Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas ornament swap 2013

still working on my ornaments. Should B in the mail my end of next week.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Well forgot to mention while I was walking through the store today I ran across an item and thought those would work for an ornament if I do this and then this. Now what is that item? Wait for it...............Thumbtacks. We shall see how it turns out.

Name:  P1010922 (640x480).jpg
Views: 134
Size:  217.6 KB
    from owlvamp
    Name:  P1010923 (640x480).jpg
Views: 132
Size:  236.7 KB
    from dotcomdtcm
    Thank you both again!
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    LAWQSON - I HAD POSTED PIX BEFORE, THEY ARE THE WOODEN ORNAMENTS
    Cindy, glad you like them. I have a funny story about year-round trees. When we first got an artificial tree back in the late 60s, I told my husband I wanted to just keep it up year round. My sewing room was right next to the living room, and all he'd have to do was put a door from the living room to my sewing room and I could just opoen the door, slide it in, and cover with a sheet. He looked at me, pondered a bit, and I actually thought he would go for it. His reply: "Not in this lifetime." Oh well, it was a good idea....
    Thanks for saying what I was going to say! I had posted the ones I sent also, so the people getting them wouldn't have to worry about posting pics.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    love those skates! nice work ladies.
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    cute ornaments coming in, can't wait to see what I get

mdall. let your kids send to me also, the more the merrier
    Last edited by lynnie; 10-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    cheerio, my kitty 3 1/2 yrs old. loves the tree. since she is the princess oh high in our house, I won't decorate the bottom 1/4 to 1/3. she likes to lay among the branches. kittens at Christmas are a joy. oh the memories they make for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    Well still pondering more ornament designs. I do believe I am getting them narrowed down. I can say that I am off in the morning to get some glitter so I hope my partners like sparkles. These just may make in the box if they come out like the picture I have in my head.

Also, my kids have been watching me as I make these ornaments and they want to make some also. I was wondering if my partners are reading would you mind getting an ornament made by a child. I of course would include the ones that I made but they so badly want to join in and keep asking if they can make something for my partners.
    I love all kinds of ornaments especially those made by children, make sure they sign their initials and year on them.
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    As far as putting a tree away all decorated well guess what???? Last year I put mine still all decorated in a closet and covered it with a sheet and it's ready to bring it out December 1st... LOL I will put up my Nativity set and I do have a miniature tree with Miniature ornaments from Hallmark keep it in a box and has been there for 20 years and comes out each year at Chrismtas, not the worse for wear....
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Cherrio, and others with 'attentive' kitties, this has always worked for me, even w/dogs. Get some jingle bells, use ribbon to make a hanger and hang them on the bottom branches, use several - kinda consider them an ornament. When they go under the tree, they'll hit the bells and somehow they learn to leave it alone. Now I have an old kitty that insists on getting UNDER my tree skirt! It's just a suggestion, it works for my brood...lol

Blog Entries
    So many responses to children making ornaments for my partner. Well I got out those tacks I found today and they helped me get them all blinged out. Now to wait for the clue to dry and tomorrow while DH is out hunting we will see what we can make with them.

Blog Entries
    ok, my kitty is not the usual kitty, besides her real pink pearls around her neck she has a collar with her tag, a confetti glitter scrunchie (her Halloween costume) a stretchy bracelet that the vet gave her for being a good girl. also she has a piece of dicronic glass from our cruise to the Bahamas and three bells. she loves bells, if I shake one, she comes running and wants it for herself. thanks for the tidbit of advice, but that's not going to work here. i'm open for more suggestions. all her necklaces are stretchy, she could take them off if she wants, but she loves her pretties. ask to see her pretties and she lifts up her head. what a pip

Blog Entries
    Lynnie, sounds like that little kitty is a diva. I would love to have a furbaby that loves her bling and being a lady.

Blog Entries
    she sure is a diva. and she knows it. she has a throne, (the high kitchen chair) with quilts and pillows and her 3/4" hexie quilt, that looks out the window to the bird feeders and onto the woods where the chipmunks and squirrels and bunnies play. over the top are her two tiaras. when they fall down, she drags them to you in the living room to put back up. we have a long dining table and she eats off the far end of the table. (me and dh fabric then zoey)s she's not near us when we eat, about 6 feet away. and she loves shiny things and bells, I had bells out for the holiday last year, and she took them all and would play hockey with them. she's such a priss too! you can tell she's a girl, she just looks that way. oh, she's talking to daddy again. thank god, my dh was getting a complex. she's just so feminine.
    And a cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
    Tilted ears--did you get the ornaments from me?
    I also sent ornaments to Tilted Ears. According to post office they were delivered a week ago Friday. I have not heard from her. Hope things are ok. Very cute ornaments coming in.Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Working on ornaments again today. Hoping to have my partners done and ready to pack tomorrow. Will be mailing Tuesday if they get done.

Blog Entries
    mary, you sure are a busy elf yourself. cn't wait to see what you come up with

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    I also sent ornaments to Tilted Ears. According to post office they were delivered a week ago Friday. I have not heard from her. Hope things are ok. Very cute ornaments coming in.Mary
    Good to know!

Blog Entries
    Oh boy, what a day. Once again most of the family is in and out so I got lots of unexpected sewing and crafting time in today. Then what does DH come walking through the door with? A box just for me. Happy dance. It was an absolutely adorable apple, ornament hangers, and a card from Mary Quilting. Thank you so much for the goodies Mary. I cant wait to get that tree up. Was looking at another small tree yesterday for my sewing table, although I do believe the apple may be to large for that but still wanting that tiny tree. The apple will be front and center on the large tree. Thanks again Mary.

Name:  DSC03191.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  146.8 KB Name:  DSC03194.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  86.9 KB

the card which I forgot the pic of is green with a plate with chocolates on it making a smiley face and it says The best things in life are chocolate.
    Last edited by mdall; 10-26-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    beautiful ornament. maybe a tut on that one is in order, (if we're lucky). it's so pretty. and love those ornament hangers.
    are those handmade also?? love how they came out. such a nice package you recieved. those ornament hangers are an ornament by themselves.

Blog Entries
    My day just keeps getting better. My 15 finally conquered his fear of guns and not only that with the help of his dad he got his first deer. I am just over exstatic about it. I was wondering when this would happen. Trust me a huge accomplishment for him. Now on top of that, everyone left the house for a few minutes to go and hang with all the other great white hunters while they get John's cleaned up. So onto more ornament making for me. Pics coming later.

Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    I live next door to all my in-laws
    Someone needs to send you a large box of chocolates and some hot toddy!

Just joking, I had the greatest mother-in-law in the world, but not everyone is that lucky. My sister had the MIL from hell.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Someone needs to send you a large box of chocolates and some hot toddy!

Just joking, I had the greatest mother-in-law in the world, but not everyone is that lucky. My sister had the MIL from hell.
    Yes, chocolate and totties in order. Not only do I live next to the mom and dad in-laws, half of the road I live on is nothing but family. You have no idea. Help!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Well getting all these ornaments done today is most likely not going to happen. Just found another idea that will use some old vintage thread spools I just found while digging through a box of paints. Oh why do I do this. Yes, thats right, I'm insane and fickle. LOL

Blog Entries
    where do you live. my mil is great, we hang out, shop and she plays well with my friends (mah jongg). my ex mil was the mil from hell, she'd call at 2 am drunk as a skunk.
    congratulate your son on his first deer. what do you do with the skins? I love a small purse out of that.
    it was a big accomplishment for him, now he knows he can survive if need be.

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast