now but it didn't happen.
    I will preserve!

All the blocks posted are lovely and will make great quilts! Keep up the good work ladies!
    :-D

Blog Entries
    Don't feel bad I'm only a third of the way there! We have lots of time left! Will be sewing like crazy this week-it's going to start raining again so I'll stay in. However, several will be with me in Puyallup for the evenings providing I didn't play too much during the day and am exhausted. Can't put out a nicely sewn block when that is happening!

I'm so proud of all my beautiful blocks. This is so much fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mistiliz
    OH I love your fabrics for 2.0! Going to be one beautiful quilt! If you don't mind, Where did you get fabrics? My grand-niece will love this!

I LOVE all the blocks that have been posted! Everyone is going to have beautiful quilts!!!!
    I have 8 more blocks to do and will be totally done by end of the week! WHEEEWWWW!!!! I've been working whole heartedly. I should be able to finish all by Saturday and mail them out Monday!
    Mistiliz-I could possibly make a trip to Fabric Depot before I hed your way. If you would like I can be your personal shopper!! PM me if you would.

And thank you to Sarasewing and kymommy2 (in case I didn't TY already) your blocks are beautiful. I will be posting pics later.

I am so excited this week! SEW EXPO starts on Thursday thru Sunday! Whats exciting about it is Wine Woman & I are going to meet! :D

Well I have 4 more blocks to finish and I am trying to finish this week so I can get them ALL mailed out.

I love all the blocks that everyone been posting! So Lovely! We are ALL going to have a BEAUTIFUL quilt with this swap!!! Very talented women here!

Happy Quilting all!
    Liz

Blog Entries
    sarasewing:
    the 'coral' flower fabric is in fact mine, so that one you have correct, the other, sorry no help.
    the block for me looks great though :mrgreen:
    don't feel bad, it's really easy to get a little mixed up with these....
    colleen (ckcowl)

Somewhere near the water in beautiful Michigan
    Okay, all you over-achievers out there, you're putting me to shame! I've only got 5 done and mailed. My difficulty comes with trying to find something in my stash to go with your fabrics ... there are a few that just don't want to tell me what they would like to live with as neighbors!

I have 4 or 5 more blocks cut out (I think), and about 15 that I have selected patterns and am on the way to choosing the "good neighbor" fabrics, but it's getting tricky.

I hope to have mine all finished and out by the 3rd week of March. Just want to take my time and make sure I've done it right.

Odessa

Regarding that "fabrics that go with" issue....I'm thinkin' that the ones that aren't screamin' for what they want for neighbors may be the most fun....Picture this: I'm having a great time sewing up this fantastic pattern for my swap partners and the song that keeps playin' in my head when I reach for more fabric to add is getting louder and louder and louder....what song, you ask? Expess YOURSELF! Hope everyone is laughin' with me on this one...I really needed the exercise, but getting up from the floor is a bit more than I actually had in mind!
    And on that other issue....I'm scared stiff that I'm going to mix these blocks up too...I've put the ones I'm working on first into big Ziplocs (one for each swap partner) that shows lots of the fabric on one side and holds all of their info including outbound envelope on the other...sealed and safe from cat induced chaos! But, I doubt that this is going to make me bulletproof...so, I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed as much as possible...teehee.

Bobbinwinder, thanks for the organization tip. I love seeing all the blocks everyone is posting! I'm SO EXCITED for 2.0!

I received two blocks from granny216 today!
    Thank you so much. Love the blocks and sorry I can't post a picture at this time.

I also opened another envelope from my to do box and it is from Isabella! I'm so thrilled and honored to make her a block.
    The fabric is a dark brown wood grain and I know just what I want to do with that. I'm sorry I didn't open it sooner as I know it is hard to wait for return mail for little ones. Tell her I am getting right on it!
    :-D

Got some amazing blocks today in the mail! thank you ladies!!!
    Jan10, Barb S., Mary T., Anita R.

They are all so wonderful!!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow I got three new blocks today too! Two from granny216 (you are really working hard!) and mgrhs they are beautiful and two new colors to add to the quilt. Wait until you see them . . .

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Anita R - got your block today, thank you. I really like the combination of fabrics that you chose. Right now it's on my wall snuggled up with some of its new friends waiting for more of the gang to show up for another group shot.

I am loving all of the blocks posted and no worries I still have about 18 or so left to do.
    I am getting a bit concerned though. I have mailed completed blocks to Anita, Colleen, Cindy and Mary but have not heard that you ladies have received them. Please let me know :-)
    I will have more ready to go home soon. I am so happy we all got to do this swap together and really can not wait for 2.0 :-)
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    I have been hospitalized with cellulitis - I've been receiving i.v. therapy today. They let me go home tonight...I have received several blocks in the mail, but I can't walk into the sewing room (or anywhere else, for that matter). I promise to update as soon as I am able.

you take care of yourself!!!! I am glad to hear that you're home though!
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    I have been hospitalized with cellulitis - I've been receiving i.v. therapy today. They let me go home tonight...I have received several blocks in the mail, but I can't walk into the sewing room (or anywhere else, for that matter). I promise to update as soon as I am able.

I'm glad you are home. Take care of yourself.

so sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. glad that you are home now though. take care!!

Purplemem,I hope you are able to look at mail.Most of all take care of yourself...neoma

Two blocks in my car snowed in.I DONT DO ICE AND STUFF,ENOUGH ALREADY!mgrhs and quilteddove look for your blocks when this weather lets me go to po.Bobbinwinder on board for final press.I have two more blocks to make and all done,ready for next swap.Am I in April?

MJ
    Please take care of yourself and if you need anything I am here to help :-)
    Neoma you are in :-)
    Hugs
    April

MJ sorry to hear that you have had a rough go.....hope you are feeling better soon.

Lisa your F8 has arrived.....and thank you for the beautiful block....Pretty sure I will not get a chance to do your block before we leave this weekend but I will be back in Mid March and it is the last one I have to do.

Received a great block from Susan, thank so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Purplemem, I am so sorry that you are sick. Please take care of yourself, I wish I was a littlr closer to you. I would do the Southern thing and take over, 'fried chicken, potato salad, sweet tea and a nana puddin' Thank you so much for the beautiful block. Blue Iris is my favorite flower. lov n prayers, ispy

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast