Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Blog Entries
    Wow! You girls have really been busy! I have received all the F8's in the maia group except one. I have finished two blocks, I feel like I am sooo behind. Today was the last day for Physical Therapy so I'll have some extra time this coming week. At least it feels like extra time to me.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Rec'd F8 from createfourpaws today. Only missing missgigglewings.

Blog Entries
    Here are the two blocks I got from Awilson today. Im not sure which goes to which group so Ill post it on both pages. Its my lst two back and I love them, esp the Pooh Bear one!
    Attached Images Attached Images

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Blocks going home to Elisbrat and JaniceMcC tomorrow. Brat, I tried to not kill too many birds but it was hard!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

Blog Entries
    I was just checking to see when Missgigglewings posted last and it looks like July 6 and in the last post to Boom 10 she said she wanted to be in the slow group, no fast pace for her.. Is it a mistake that shes on the "Fast" list April??Not like her not to send fabric when its suppose to be! Ive been in several swaps and shes very dependable! Anyone heard from her?

[QUOTE=jaba;6185779]missgigglewings, awilson and debfaye for a side swap are the ones I am missing.

you still didn't receive fabric from me? I mailed it a while ago. Let me know if this is the case and ill send another. The PO carrier must have been a PSU fan since that is one of my fabrics

Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    I was just checking to see when Missgigglewings posted last and it looks like July 6 and in the last post to Boom 10 she said she wanted to be in the slow group, no fast pace for her.. Is it a mistake that shes on the "Fast" list April??Not like her not to send fabric when its suppose to be! Ive been in several swaps and shes very dependable! Anyone heard from her?
    Hello you all! It is no mistake...as we all know April very seldom makes them! I told her in a pm to put me in any group she needs me in...so she did. I have received all of this group and have mailed mine out this morning. July is race season and I have been in training for 5Ks...I race every Saturday and train on Monday, Weds and Fridays. I am also a part time nanny to a little boy, so I do stay busy year round. however I have never missed a deadline and will not miss any of these. Thanks so much for your concern...I am well and happy and as busy as a little bee!

Blog Entries
    I found everyone of my blocks on the list that catgirl posted from pintresthttp://pinterest.com/themilocat/12-inch-quilt-blocks/ It was pretty easy to figure them out. I list the name of the block I did on my album too. Some of the names can be different, just depending on where it originated. The block I did for you I always called it just the square star, but I think if you look on that list it might have a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I hit the jackpot today! I got finished blocks from marytoddliz (a star) and from ljdugas(arrowhead puzzle) in this group and 2 in my other group. Can we all say "Christmas!!" All pics are posted in my albums if anyone would care to peek.

Ladies, may I ask a favor? Would you please include the name of your finished blocks when you send them home? I've had some ladies PM me asking for the name of some of my received blocks and I honestly don't have a clue as to what they are named. I DO know that I love each and every one of them. This is so much fun!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=awilson;6186161]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    missgigglewings, awilson and debfaye for a side swap are the ones I am missing.

you still didn't receive fabric from me? I mailed it a while ago. Let me know if this is the case and ill send another. The PO carrier must have been a PSU fan since that is one of my fabrics
    Double checked, no envelope from you as of yet. I've checked both of my sheets, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs and then I just went through the envelopes that I have to sew yet.....nothing from you sorry.

Blog Entries
    Yup it has a different name it is called cluster of stars. But really they are all the same pattern, just different options on the fabric.

Hey Missgigglewings another runner! How cool! I am working on training for a Half Marathon. Last marathon I did just took too much outta me! But My sister is going to run the half with me. We are raising money for a home for Abused Children. I love running almost as much as I love sewing. But I keep my training to early morning runs in this heat. My favorite time is in the fall, when the mornings are cold.

Blog Entries
    Yeh!!!..Im done with the fast group except for Donnas and Im so glad she updated her status! A runner huh?? Good luck..I wish I had the stamina to run! Finished blocks going out Monday to Mollymunchkin, Tubsfam and createfourpaws. I love the fast turnaround group!! Thanks for ALL of you for swapping. Now Ill start on the Taygete group but will take my time...Nov is a L O N G ways off till another swap!

I am not a runner but my oldest dd is a runner besides marathons she has done several ultras. Her goal is to run a marathon in all 50 states. I believe she is about 2/3 done. Her passion is running. Wish I had a quarter of her energy. Terriamn

Thanks for posting the picture. This block is even more person terriamnperson terriamn

Finished blocks went out this morning for:

joanelizbay
    ljdugas

Both are posted in my album if you'd like to peek.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    I am also done! I sent out the last finished blocks in the mail this morning! Can't wait to see your fabric Missgigglewings (I love that name!) I am going to savor it LOL... Actually I have decided to do a Boom with myself, see if I can be as fast when I don't have the obligation. If only~

Step one: pick out fabric and cut it into F8's

Step two: make 2 blocks a day with fabric as if it was the first time I saw it! (not going to be easy!)

Step Three: be responsible to someone, any one to show them progress... Any Volunteers~

Step four: sew it together and quilt it bind it and be proud, job accomplished!

btw... I still have at least 3 boom quilts that have yet to be made into quilts. Something about the being responsible to some one else part that make me fall off. Please tell me I am not alone in this!

Ok I really gotta go get ready for the County fair now, unless I want to go in my jammies!

Have a great day everyone!

Blog Entries
    Received my 2nd block today. Thanks MaryTodd!! I love it and love the Once Upon A Time message in the middle block!

new block

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  180.5 KB
    This came this AM from MaryToddLiz. Your own creation? Love that it has T in the block.

Thanks Marie (tubsfam)

I hit the jackpot again today! I got blocks from:

tubsfam
    JaniceMcC
    Jaba-2 blocks (PM on the way)

They're already posted in my album. Thanks,Ladies, I'm gonna' love this quilt!

I'm still waiting for F8s from elisabrat and missgigglewings.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Received f8th from mollymunchkin yesterday...........mail hasn't run yet today. I am hoping to get started on these blocks but I have to finish a T-shirt quilt that came back from the quilter yesterday so I can get paid for this one. I have had it for almost 2 years.......so need to get it done, they have been very patient. I got the t-shirts from them right before I found out I had lung cancer...... lost a lung and had all the recovery. SO the binding has priority before I start on the blocks.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Okay, just dropped my nieces off (they were here for the week) and now I can get busy sewing! I received a beautiful block from tubsfam today! Thank you!

I've gone through my spreadsheet and envelopes and it looks like I am only missing fabric from missgigglewings and quiltermomma.

Hi ladies,I am home from vacation,went to Mertel Beach had a great week the weather was so nice. I came home with a bad sunburn but still had great time. I came home to LOTS of mail I am in all 7 groups so I am busy,i will be sewing all week.Updates to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
    Hi ladies,I am home from vacation,went to Mertel Beach had a great week the weather was so nice. I came home with a bad sunburn but still had great time. I came home to LOTS of mail I am in all 7 groups so I am busy,i will be sewing all week.Updates to follow.

wow all 7.........you will be busy. I am in two and that is keeping me busy
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I have blocks for terriamn, libster, and joanelizbay finished and (very dark and grainy) pictures in my album for anyone who likes to peek!

My DIL is competing in an Ironman 70.3 today in Racine. I'm so proud of her. I'm also thrilled that she has just begun quilting. She's always sewn and has a strong textile background but quilting is new to her. Good heavens, if I only had a quarter of her energy and enthusiasm!!! (Go E!)
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    I am not a runner but my oldest dd is a runner besides marathons she has done several ultras. Her goal is to run a marathon in all 50 states. I believe she is about 2/3 done. Her passion is running. Wish I had a quarter of her energy. Terriamn
    Boom gallery: www.boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Janice McC

I have just one block left to finish for this group. I am still missing one f8. Libster if you have not received my fabric by now its probably lost in the mail on vacation somewhere cooler than here. PM me and I will send you another asap! yikes I mailed the first day.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast