Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Blog Entries
    You think so well alikat110.

(Maybe those interested in a fast swap could also sign up for a regular swap group. 1St 2 months focus on fast swaps blocks, 2nd two months focus on regular swaps blocks. This, in essence, would give them 2 fast groups, one right after the other! )
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Sent an email. One small group at the 'snail's pace' for me!
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    You think so well alikat110.

(Maybe those interested in a fast swap could also sign up for a regular swap group. 1St 2 months focus on fast swaps blocks, 2nd two months focus on regular swaps blocks. This, in essence, would give them 2 fast groups, one right after the other! )
    I guess I do have a few moments of brilliance! (Hehehe....just kidding.) Just seems logical. It will keep the fast turnaround pace for those who want it, and they won't have to wait months for the next swap.

Blog Entries
    I did sign up for one fast paced small and one snail paced small. This will keep me busy all summer. No slack for the ocd person.

Blog Entries
    Me too Quilter Momma...hope she gets 16 of us brave souls to sign up for the "fast" group!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

I am in, first time joining. I am interested in the fast group and a regular small group. Email sent
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Me too Joan, think brat is going to do it too, not sure. Good to see you back in the Booms QMomma, I missed you. Createfourpaws, welcome to the groups of boomers!
    Excellent idea alikat, are you going to join us?

I like the slow group because my summer is full and that way when I want to get away from it all I can sew blocks
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

How many is in each group and how long are they lasting?
    Country 1

Hi April, I would like to be considered for the small group again. I participated in the small Boom 8 and it was fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Me too Joan, think brat is going to do it too, not sure. Good to see you back in the Booms QMomma, I missed you. Createfourpaws, welcome to the groups of boomers!
    Excellent idea alikat, are you going to join us?
    Don't know. Joining, but intimidated by the fast pace!

Blog Entries
    Actually alikat110, it is equivalent to 3 blocks a week since it is 8 weeks, you will have spare time. My bad in the Boom 7 & 8 swaps was that I worked on them, but then piled them up and then did them all in a week. Yes, they can be done in a week. But if when the fabric comes in, you work on those that came in only and get them out, it works out pretty good. When they came in I would pull fabric for the block that I thought would work without knowing the type of block and then when I sat down, I had all the tools infront of me so I could enjoy puruising my patterns. It works for me. Also, if you decide on just one block, the rest is even easier to do the fabric pulling from your stash. Just a few thoughts. I also found that I needed to follow the sheet April sends you. So wonderful it is. Then you can remember who you mailed and where you are at with each block. It works out pretty good. I am not an organizer so if I can do it, anyone can.

Looking foward to another round of fun!!! This will be my 5th one. I'm in!!!

Boom 9 was my first swap ever. I learned so much from everyone and had so much fun! I did a small group because it was my first time, but because I have the summer off and no plans I am going to try a big group and a small group. I already have my quilts planned Cant wait!

I'm in! Sent you a PM with my info. I just finished my swap project for Elisabrat's summer fun and think I'm up for a small group swap.

I have enjoyed the Boom9 so much I would love to go again. I would even brave a large group (slow pace). Thanks April for hosting again.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Blog Entries
    I started working right after 9 started and had a hard time getting myself organized and ended up being 4 days late on mailing the last 4 so In think I will sit this one out and try to get myself together better for the next one lol
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

So happy to see so many returning friends and new ones too Welcome welcome!!
    To those who can't play this time, I sure hope you will join us again next time.
    Small groups are 16 people and large are 36
    Hugs
    April

I want one fast small and one slow small. I just sent an email confirming the same. I think this is a fabulous idea. Now all I have to do is decide on fabric.....

Blog Entries
    had fun last swap so i'm in again. one largeswap at snail pace for me. sending email

3 to go

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    I'm still deciding. I'm a little disappointed that I'm still missing three blocks from Boom 9, but I know it's just barely past the deadline.. If I get my blocks in time, I'll definitely join. I understand that things come up, but a little heads up goes a long way with this impatient quilter!
    I am missing 3 blocks as well but I am sure one is on the way. The other two, I have not seen either one even post a block they have received, might not have camera ability, but not even a note. We had only one in Boom 8 that did not send any blocks, but she received them all. Hope she made a beautiful quilt. Would love to see it posted. Well, I am still thinking on 10. Happy sewing my sister. Ctmhjenn
    Gramma to Isabella and NEW baby brother Enzo!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    I'm still deciding. I'm a little disappointed that I'm still missing three blocks from Boom 9, but I know it's just barely past the deadline.. If I get my blocks in time, I'll definitely join. I understand that things come up, but a little heads up goes a long way with this impatient quilter!
    I'm still waiting on 2 blocks from our group too, frenchfryqueen. We'll see - - -

Jane
    Jane

Blog Entries
    Frenchfryqueen and Jane...you were not in my group but I hope you decide to join again! There are the majority of people who get the blocks back in time...others life happens ...but take heart in the fact that MOST of the ladies are very good at getting the blocks back...Im still missing 3 but they have been kind enough to post that they are sending them soon...In 8 swaps Ive only had 2 people not even acklowdege they were sending and never posted a picture or sent my F8 back....needless to say they havent been in any other swaps! HOPE you both join and maybe we can be in a group together!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Thanks for the kind words, Joan. And believe me, I am very understanding about life getting in the way! I know deep down, we'd all rather be sewing! I think the girls will come through, and since I posted that, one has put hers in the mail. I've been keeping an eye out for any swap fabric that catches my eye. So far, none has.
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

I will be sitting this one out, busy summer.... see in in boom 11.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast