Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 AM

Options are good. I would be glad to do any of them. So if you need to only send out some yellow to a few of us, maybe we could let you know we have batiks on hand and can make it work for you. just a thought.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Cow, personally I would choose to go shopping for NEW fabric..then use the old I had also...shopping for fabric is ALWAYS fun!! I had yellow this time and asked for only white or yellow and almost ALL the blocks came home with only yellow or white..I would say that most tend to read the notes and try to comply with requests! I made the mistake of sending out a cheap, not pretty black/white fabric one time, just to get it out of my stash and I learned that I will ONLY send out a fabric I think is pretty and I know the blocks will come home fabulous from you gals....BUT even the fabric that I was not fond of came back really pretty and Ive made it into a nice black/red/white top!
One more thing...I think April mentioned it but when you send a finished block home PLEASE please put the name of the block in with it if you can..I get a LOT of beautiful blocks that I really want to try to make myself and having the name sure helps!! .....except paper pieced...still cant get the hang of making those beautiful, unique blocks! Thats why I hope and pray for someone to send some back to me!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
ArizonaKAT- you are the walmart queen! I WISH I could find deals like that at Walmart!

Cowpie- If it were me, I would pick the solid colors. I think they will be easier for your swappers to match- everyone has solids, not everyone has batiks. Plus, I've had that same idea in my head for a while, and I think that would make an AWESOME quilt.
Oh my goodness! I'm changing my online name to "Walmart Queen"! I love it.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Oh my goodness! I'm changing my online name to "Walmart Queen"! I love it.
Be careful....brings up images of "Walmartions" seen on the internet. You know, tbe ones that make poor fashion choices! (Just saying)
Old 06-10-2013, 03:40 PM

i signed up for a small group but i am just going to make blocks for y'all. i dont need another full project to finish here. yippee!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM

Oh my poor 8th's....I washed them and had a thread extravaganza. I bought a pre-cut roll of feedsack repos and don't usually wash pre-cuts but there was a lot of red and orange so I figured I had better. Now they have fuzzy little edges....sorry in advance to whatever group I get assigned to. I can say that I have more of every fabric so If anyone runs short for their block (or has a boo-boo...it happens lol), let me know, I'll send more. They are now folded, zip locked and in envelopes......waiting.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM

Haha. My Wal Mart did away with the fabric/craft section a few years ago. Although I have NEVER seen fabric for that cheap! Did you buy the whole bolt? LOL.
Jaba - will a white with a small white print work for you? I don't think I have any 'just white' fabric. Or - maybe I'll have to go shopping for companion fabrics for all the fabrics you guys send!
I'm still trying to figure out which print I want to send. I have one I love, but not enough for this swap. I am looking to see if I can find the same (or even similar) print on-line.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM

Does anyone know how to post pictures on here directly from an iphone or ipad?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:44 PM

Awilson, I would love to get that info as well. I have a I-pod and I-pad, haven't figured out how to do either. I would love to post pics of blocks, projects I make or receive from others.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 PM

I dont know the answer Awilson but I do take pictures with my phone then email them to myself and upload them from my lap top. NO idea how to upload them unless you save them as a file on your I-pad and then go to this web site and post them? It works on my tablet but dont have an I pad or pod...