Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2832

Thread: Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Power Poster
    I think one could get a similar effect if one purchased a border type print for the outside.

I don't know the name of the sashing they used - but it looks like it would be fairly easy to do with strip piecing.

Three strips alternating with 9-patch posts.

Will just have to wait and see what comes back - and play with them for a while to see if they have an idea of what they want done with them.

And there is no law against making a few more to "fill in" - - - -

In a way I now wish I had made another set to get more back - but I was SO relieved to finally get mine done (late) and sent to KLue.

Banned
    i figured out what they call that type of applique when you cut motifs out of fabric.

its called Broderie Perse

So the motifs are not actually stitched on? I wondered what broderie perse was.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    So the motifs are not actually stitched on? I wondered what broderie perse was.
    thats right, they would just cut out flowers and stuff from chintz fabric and applique those motifs to a background.

you can do the applique part however you like - needleturn, fusible, etc.

Blog Entries
    I just found this while looking for something else. It is called Dear Jane at Sea. I thought it was an interesting version of a Dear Jane.

http://www.quiltville.com/dearjaneatsea.shtml

Banned
    wow, that one is really beautiful too

Blog Entries
    Klue It's a lot more intricate for sashings but I love the look! I might use it for a wall hanging but I wouldn't have the patience to do a whole quilt with it!

Power Poster
    WOW!

I definitely think these quilts should be referred to as "Inspired by Quilt Made by Jane A. Stickle" instead of the "Dear Jane" quilts -

even though it's a lot longer - I think it's much more accurate and gives honor and respect to the original maker of the quilt.

Blog Entries
    I was looking to see if I could find a name for the sashing in the quilt Klue showed and I saw this site listed so had to check it out. It is so beautiful but looks very very time consuming! I like the colors she chose tho they aren't ones I would have chosen.

Banned
    i think that sashing design come from the DJ software

Thanx for the idea Klue!! i guess I didn't think of making it easy in that way. It will definitely be an option :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    I just found this while looking for something else. It is called Dear Jane at Sea. I thought it was an interesting version of a Dear Jane.

http://www.quiltville.com/dearjaneatsea.shtml
    That is interesting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    Thanx for the idea Klue!! i guess I didn't think of making it easy in that way. It will definitely be an option :mrgreen:
    here's a well spaced fabric that you could cut out the motifs and applique them to a swirling vine or ribbon.

http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...3&ParentCat=16

Blog Entries
    It will really be interesting to see what everyone does with their blocks. Can't wait to find out what ones I get!

Blog Entries
    Was the mailman nice today :?:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Was the mailman nice today :?:
    nope. i'm going to start swapping some blocks on friday regardless of there arrival.

the people who are in for 1 set can at least be done.

I'm sorry everyone! It is my blocks that are holding everything up! I mailed them out by the deadline but they seem to have taken the scenic route just like Gywn's center in the IRR! I told Klue to go ahead and swap and just send mine back if they are there too late! The mail system is just a pain in the ....! I don't want to hold you guys up any more so hopefully they show up this week! I am keeping my fingers crossed! YOu all did such lovely work and I would be so proud to own some of the blocks! Oh well what is meant to happen will happen!
    Sorry again ladies!
    :oops: :cry:

Power Poster
    Hey - if they are in the mail - I really don't mind waiting a little longer.

What is the average time for things to get from the USA to Canada? and from Canada to the USA?

Or does it depend on from where to where as it does from point A to point B in the continental USA?

Banned
    it takes under 2 weeks for me to receive mail from eastern canada (a bunch of DHs family lives in eastern canada).

i'm starting to really worry that they might be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    it takes under 2 weeks for me to receive mail from eastern canada (a bunch of DHs family lives in eastern canada).

i'm starting to really worry that they might be lost.
    Oh that would just completely bum me out! :cry:
    I hope they are just enjoying the weather somewhere!!

Blog Entries
    I bet they aren't lost....they are just taking their own sweet time enjoying the journey.....aren't we learning anything from Jane??? Enjoy the journey????

Klue, I love the quilt you showed. I love that border and you are right, holly would look great! I'll have to wait to see what I get back in the mail.

Blog Entries
    Hey haven't you heard.. the postal service has to increase the prices to cover storage fees :wink: LOL I say give the package a little bit more time .. I know we all are excited, but I would hate for someone to not get to share the fun because a package took the scenic route :shock:
    I still think the postal person is oggling them :roll:

Power Poster
    I've had mail take a week - really - to go less than 50 miles - and all in the 55--- zip codes. That doesn't happen often, but it has.

And I've had stuff get to Florida from Minnesota in two days. (Usually takes longer, but it has happened.

Go figure.

I agree, I would hate for someone to miss the fun after all the work that went into making these blocks. What's a few more days.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely wait for the last sets to come. We can wait no problem!! I agree we don't want anyone to miss out after going to so much work!!

Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 51 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast