Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue - Sign-up Closes 28 Feb 2010 >

Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue - Sign-up Closes 28 Feb 2010

Calendar Sun Bonnet Sue - Sign-up Closes 28 Feb 2010

Old 07-23-2010, 04:35 PM

Misty Marie that Sue is so adorable!!! She is perfect for June! You are very talented!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM

OH, I messed up some of blocks, so will redo them Sunday and with luck will have them out of here on Monday! Plenty of time to get to Debs' to join in the party!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
It is very frustrating when blocks don't come in on time, but I do understand that life sometimes gets in the way of....well...life. However, I also know that for most swaps, the time for sign up and send in is usually very generous. However, to just completely back out with no communication with the host is uncalled for. It may be a matter of the host being firm and saying that if your blocks are not here at the deadline, you will not be included in the swap. Sounds harsh, but it isn't fair to others who DO send in on time and must wait and wait and wait.......been there, done that. I love the swaps and have made so many great friends on this board. Admin does a fantastic job in keeping this a safe site for us.

Deb you are so right...I was reading through the last couple of pages...there is really no reason for the anger, frustration..whatever, it will make you sick if you keep it up. Deb has got all the drop outs covered and that is what really matters! We will all get our blocks and I am going to really enjoy putting together these pretty quilts to give away to some special little girls! I am going to be pushing the limit on this one...I made a major error and have to start again, but they will get there AS CLOSE TO ON TIME AS POSSIBLE!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Okay, so I finished my first block. Only eleven more to go. What do you think? (Not as pretty as my first set, but this really reminds me of June. Here in Colorado, the first weekend in June is free fishing - no license required.)
\
Oh wow, do I hope I get one of your June blocks. That is just beautiful. I'm afraid that my blocks aren't that darling. It was my first time doing applique; hope they are good enough. I've seen a lot of really cute blocks shown on this site.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:32 AM

Four down... eight to go. I worked on them until almost one in the morning. All the rest just need stitching around the edges. I will be done by Monday, so they will be in the mail!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:57 AM

The little girls are going to love playing with their new friends....no matter where they come from. We have all been very creative and EVERY BLOCK is a great contribution to the swap. No one should ever feel disappointed in their work. We all learn new things and continue to improve each time we plan, cut and sew. I am especially grateful for all of us here. This swap is being used for a special intention, and it would not have happened without all of us. Oh my, those little girls are giggleing in the basement again......I had better go check to see with they are up to.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM

I have just come back home from being out of town with a client. I have a few packages that have come in, but since it is 12:34am, it will have to wait till Sunday.....will let you know who is here.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:10 PM

Ladies,
The orphan May Sunbonnets are orphaned no longer! They are done and almost ready to go! I just have to tear off the remaining stabilizer, label them and they (God willing) will be out in the mail tomorrow!
My next Sunbonnet Sue quilt will be one like Gollytwo posted!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:39 AM

Kaye-Kaye and Kathy N your blocks came on Saturday while I was out playing with some friends. We are just waiting for 10 more to come in........
Old 07-27-2010, 08:27 AM

MistyMarie, you're girls are so cute! :thumbup: