Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
O.K. I have one big question before I solidify my choices for the other 15 fabrics (the first bunch are batiks). I'm wondering if anyone on the swap would mind receiving a bit of
maybe more challenging fabric? By this I mean some might be stripes or directional? I'm thinking scrappy and I've pulled several fabrics but I don't want to send one out to someone who might be overwhelmed or frustrated by a fabric.
Let me know if you specifically wouldn't like that and I'll mark your name at the same time if someone enjoys working with stripes or geometrics again let me know and then I'll keep you in mind for one of these pieces.
Muriel
Muriel,

I'll work with whichever!!! Mind you, stripes might get a simpler block from me -- but it's fun to try new/challenging things!

:lol:
Old 04-03-2010, 05:13 AM

O.k. I guess I have a 2nd question, if we send out a fabric we'd like used as the background along with another piece do we still need to send an 1/8th of each or can we send like a large square of each to have them add theirs to? Just wondering. Thanks,
Muriel
Hi Muriel
In this case I would just send an F8 of the fabric you want used as a background. That is enough and people can add to it.
Hugs
April
And yes chat was not working for me grrrrrr
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
I tried looking for my fabric today and not having any luck. OMG...I have to find something like really soon, I'm leaving Monday for a week on my Quilt Retreat.
Do not fret! If you do not find it before you go I am sure you will find it when you return. There is plenty of time :-)
Hugs
April
Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Does anyone know where I can find Lighthouse or Butterflies material. I would prefer Lighthouse's but can't even find that online. What kind of material are you using? Printed, solid, etc? I went to 3 fabric stores today and still didn't find anything.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:36 AM

Does anyone know where I can find Lighthouse or Butterflies material. I would prefer Lighthouse's but can't even find that online. What kind of material are you using? Printed, solid, etc? I went to 3 fabric stores today and still didn't find anything.
you can try www.bugfabric.com ... they have all kinds of novelty fabrics, not just bugs, but a lot of those are very cute too
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 AM

what kind of butterflies are you looking for? I may have some in my stash, and I can check for lighthouses but not sure, are you going to do a couple different fabrics?
Old 04-03-2010, 10:27 AM

O.K. I have one big question before I solidify my choices for the other 15 fabrics (the first bunch are batiks). I'm wondering if anyone on the swap would mind receiving a bit of
maybe more challenging fabric? By this I mean some might be stripes or directional? I'm thinking scrappy and I've pulled several fabrics but I don't want to send one out to someone who might be overwhelmed or frustrated by a fabric.
Let me know if you specifically wouldn't like that and I'll mark your name at the same time if someone enjoys working with stripes or geometrics again let me know and then I'll keep you in mind for one of these pieces.
Muriel
I'm open for anything! I always like a good challenge.

:-D
Old 04-03-2010, 10:49 AM

O.k. well I have all my fabrics pulled, washed and most of them are already cut...yeah going to trim some strings and stuff them well watching t.v. with hubby.
I am going with batiks for one selection and brights/novelties for the other, talk about diversity...hehe
I have made a note of who does or doesn't like stripes.
I'm getting excited about this now.
Muriel
Old 04-03-2010, 02:48 PM

AkAngel: I will work with whatever comes my way. No worries.

Mishnjim: My local JoAnns had some lovely butterfly fabrics the last time I was in there, some even had "glitter"! Also, check online for quilt shops near the Great Lakes or the East & West Coasts; they should have some.

I also took the liberty of going to fabric.com and typing "lighthouse" in the search bar. Here is a link to what came up for me: http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2...3-26a376046a5e

[Edited to add: if you have never shopped with them before, go down to the bottom of the page and look for "first time visitors". Then make sure you enter the code "FIRST" on the check-out page for a discount off your first order. Makes a lot of difference. Also, if your order is over $35, then you get free shipping! Happy shopping!]

I have to tell you, though, one crazy way to go is to find a fabric you just love, but the thought goes through your mind: "I just love that, but don't know what I would do with it." That's what I did this time around, and it's turned out just wonderful. My fabric was a wild paisley with blues, oranges, pinks and purples in it ... almost everyone got that fabric and what has returned has been really nifty. Now, to just get the rest and take some big group photos.....

HTH,

Odessa
Old 04-03-2010, 03:11 PM

Odessaquilts---Thank you for your input. I did see that fabric on Fabric.com after I posted earlier. I always think to much when looking for fabric. I saw some that I liked but then was looking at the colors, and saying "Can you easily match those colors"? My head gets in the way of a lot of fabric choices..LOL