Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Blog Entries
    Thats way too long to wait between swaps! LOL.. I know Christmas is a busy time of year but we could start it in mid to late Nov and have a deadline of Feb?? I dont know why Im in such a hurry because I have ONLY 6 waiting to go to the quilters now....working on one Butterfly Blossoms, one childrens quilt for a new great grandchild and I have TONS of scraps I need to do something with! I just LOVE the swaps and seeing what others make and having them trust me enough to make a block for them! I miss you and Jaba's chatter Linda!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Why don't you sign up for the table runners and doll quilt swaps??? that's what we do. Sign ups closed for brat's winter frolic but I'd do 1 on the side with you if your're interested, let me know.

Blog Entries
    Im not really into table runners or doll quilts....sorry it sounds like fun. My daughter in law told me tonight she saw a quilt on pinetrest that she wanted to show me....meaning she would like to have one! LOL...I keep busy with different projects but I sure do miss my mailbox having something besides bills in it! Miss the squissies!!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

I'm thinking next swap, I'm going to opt for the fast one. I didn't think I could do it that fast, but it turns out I had all my grownups sent out in my slow group by your fast group deadline. Lol.
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Its an easy deadline to meet IF you dont have 4-5 groups joined, then it might be hard. I had all mine done and out in a month or 6 weeks...then having to wait for 3-4 months for the next swap is hard...I hope April has enough for 2 fast groups next time, Ill definately join both!

Blog Entries
    I would too joanelizbay, but I think this one barely got through. I've asked April for 2 yrs. to do this and was so happy that this year it finally happened. We did have a lot of "new" sign ups and now they know it can be done quite easily, so hope it will continue. Think the simple truth is, start and get them done. So many put them off until the last minute and then something happens in your life that you didn't expect....that means late mailers, no matter what the deadline is. I have always made a promise to myself since I joined the board, that if I sign up for something, I start on it now. Then I don't have to worry and fret over anything being late.

That is so true Jaba I joined all 7 groups and was done last month. It can be done.But I wont do that many again,very expensive and stress full.

Blog Entries
    Agree Linda, I was in all of them last year, postage kicks you right in the behind. This year just maia and electra. My little rural post office appreciates the business and they get credit for it but it's a little crazy on the pocket book, especially if you do the other swaps too. I just started to plan on about $40 a week, think it's like an Xmas present to myself every month but it keeps me busy and content. Actually it keeps me somewhat sane and my kids love it. They come home and go straight to the quilting center as they call it, ask what's new, and it just goes out the door. I feel it's a very big compliment that they want something Mom made.

Pictures of completed quilt from fast swap blocks

Pictures of completed quilt for my grandson from fast swap blocks.
    I did an enlarged floor board quilt pattern on it that I found on Leah Day's website. It was perfect as it did an all over guy pattern, left the quilt flexible and did not take away from the blocks. Special thanks to everyone for all the blocks that were send in and for Jaba's help with the quilt fabric.

The back I bought from some one off the board. It worked out perfectly.

I'll be flying out Tuesday and taking it along for the little guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Annaquilts; 10-19-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Anna, very pretty!! My 2 for my great grandkids are at the quilters now. I just couldn't wait any longer for the 5 Im still missing with November just 2 weeks away. Where did you get the fabric with the boats? Im going to make my twin brother a quilt with the Navy seal and was thinking it would need boats or others "navy" ideas to go with it. Jaba, I also asked about a shorter group than 4 months. What you and Linda said about getting right to it is so true. I know people are busy but to me a commitment is a commitment and like I said before I LOVE getting mail that's not bills!! I love seeing what others do with fabric and its interesting to see so many ideas with one kind of fabric! I hope we will have one or two more fast groups next time!!

Are there 5 blocks that did not come in from the fast swap? I thought everyone completed that one. I still have blocks missing from BOOM 8 but I have given up on those.

The fabric I bought from some one off of the board in the sales section. I think it might be Hobby Lobby originally.

There is very nice Navy fabric with boats for sale at Hancock of Paducah under Patriotic. There is more military fabric.

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item...c-Sale--m-7547

Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    Anna, very pretty!! My 2 for my great grandkids are at the quilters now. I just couldn't wait any longer for the 5 Im still missing with November just 2 weeks away. Where did you get the fabric with the boats? Im going to make my twin brother a quilt with the Navy seal and was thinking it would need boats or others "navy" ideas to go with it. Jaba, I also asked about a shorter group than 4 months. What you and Linda said about getting right to it is so true. I know people are busy but to me a commitment is a commitment and like I said before I LOVE getting mail that's not bills!! I love seeing what others do with fabric and its interesting to see so many ideas with one kind of fabric! I hope we will have one or two more fast groups next time!!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Thanks Anna.. NO I got all the blocks from this group but am still missing 5 from the taygete group. Thanks for the links to boats!! I have till next May to get his done but need to start planning!!

Quote Originally Posted by awilson View Post
    Thank you sunrise450Attachment 434265
    What is the name of this pattern please? I think it would be good on a I SPY quilt for my GS.
    Please PM me with the name.
    Thanks so much!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Hello fast group. Wow I thought I would see everyone's quilt all done with lovely pictures to look at. LOL> I am like you Jaba, when I make a commitment I get it done. Even though I signed up for the slow group, I still get my squares done very fast. But I felt pressured thinking about doing the fast group. LOL. This time I had three duvet covers to get finished and so I knew my time was meant to be on the slow run. I did finish 2 duvets and they are in Australia on the kids beds. YEAH!!! I still have one more to go but Malcolm hasn't even gotten his comforter yet so I know I have time to play with other things. I love the quilts that have been completed so far.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

working full time and being gone every weekend was really stressful but I was finished way before the deadline and was so glad I had joined the fast group.

Terriamn

Hello everyone,
    Yes I know I have been MIA Thank you Melinda for trying to help anyone who needed it and thanks for the updates to the groups.
    I ended up with a massive infection in my shunt which almost caused me to loose my eyesight in my right eye. I was taken by ambulance to my local ER on October 5 and then transported out to my neurosurgeon in CT. I spent a week in ICU on very high dose antibiotics. They removed my old VP shunt on a Wednesday once I had been on the antibiotics for 3 days and then put a new one in on Friday with anti-microbial tubing so hopefully this does not happen again. I just returned to work on the 24th. I have some pain still from the tubing as it is larger than the normal tubing and it takes some getting used to Thankfully though my neurosurgeon saved my eyesight by putting in an LP drain bedside and draining the infected CSF and relieving the increased pressure on my optic nerves. I am headache free now and I can see. My right eye is still a little weak but it is getting there
    Due to some rows I am unable to locate from a row robin I was in (I put them up for Hurricane Sandy and then had 5 brain surgeries so I can't get through all of the containers ) I have been informed I am no longer allowed to host swaps so sadly this will be the last Boomerang swap unless someone wants to host it until I am able to find the rows and get them home to their rightful owner (which I will do ). If anyone wants to please let me know, I hate to see this swap end because of my shortfalls.
    So happy to see the fast group worked out well for you all
    Huge Hugs
    April

God bless you April! So happy you are doing well...you have been on a lot of prayer lists lately! It works! I am sad to hear you can no longer host this swap...maybe someone can step in until you locate your missing rows! I would volunteer instantly if I knew how to do an Excel spread sheet! I am sure someone on here can...here's hoping that person will come forward for us! Boom 11 needs to happen! Something else to pray for! Welcome back!

well I hope that gets figured out I have written to April and I know others have so no worries ladies we will help her til she has her feet back under her and that row robin is found. So the boom shall continue until april can come back. We will all cross our fingers its a quick return
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd show all of you what I have decided to do with the little scraps of fabric left over from your blocks. I have them from the last 3 booms, so will be making a few of these. Haven't decided on the inner circle yet, just been putting the dresdans together. Your little pieces are being used and will be a nice memory.
    Name:  DSCF1680.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  1.22 MB

Blog Entries
    Jaba, your drestan plates are beautiful! I have started "charming addition" which uses 2 1/2" squares, 5 alike and my scraps from the blocks are going into that. This is a quilt that takes 312 different fabrics so it will take awhile to make it. I will probably be able to use leftovers from the next boomerang which I am looking forward to.
    Have you considered yellow for the inner circle?
    Your blocks are beautiful as usual.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Blog Entries
    Sunrise your little squares are going to take some time also. When I discovered all these envelopes it was fun remembering all the blocks I have made and the fabric that I really loved. I'll have to put some yellow on these and see what it looks like, thanks for the suggestion. Then I need to think about the sashing and was considering black, thinking it would make the colors pop.

Hello Jaba, I love the Dresden plates, what a wonderful idea. I see my b&w fabric in there! I've begun using some of the leftover fabric on a scrappy quilt. Each time I run across a piece from the boom, I recall the block I made. It's really a nice memory. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Thought I'd show all of you what I have decided to do with the little scraps of fabric left over from your blocks. I have them from the last 3 booms, so will be making a few of these. Haven't decided on the inner circle yet, just been putting the dresdans together. Your little pieces are being used and will be a nice memory.

I think a subtler color sashing will keep it more vintage scrappy style than if you use black. Red maybe if your needing bright or blue would pull it all together. but not black.. lol kick me I don't care love you girl and you know it. on the center well yellow is flower like.. reds with orangish hints might be good to. I first thought blue myself but its cause I don't like yellow terrifically. I am thinking for a scrappy quilt this is going to be beautiful. I see hours and hours of work. Darn your a patient woman!

if we have fast groups I will join again. I hate the slow speed. And I love making blocks. Doing all the swaps is nuts and I agree expensive in the end. I did fifty once and doing them was ok it was too expensive for my limited budget unfortunately. So two groups maybe 30 or 35 is well topping it for me too.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

"if we have fast groups I will join again. "

Oh, me too!! I loved doing the fast group. Still waiting for four blocks from the slow group.
    Those dresden plates are gorgeous.
    Has anyone heard from April lately? Sure hope she's hanging in and getting better. I miss her.
    Last edited by Libster; 11-12-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

The NEXT Boom...

As many of you know, our fearless Boomerang Friendship Swap leaderApril is stepping back from swaps for the foreseeable future. Weíve been in contact over the last several weeksculminating in a phone call and final decision yesterday. April isnít leaving the board, (you can seesheís still here finishing up Boom 10!) sheís simply stepping back for now andsheís turned the Boom reins over to me. Iím going to lead Boom 11 in her stead and I hope to do her hard workjustice. Boom 10 folks, I want to let youknow that Iím not hijacking her program, just running it in her place, with herpermission, and that of the Board. Iparticipated in Boom 10 in the Maia group and had a great experience. I knew instantly following Aprilísannouncement here that it would be a shame to let the Booms die. It wasnít going to happen, not if I couldhelp, it so I approached her and here we are. >>
    Aprilís been at this for about 4 years and has her systemdown to a science. I see no need forchanges so weíre not going to mess with it. Sign-ups will begin sometime late next week; please be on the lookoutfor the post. Weíll have Fast and Slowgroups, running 2 months and 4 months respectively. Also, although the last couple of swaps havebeen only Small groups of 16 or so, Iíll open it up to the option of Largegroups as well if there is enough interest. All skill levels are welcome. Sign-upswill run about 3 weeks or so, depending upon interest. (If you have concerns about starting a Boomat this time of year, you might want to consider doing a Slow group to allowyourself plenty of time.) It will takeme several days to make sure Iíve got everything in order and then Iíll postthe groups and off weíll go. >>
    I do plan to be very active and on top of the day to daygoings on. If you have any questions, Iílloften be able to answer them the same day but please allow me 48 hours,especially over the weekends. I want toassure everyone that Iíll do the best I can to make Boom 11 run as seamlesslyas possible and to be enjoyable for all. >>
    Itís time to start thinking about your fabric choices, as ifmany of you havenít since Boom 10 ended! Be looking for the sign-up post toward the end of next week. As usual, the details will be in there. Thanks everyone! >>
    Janice McC>>

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 LastLast