Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 AM

Thank you all for the prayers, I can feel them, and they help! Doesn't matter how old our "kid" is (my only, he's 29) it's still nerve wracking when they go through ANY trials. So I thank you all, my kind quilty friends....

Mdall, sure hope you get your heater fixed soon, like now! (One can wish, eh??!!)
And stay safe out in the wintry mix. I used to love Winter..snow... Now, meh..not so much..

Kif
Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 AM

Hi Guys,

At what time should I open my ornaments here in the UK please...... could a time reckoning elf let me know???

Hugs

Caroline
Old 12-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

Poor Michelle, hope your furnace is fixed soon. Bad enough those things cost so much and to have to worry about the pipes too....Living in Missouri I sure understand and feel for you.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:34 PM

Hi Caroline...opening time is 6PM US East Coast time...which would be 11PM your time.....So hoping you don't have to go to work early and can stay up with us (that's usually way past MY bed time ) Oh wait...that's Saturday night....so I REALLY hope you don't have to go to work early on Sunday!
Hope all's well with your DD and DGS !!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:39 PM

packages are screaming so am trying to keep busy elsewhere so I dont have to hear that agonizing and pathetic plea to open them. found a quilt book at thrift store that had a pattern for a tote bag in 3 sizes that folds up into its own case like a quillow. had to make one so i could figure out the directions. i plan on keeping that one for myself and making three more for my Bingo buddies for Xmas.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 PM

Michelle, praying for a quick fix to the furnace. If your worried about the pipes just let the water run very slowly that way there is movement. I had to do that when we lived in a mobile home in SC our pipes were not insulated and it was getting down into the teens. Unless it will be a hard time on your water pump if you have a well?

Also prayers to all those that need it at this time of year. And hugs via the internet.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Hi Caroline...opening time is 6PM US East Coast time...which would be 11PM your time.....So hoping you don't have to go to work early and can stay up with us (that's usually way past MY bed time ) Oh wait...that's Saturday night....so I REALLY hope you don't have to go to work early on Sunday!
Hope all's well with your DD and DGS !!!!
Hi Penni,

thanks for reckoning the time for me..... I will try to stay awake..... Don't work at a job but I am always busy - LOL LOL.

Thank you for caring about DD and DGS..... CJ is having up and down days which is to be expected, but luckily Wednesday was an up day....... So he had a nice 3rd Birthday.... Was a bit spoilt but hey, he deserved it.

hugs

Caroline
Old 12-04-2014, 06:06 PM

Hello there, well the repairman said he had the furnace fixed. It worked just fine from around 3 this afternoon up till we all left to go to practices. Thought all was good, get home and nope still messed up. Kids are off to Grandmas again to sleep and DH and I will be up here so the electric heater can be run. Water is being left run but have concern over the pressure tanks and such in the bedroom. Why do they install that stuff in closets? Anyway trying to keep some heat in here to protect all that stuff. Works for me as DH and I get some quiet time together and with it getting chilly in here well we can just cuddle. Dont get to do much of that anymore with the crazy schedules. Unfortunately it means I will once again be here stuck tomorrow waiting on the repairman again. Called this evening and he is trying to get more parts shipped in by morning. Hoping that this time it will be fixed for good and the wallet draining will stop. Then maybe just maybe I can make it to the P.O. Still have another swap package that needs to go out. Maybe I could talk the repairman into dropping it off for me. LOL
Old 12-05-2014, 06:31 AM

Good morning all. Today really blows. Got up, got the kids on the bus, and DH work calls. He has the day off and here we are stuck waiting on repairman for the furnace. Should have known this was going to happen. He worked overtime this week and should have figured they would call to give him day off. Could have made plans for my mom or someone to come and sit here so we could have gone out and done some of the Christmas shopping. Oh well, just have to spend the day cuddled on the couch or catching up on all the sleep that has been lost the past few days.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Gosh, so sorry for all your heater problems, too bad you don't have a fireplace, that would help. There's no good time for heater problems, but why did it have to happen when it's soooo cold, and such a busy time? Hoping he gets it fixed asap. Stay warm.