Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

I'm back this month.
    luvstoquilt...I'll take the table runner
    jaba...lovely decorations
    Lori...I hope that both you and Marty are feeling well.
    knitette...I would love things from Scotland
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

Blog Entries
    Not a clue that seems to fit me...my package went out (YEP! I PM'd Lori)and is winging its way Northwest of here.

Lori, did they let you out yet? I really do hope you got to go home...seems a lot healthier...way to many bugs in the hospitals.

Greenini so glad you are feeling better.

My house is spotless...having the neighborhood ladies in for coffee in the morning. I am totally exhausted from all the work but it really looks like Christmas around here!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    luvstoquilt, if your house is spotless would you please come and help me with mine. Decorating inside now and there is this and that everywhere. It's driving me nuts!! Package on it's way, not to much info on this town but lots on surrounding towns. Stadium nearby....

Quote Originally Posted by mizkyp View Post
    knitette...I would love things from Scotland
    How about some snow?
    Name:  DSCN1718.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  1.32 MB
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    Jaba, my house was upside down with decorating. Every year I wonder why I do so much....every room is decorated. Last week I wanted to throw it all away..to much STUFF...now that it is all in place I am loving it but dreading having to put it all away in a couple of weeks. House would still be crazy but I agreed to that silly coffee! Shows there is a reason for everything, huh? I would love to come help you get yours finished..Ariz. seems like a dreamy place to live! I loved the time we spent in Roswell, NM for sure.

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    Jaba, my house was upside down with decorating. Every year I wonder why I do so much....every room is decorated. Last week I wanted to throw it all away..to much STUFF...now that it is all in place I am loving it but dreading having to put it all away in a couple of weeks. House would still be crazy but I agreed to that silly coffee! Shows there is a reason for everything, huh? I would love to come help you get yours finished..Ariz. seems like a dreamy place to live! I loved the time we spent in Roswell, NM for sure.
    But, it you're going to Jaba's, she lives in Wyoming. A faaaar piece from Arizona - unless you're just dreaming of warmer places, then, anywhere....
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    I am in with those going nuts over all the stuff everywhere. Have vowed not to put up tree and decorations until all house is neat and organized. At the rate Im going that will be lets see Xmas of 2020. I sure hope Santa sends some elves to help. I have to find a spot for all of my sewing stuff since it is sitting the spot that the tree usually goes in. Thinking tree outside this year so sewing stations can stay where they are, kids not liking that idea. Oh what is a girl to do. I know buy a bigger house for herself for Xmas with a sewing room then no problem, Right. LOL
    Yep that sounds like a winner now to see what DH says.

Knitette, Love the snow - looking at it, anyway. We moved away from it (Colorado) to the 'sunny' South - even though it gets cold here, not much in the way of snow. Who's your pup? Looks like he/she likes the snow.
    Kathleen

Knitette, I'm with Vanogay, Love, Love the snow! Wish we would have some here! That's not too likely with it being over 70 degrees!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    You can all come to Wyoming today if you really want that snow. Started last night, not snowing now but suppose to have more. I have my little piece of Scotland right here . It's a big 21 degrees right now.
    My partner likes to read and she does cross-stitch when she's not sewing....could it be you?

I LOVE snow when it's somebody else's.

Blog Entries
    Teresa I TOTALLY agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might live in Colorado, but I totally hate the cold and snow.
    We have been having higher than normal temperatures this
    year, but that is going to be changing this weekend.

I hear the HIGH on Sunday is supposed to be somewhere around
    18 degrees. YUCK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    I LOVE snow when it's somebody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Knitette, Love the snow - looking at it, anyway. We moved away from it (Colorado) to the 'sunny' South - even though it gets cold here, not much in the way of snow. Who's your pup? Looks like he/she likes the snow.
    That's Fergus, who actually quite likes tunnelling in the snow - not that he has much choice, mind you. He looks a bit bemused as his tail, which normally lies over his back (keeping other parts warm, I suspect) makes him look quite long
    PS - The snow in Scotland isn't actually blue. It's just the light.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

OMG Louise! Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

SP, your pkg is out for delivery today. I hope you like what I chose for you, enjoy!

I love the snow as long as I do not have to drive in it. Grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico and have lots of memories of sledding down hills and snow ball fights.

Not putting up a tree this year as I will be going to my daughters this year for Christmas. But did get my Santa lights put outside.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Long queues at the Post Office, but that's my parcels off.
    My first pal has been posting on here recently. She doesn't get snow........ She's quite definite with her likes & dislikes, so I hope she likes all things Scottish!
    My second one doesn't post a lot on this thread (or get snow either). She has an unusual fur baby.

Blog Entries
    I decided to make something else for my Secret Pal and it won't be done until next week, so I won't be mailing her package early.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    My first pal has been posting on here recently. She doesn't get snow........ She's quite definite with her likes & dislikes, so I hope she likes all things Scottish!
    Well, we do get snow here but not that often, sometimes not at all, BUT I am quite definite about my likes and dislikes, so this could be me?

Package mailed today - somewhere south of me. SP has posted here very recently - talking about snow....could it be you??? Should be there I think Tuesday.
    Jaba, I like to read and do cross stitch - is it me?
    Kathleen

Received my sp name today, so excited to get started on making something special just for her. Going way North of me, to a state that holds special meaning for me. I've had alot of swaps with people from this state, and they definately get snow there!

Blog Entries
    Hope Lori you are feeling better, i know what a kick in the pants it can be to be sick on top of being sick.

I gotta say, the first thing we sold (to a close neighbor) when we moved from Mass to Atlanta was the snow blower!!! I love snow too...for about 1 day if I don't have to drive in it. The window is open it's shirtsleeve weather here, had errands to do today so box is still sitting, but I scored 12 count 'em 12 packs of Harbor Freight cutter blades, plus some Evaporust to help clean up some of the rusted rufflers and other doo-dads on my vintage machines.

My SP has been a bit quiet last couple of days, maybe I haven't hit the right clues for her. Let's recap: left coast, likes to make hand make things and send them to her SP, no pets, dust allergies (oh, my, I think I better not send her anything from my house), how do you think she would like 12 packages of Harbor Freight cutter blades????? Good thing *I'm* not allergic to dust or I'd die.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    But, it you're going to Jaba's, she lives in Wyoming. A faaaar piece from Arizona - unless you're just dreaming of warmer places, then, anywhere....
    OOPS! Don't know why I thought Ariz...another one of those $%*&^ Senior moments I guess.

Jaba I like to read and cross stitch! Is it me? Greenini I am with you..dust is my friend!

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

well both my sp should have there boxes today zips total12 and the other19, they are both out for delievery....Yea!!!!!

I received my SP name today. Hope I am able to mail her box out by the deadline date. I will try hard to do this. She has some wants that I do not have in my stash....I will have to try to get out on Monday and see if I can fulfill some of her desires. Wish me luck!!!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast