Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MEROPE Group

No blocks found there new home today
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Received from Old Cat Lady and Qltrt
    Name:  DSC_0423.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  230.3 KBName:  DSC_0424.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  221.3 KB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Anyone here going to do Boom #11? She has it up and posted with some changes.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Received B;ock

Received a beautiful block from qltnrt....it looks great with all my others!

No blocks yet from AnneMixon, queenof2802 and sisastitcher.

Thanks to all who have sent me such great blocks!

Blog Entries
    I just read the post with the BIG change on mailing. I went back and read the rules and it states we should use a carrier that provides tracking - doesn't specify that's it mandatory - and it doesn't make sense to impose a rule that makes one person totally responsible for everyone else or force people to use tracking on a first class envelope. I personally think the fun will be lost by one person controlling/handling every individual F8 and block and every swapper loses the daily excitement of the mail delivery, the idea of conversing directly with other swappers and making new friends will be pretty much ditched too.
    Doesn't make sense to take the fun out and replace it with such restrictive rules....might as well charge a fee to join.

just my humble opinion.....this was my 4th and I was loving it even if there were a couple of people in each swap that dropped out unannounced - so what.....not sure if I'm doing #11 or not....there are other swaps that do not require one provides proof of tracking on a regular envelope....

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    Anyone here going to do Boom #11? She has it up and posted with some changes.
    The only gift is a portion of thyself.....Ralph Waldo Emerson

I also read the new rules and I'm not liking them either. I agree with Scrapper on this one. This last swap is the only one that I didn't receive all my blocks from, 3 are still missing. But I also thought it was to meet new people and make new friends. This new way takes all the fun out of the swap, why do we have to change things at all? I sure hope April can do this next time! Not sure what I'm doing yet, but I;m leaning towards skipping this one! Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! And I'm thankful for the wonderful quilters I have met in the last 5 swaps and the beautiful blocks you all ahve made!!! T hank you again

I am still on the fence post re: #11. I also liked getting different squishes at different times. That way I had time to think on that one tell the next one came. I am also missing 3 but that is ok as I have enough to make me a lap quilt. I would say that if the MIA's sign up let them know they can't participate until they complete all their obligations.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I have down loaded all the blocks I have received so far. they are in my album in my profile.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Nelco - I love the colors in your blocks and can't wait to see how they come together! Thanks for the looksy
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

I don't know if any of you have ever joined the swaps where you have a theme. An example is A women's favoriite things, or boys transportation or funky chickens. Those swaps have you make the same block in about 4 - 6 blocks and then you are allowed 4 -6 sets to make. So what you do is mail them to a moderator in a flat rate envelop for $5.60 and then the moderator divides up all the blocks and send you back 24 -36 blocks all different. It was fun getting one big envelop with lots of goodies inside. The new rules for this swap seems to be doing the same idea.
    I am ok with it. ONe big squishie or lots of little squishies.......it's all the same to me. I hope you all reconsider and join as I will miss you all. We still talk on the board.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Here are three quilts I made with blocks from this group and another, and ones I had leftover from a previous swap. Didn't use all the blocks but appreciate them all. Thank you
    The first two I self-binded with fleece and they will be going to a shelter for abused women with children. The kids will love the colors! Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Wonderful job!
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

Soooooooooooooooooooo pretty thanks for sharing !!!!!!
    Warm Hugs~~~ Pamela Margaret

I am wondering if any of you ever got your blocks from annamixon - queenof 2802 -and sisastitcher
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I did not receive any blocks from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    I am wondering if any of you ever got your blocks from annamixon - queenof 2802 -and sisastitcher

Blog Entries
    Nothing showed up here

I didn't receive blocks from them either but I received fabric from them. I sent their grown up blocks to them.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12