Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group

Blog Entries
    Sally, thanks for the reposting of your link. It will come in handy.

I have all my envelopes addressed. I put my board name and group name on the lower left corner. I just have to get the fabric ready and stuffed. Hope it goes in the mail tomorrow. I can't wait to get my squishies and start sewing.

Smile

Hi Alikat...

I pre washed my fabric and of course it shrunk some. That is why we pre wash it! Cutting my F8's they are a bit short on one direction. I didn't worry about it. I sent them anyway. 10 X 18 is just as good as 11 X 18. If it were several inches short, I'd worry about it. Its still a lot of useable fabric.

I hope you enjoy the swap. I have done 3 other boomerang swaps here and have some wonderful fun quilts from the blocks.

hugs, Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    Want to ask everyone a question.

When I washed and cut my fat quarters down, they ended up a little short on the f8. Can I send a healthy cut of a coordinating fabric to supplement and be included in the block?
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/

goldendog if you would like a side swap with me I would be happy to do that! just PM me.

I think some of mine are 10.5 x 18 .. I am hoping to find at least one squishy in the mail box today. I hope you receive mine also.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Here is one.. I received my first f8th today for another boom group! I am going to whip that up tomorrow so it goes home by Sat. Ok it was a cheat receive. I went to Jaba's and dropped mine off and picked hers up while I visit. but I have one! I win!!! first to receive!! probably doesnt count it was hand delivered.
    No winning if you cheat! I got MY first squishy in the Mail last night. I am the winner and new champ!

Thank you travelinggramma.

Hello all!
    I will be leaving for Canada early tomorrow morning for a work conference and be returning late on Thursday. I am not sure how often I will be able to check in as it is a super busy one with events all day and dinners too. It is the World Credit Union Council conference and The Global Women's Leadership Network as well.
    So I hope you all have fun, behave and try not to miss me too much LOLOL You can always send me a PM or email and I will answer as soon as I can.
    Hugs
    April

Got my first envelope from travelinggramma! Already finished the block and will mail it tomorrow. Had to rush and get it done before family arrives tonight!

catgirl, you are really fast. I received you fabric today and it is beautiful. I have to give it a little thought before I make the block. My fabric should be mailed tomorrow morning.

Hey Traveling Gramma.... I got your fabric in the mailbox today. Looks like fun fabric. This evening I will be checking out block designs for this one.

hugs, Jupiter
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

So glad to know that the postmaster actually sent everything out!! I had brought an envelope a few weeks ago and had them check the weight and thickness and they said it was ok for just a reg. stamp. Of course they did that before and I found them back in my mail box!
    Enjoy the fabric and have fun! Try something new!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Blog Entries
    Brat, I have never recieved your new address. Want to mail out Monday. Sent you a PM request for address. Will mail all others on Monday. I will mail yours after getting your address.

I have not recieved any objections to sending coordinating fabric square to send out so I will cut them today and stuff the envelopes. The envelops are labeled and ready for stamping and mailing.

I set up 2 photo albums and put the links in my signature box. 1 for blocks I made and 1 for blocks received for ALCYONE and CELAENO. If you want to peak, go to it! If you want a surprise, don't do it.

hugs, Jupiter

I am here to say if you didn't PM me for my new address, didn't mail to the Ralston, WY address I think April did not send corrections. So PM if you still need my address please!!!

I received five squishies at the Ralston Address. I am going there for dinner tonight - actually we are all going out for delicious Mexican food oh yeah! margarta bowls here we come! oh they don't deliver it in punch bowls anymore? dang.. a trough will be fine I promise to let everyone know whose fabric came in when I get home. Five I wonder what tomorrow holds for me?? two blocks that is my daily limit before I flop over. I will do two more on Monday and Tues and Wed (do you detect a pattern here?).

I hope everyone takes serous the need for a uniform 12.5 block that your returning. I know you may think your checking it but I can truly say the best way to keep up on not redoing that block is to check your cut is it accurate? are you using an accurate 1/4 inch seam? put painters tape on your machine if you need help seeing that edge. Also there are a ton of videos available for free on line on how to cut, sew and MEASURE your finished block. I know its harping but I just put boom 8 together. Only 21 of my blocks were 12.5" some were a lot bigger some 3/4" inch smaller. I received back over 35 blocks. If you need help trying to figure out how to square something up so its even on all sides ask!! if you whack a bunch off on one side then you might take the points or edges of your block off leaving an uneven block. We all try our very hardest. Its easy to just guess its the right size. Take your time. This is the no rush group.if you have time I also suggest making one practice or four practice 12.5 inch blocks to make sure you have it down before you start cutting for the swap. Any quilt store near you will also give you tips on how to do this and the advice well its free take it!!! ok off my lecture box and back into margarta bowls.

happy sewing! off to sew Marytoddliz's block. I think Aqua is the way to go in my minds eye or maybe the pretty purple. Her little grand daughter is a total kick. She is perfect for a high energy quilt that little one! oh oh MB I got your fishies today in the mail Muchas Gracias Amore!
    Linda

Received fabric from brat today. Only one from this group, but my mailbox was stuffed with other fabrics! Off to do some work!

Blog Entries
    Here are the fabrics I am sending out to my Alcyone buddies. Eight of you will get the 1st. The other eight will get one of the 2nd. The second is paired with a two each of a coordinating fabric. I hope you will enjoy working with them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I must be in the good graces of the PO. I got a total of 9 swishies; four from this group: catgirl807, lisabrat, Jupiter and travelinggramma earlier in the week. Off to stare at the fabic and hope for inspiration.

KAY

Blog Entries
    I must be in the good graces of the PO. I got a total of 9 swishies; four from this group: catgirl807, lisabrat, Jupiter and travelinggramma earlier in the week. Off to stare at the fabic and hope for inspiration.

KAY

I rec'd f8 from,Dahna42 and travelinggramma

Blog Entries
    F8's recieved from catgirl807, elisabrat, & travelinggramma.....

I received some bubbles in my package from travelinggramma. I love the fabric. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I have to work tomorrow so I will hope to work on your block Monday.

When I saw how your fabric was folded nice and flat I opened all my envelopes and started over. Now I am much happier with them now but I missed the P.O. today. They will be out Monday morning.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    travelinggramma, your fishy block is finished and will be swimming up to Prescot Valley Monday morning.

Yippeee! I received the following squishies from this group: Travelinggrandma and Catgirl807 in the mail today. Thanks! Its nice to hear as they are coming in people are thinking of sewing!
    Linda

I received F8's from ljdugas, travelinggramma, and elisabrat......ready to roll.....I try to keep up...so expect to see the finished block within the week.
    Dahna

Still missing 4 from the previous one

Dahna, so sorry to hear your missing four. Hopefully with a small group here we will all be responsible. I have to ask are these same four that are missing playing in this boom swap now? If you alert April to the players who are not fulfilling their obligations she has the right to ban them from playing until they do. Just a thought. EVERYONE this is NOT a huge commitment. Fourteen Blocks. You get fourteen blocks. I will be extremely unhappy if this happens in this swap. I will find deadbeats. On a positive note.. I believe in all of the players. POST POST POST it lets everyone in the group know your alive. Less scary for us. Overall Dahna I think this is a good group of players. Right guys??

SEWING TODAY! yeah!!! Send your fabrics so my box of envelopes can grow bigger and bigger. I love it!!!! oh a sunny 82 in Cody Wyoming today how about you guys?

Ok I just finished old cat lady's block now to work on the one from Penn. State its a college revival at the Brat's house this weekend. Then we will see if the energy will hold for just one more
    Linda

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast