Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

oh my goodness Jan!!! I love my box full of goodies, got it today and after a real bad day at work it was so great to come home to such a wonderful surprise!!! I love all the fabrics, the navy ones are so pretty and different they will go into something fo my bedroom. that room is navy and cream and I eally love the fabrics. The browns will go into my living room.
    I really love the table runner it will go onto my table. OF course you sent me my two most favorite candies thank you so much ( my DH is out of town for the weekso I dont have to share turtles with him) LOL!!! always can use a rollercutter,nail files,have never used the bobbin wraps but am going to put these to good use.hand soap is at my kitchen sink.can always use post it notes. I like to read when hubby is out of town.counted cross stitching is my next love. Thank you sooooooo much you eally outdid yourself!!! I love it all!!!!! Pat
    PMarch

my wonderful box full of things came from Jaba, Thank you soooooooooo much!!!!
    PMarch

Hubby picked me up from work and we had to go straight to his company Christmas party...so, I just got home and got an awesome package from Nancy in Louisiana!! What fantastic goodies she sent to me!! She sent me a wonderful Christmas card and note and a box full of so much fun stuff...there is a magnetic pin/needle holder with pins, 4 pieces of Christmas fabric, a pattern, some aloe fuzzy socks (love these!), an adorable snowman mug with a lid on the mug to keep the drink warm, a quilt angel pin, a very cute tree ornament, a reusable bag from Alaska, sewing labels, Christmas baking cups, a red and white bird pincushion and two different size snowman mug rugs to match my mug! Thank you so much for everything Nancy. Hugs and Merry Christmas!
    Name:  001 (640x480).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  218.9 KB
    Name:  002 (640x480).jpg
Views: 152
Size:  242.1 KB
    Name:  003 (640x480).jpg
Views: 145
Size:  229.2 KB
    Name:  004 (640x480).jpg
Views: 144
Size:  275.7 KB
    Brenda

Airwick156, I am glad you liked everything. Happy Holidays everyone.

Mailing out my package tomorrow and she lives in a state not too far from my state. Just took the time to look up her city and it's not a city at all, just a little town of about 4000 way east of me. And I thought she lived closer!
    Those are my hints..........near my state and in a little town. And she likes chocolate and fabric.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

I've been collecting things for my secret pal. Will do some sewing for her tomorrow and the package will go in the mail Thursday.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Quote Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
    Mailing out my package tomorrow and she lives in a state not too far from my state. Just took the time to look up her city and it's not a city at all, just a little town of about 4000 way east of me. And I thought she lived closer!
    Those are my hints..........near my state and in a little town. And she likes chocolate and fabric.
    Skaduzy, it could be me, except, I don't think my town has anywhere close to 4000 - maybe more like the 400!!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    I remembered to take a picture for a change so will add one...your very welcome LAC....Merry Christmas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    OK, the package to my SP is officily in the hands of the PO so it ought to be there in 3 or 4 days I'm estimating. Too lazy to look.

I wanted to thank Cathy, Catjo, for a wonderful box full: lots of instructions on how to wrap rope and make bowls rugs etc which I am very interested in.
    2 hand/dish towels with poinsttias on them, plus 2 potholders and a mitt, all very useful
    a very large red white and green mug for my morning tea.
    a penguin on a lighted cube which can hold notes and revovles
    a snowflake candle
    a very nice emery board
    a tube of hand cream
    a clever can of artificial snow
    a butterfly magnet
    a pair of cute sunglasses
    2 sets of note cards, very useful to send out my notes to my SP
    a combined calendar/book mark
    a pack of spiced cider mix
    2 FQ plus 3 larger pieces of fabric all very bright and cheerful
    a pack of Santa patterns
    a pad for groceries ours is almost used up
    a pack of 2 notepads, always useful and sweet
    and 4 cute greeting cards to send
    plus a very sweet note.
    Thank you so much for being so overly generous Cathy, Have a wonderful holiday!!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    So glad you liked your surprise. I had fun gathering items up for you. Merry Christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
    my wonderful box full of things came from Jaba, Thank you soooooooooo much!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    So glad you liked your surprise. I had fun gathering items up for you. Merry Christmas
    I thought that was coming to me!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I just love seeing everything folks are sending/ receiving. Apparently many of you do not stay within the $10.00 limit! Unfortunately for my recipient, I do need to stay within that limit, so I hope she won't be too disappointed. I ordered some fabric for her as this is a rural area and not many choices for fabric shopping. I really hope it gets here before the deadline! Otherwise I'll be sending a supplemental package.

my box for my sp is almost ready to ship...and it has girahdelli choc in it...so if you love that kind of choc you might be my sp...i havent seen her post though

I never spend more than $10 on mine but I don't count items I make using my stash or if I put second hand books or magazines in. Also unless I have bought fabric specifically requested then I don't count anything taken out of my stash. I sometimes pad out the package with favourite recipies, guides to my local area none of which cost anything. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    I just love seeing everything folks are sending/ receiving. Apparently many of you do not stay within the $10.00 limit! Unfortunately for my recipient, I do need to stay within that limit, so I hope she won't be too disappointed. I ordered some fabric for her as this is a rural area and not many choices for fabric shopping. I really hope it gets here before the deadline! Otherwise I'll be sending a supplemental package.

I just love seeing everything folks are sending/ receiving. Apparently many of you do not stay within the $10.00 limit! Unfortunately for my recipient, I do need to stay within that limit, so I hope she won't be too disappointed. I ordered some fabric for her as this is a rural area and not many choices for fabric shopping. I really hope it gets here before the deadline! Otherwise I'll be sending a supplemetal packagef.
    Belfry~some of us that have been doing this swap for quite a while post this for newcomers every so often....a lot of us pull from our "stash" and collect things throughout the year to use for swaps...we get them as we see them on sale...some people also "regift" items that they have received from previous swaps but won't use or don't need; there is a dollar isle at Michaels that has lots of goodies for swap boxes such as pens, tablets, buttons, notecards, all kinds of stuff; some have said that Big Lots and Tuesday Morning have the same kind of bins/isles..if I make something from my stash or give fabric from my stash, I don't include it in the ten dollars either...If I pass on a book or pattern or quilting magazine that I'm finished with then I don't count that either...Walmart and Joannes puts patterns on sale for 99 cents throughout the year...a lot of people also get the fabric once it's been reduced, etc. I know some people pick up things at yard sales or second hand stores to use in the swaps for different things that people like to collect (old buttons, old books, candles, etc.)...and some people may be going over a little this month since it's Christmas time...but just have fun and don't stress...everyone just loves getting goodies in the mail
    Brenda

I had exactly the same dilemma. $10 is 6.50 in the UK and we pay about 12-13 for just over a yard of fabric..... A spool of YLI quilting thread is 6.95 - you get my drift. Australia is the same.
    Like Cannyquilter I've had to be a little inventive (only one LQS in my city). I send Tourist Information on the local castles, tartan ribbon, Scottish sweets (candy), cookbooks and the like. Often I only buy one or two FQs to send. I do try to make it personal to the recipient. It is the thought that counts. Relax and enjoy.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

My package was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. What wonderful goodies. A perfect FQ pack, Jolly Ranchers!!!, some really cool patterns, a very pretty take-out box made in Christmas fabrics, bath salts, a dream catcher, coasters and so much more. Thank you, Nicki.

Merry Christmas,

Jane
    Jane

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Exactly what I do also Brenda and cannyquilter. I have to confess, I think I am a fabric-holic and never buy less than a yard. If I use a FQ then I'll cut off another one and when it fits someone, I'll add it to the box. I do watch those $1 sales now too. Just have fun with it, everyone likes to receive something that they don't have and that someone has gotten for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Belfry~some of us that have been doing this swap for quite a while post this for newcomers every so often....a lot of us pull from our "stash" and collect things throughout the year to use for swaps...we get them as we see them on sale...some people also "regift" items that they have received from previous swaps but won't use or don't need; there is a dollar isle at Michaels that has lots of goodies for swap boxes such as pens, tablets, buttons, notecards, all kinds of stuff; some have said that Big Lots and Tuesday Morning have the same kind of bins/isles..if I make something from my stash or give fabric from my stash, I don't include it in the ten dollars either...If I pass on a book or pattern or quilting magazine that I'm finished with then I don't count that either...Walmart and Joannes puts patterns on sale for 99 cents throughout the year...a lot of people also get the fabric once it's been reduced, etc. I know some people pick up things at yard sales or second hand stores to use in the swaps for different things that people like to collect (old buttons, old books, candles, etc.)...and some people may be going over a little this month since it's Christmas time...but just have fun and don't stress...everyone just loves getting goodies in the mail

Thank you all for your thoughts/ encouragement on the gifts. As a new quilter I don't have much of a stash or extra notions. I did order fabric on sale so I'll have a couple of yards of fabric that my person asked for plus a few homemade goodies. But certainly not the bounty I'm seeing here. Maybe this time next year my packages will be more generous after I've had time to build up some items. But I'm just starting out.

After a morning at the dr's I came home to mySP package from Shamrock. Started on the candy first. If I get to take a picture I'm sure the candy won't be in there. Received quilt books ,lots of pretty fabric, 1/8's and fat quarters and purple my favorite.A James Patterson book and a handmade bag with the candy in it. Thanks so much Shirley,it came at the right time. Still have some more medical tests to go.
    Patience comes to him who waits providing he knows what he is waiting for.

Blog Entries
    I received my package from SharonCase yesterday but I am Still at Marty's with camera and sp package is at my house will take picture when I can introduce camera to wonderful package I got from Sharon. I will be home tonight for a while for they are having elections tonight and as President I have to go. Didn't run for president this year, just Treasurer.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your thoughts/ encouragement on the gifts. As a new quilter I don't have much of a stash or extra notions. I did order fabric on sale so I'll have a couple of yards of fabric that my person asked for plus a few homemade goodies. But certainly not the bounty I'm seeing here. Maybe this time next year my packages will be more generous after I've had time to build up some items. But I'm just starting out.
    Really part of the fun is just the excitement of getting something that's a surprize! I sometimes send tourist post cards of places we've been or thrift store hits, fabric or notions that are in good shape, reading books if I think my sp likes the same kind of book once I'm finished with it, candy is usually cheap just to include something sweet, and you know what, the best thing out of any box for me is a nice note telling me all about my sp! It's a fun way to make a new friend.

And yes, I think some of us have gone a bit overboard just because it's the holidays.

My SP's box just left Texas and is heading north to a location whose zip code has both numbers and letters in it. Post Office stated it should be there by Christmas Eve.

Belfrybat,
    Any package, small or large is always welcomed. We all are on tight budgets and like Brenda stated some of us have been doing these swaps for a while now so whatever ANYONE receives will be accepted with much love. I always look forward to these swaps and looking at what others receives. It gives one good ideas for the next month's swap!

Lori,
    Hope you're feeling much better!

To my SP,
    Just a few minor things and it will be out the door this weekend. Our post office will be open on Sat. to cater to the Christmas crowds! More clues for you later, going to have some campbell's soup.

Blog Entries
    Life has been so nuts around here....computer crashed got a new one....finals for school this week and next....and kids getting suspended from school....and trying to get things done for Christmas...my box is going out tomorrow I hope. I have to find a box that it will all fit in!

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 ... LastLast