Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

I'm in again! So much fun. I PM'ed Lorri a few days ago. All ready.

Jane
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
    Im in again. Glade your both back Louise and Teresa!!!
    TY {{{Sue}}}!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I finished my present for my SP. Let me know if you don't want it in case you are the one I will be assigned tomorrow! I can't wait!
    How cute, I want it. Hope you get me.

I finished my present for my SP. Let me know if you don't want it in case you are the one I will be assigned tomorrow! I can't wait!
    I love it, I think anyone would be pleased to get it.
    Vicki W

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'd take to too! PS....your table looks like it is amazing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for the welcome back.

have to be honest and say that I have missed all the fun
    of the SP swaps.

I would love to have the snowman runner!!! I collect snowmen!!!
    Stacey

Blog Entries
    luvstoquilt....I "luv" that quilt! Hope its me!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Luvstoquilt - By now you must have a clue that your snowman table runner is a huge hit!! Please include me in your nice, not naughty list.

Brenda - Jeter is a VERY handsome guy. I hope looks are not deceiving!! I think he would look great as Rudolf for Christmas. He's got the perfect coloring...
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Blog Entries
    Sharon Anne..what a great idea...Jeter does look like a reindeer! I hope he is nicer than our "Pogo" was. We named him using a Spanish textbook..."El Pogo Pero" we thought it translated to "The little dog" actually it meant "Not much dog"...much more apt description.. he was naughty but funny...he terrified the boxer that lived next door.

I do hope your legs are feeling better!

I hope we get or SPs tomorrow! So exciting!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I miss doing the swaps soo bad I think the last one I did maybe Aug ,I set back and watch all the wonderful gifts you all are receiveing,they are all so beautiful,hopefully,I'llbbe back in after the new year miss uall ,have a wonderful,Xmas and happy New year
    Sherrie

Ooh! Brenda Jeter is gorgeous Is he in the swap? I'm emailing Lori right now
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    I'm loving that handsome little "Jeter!" Can't wait to get my secret pal's name.

Name:  534_10200192202794211_1496344675_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  32.1 KB

Blog Entries
    LOl
    Fayzer that is so funny sure glad I wasn't drinking anything
    when I seen it.

And Jeter is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    I'm loving that handsome little "Jeter!" Can't wait to get my secret pal's name.

Name:  534_10200192202794211_1496344675_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  32.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Checked my emails today and received a 50% off coupon from Joannes. Just waiting to get my name to see if I will use it for sp this month or for something for myself, thats if I can ever decide what to get. Cant pick from a portable iron, rotating rotary mat, or one of those appliqeing sheets that keep the goo off of you ironing surface. Choices, choices, choices. The difficult life of quilting.LOL

Blog Entries
    Question for everyone who makes pincushions.
    Do you use (past, present or future) emery sand?
    (the stuff that sharpens pins & needles)?

I am asking because I will send some to my SP when I
    get their name if they have responded.

Have purchased approximately 6lbs worth of the stuff
    and have not yet made any pincushions using it (but I want too).

Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    Question for everyone who makes pincushions.
    Do you use (past, present or future) emery sand?
    (the stuff that sharpens pins & needles)?

I am asking because I will send some to my SP when I
    get their name if they have responded.

Have purchased approximately 6lbs worth of the stuff
    and have not yet made any pincushions using it (but I want too).
    Not me, I use poly stuffing.

Blog Entries
    Quilty-Louise - I just use polyfill for mine. Didnt know that such a sand could be used and will sharpen as said. I would love one if you get me.

Blog Entries
    Drat, I missed the sign up. I haven't gotten on in a week, my next door neighbor of 30 years passed away and I've been dealing with funeral things. Now i'm off to go feed her daughter's chickens. I'm going to put "check for next month's secret pal sign up" on my end of the month to-do list!

Blog Entries
    luvstoquilt, I just love your gift, would go prfect in my hall.. or on my inside door... Love love love handmade gifts...Haven't gotten any in awhile...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    I make lots of pin cushions and haven't been able to get to sand locally Louise... Loved that thread you sent me used it in Pin cushions on top of 4 oz canning jars... Looks nice in there...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    Glad you liked the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    I make lots of pin cushions and haven't been able to get to sand locally Louise... Loved that thread you sent me used it in Pin cushions on top of 4 oz canning jars... Looks nice in there...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    I can't find emery sand either, and it is like $7.50 a pound plus shipping online. My local hardware store is looking into ordering emery sand for me!

I've also been making the little canning jar pincushions, making about a dozen for my friends on various quilt guild committees... I have been racking my brains for something to fill them with to give. Small candies, etc. I considered the chocolate covered sunflower seeds but know one lady in the guild can't have them.... any suggestions, anyone?

Excited to get my sp's name! Already pulling items to put in their package. I'm still new enough, just 3rd swap, that I worry about what to send. Praying everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

I had several pages to catch up on. I did see Lori's post for sign up and stayed up late on the 29th so I wouldn't miss it(was afraid I wouldn't get home from work in time on friday) we are extremely busy now at work so no little extra breaks now.
    Mscupid and Quilty-Louise sooo good to see you on here again I missed you too. Louise I did see your sunset pic on fb. nice view. Glad your back and posting and signed up!
    knitette -yes it is a good thing in the interest of international relations that you signed up. I think it is really neat to get things from other countries that give a peak into something of your locality. You don't ever have to send fabric in this swap-it isn't required, and you can send us interesting things from your area. priceless. you could even send me a rock from Scotland, not like I can go out and buy one here. Then I'd have a piece of foreign land hehehehe. Isn't there a royal castle there somewhere-I could own some of the queen's land!
    Now more comments...before I get into trouble.
    churcae--we were all first timers at one time.
    jaba LOVE the Christmas lights. I especially love it when people leave them up through winter here, on those cold winter nights walking through the neighborhood or even driving- it seams a little warmer seeing the lights-except the leds that are clear but look bluish, they make me feel colder. Anyone putting up outside lights its ok with me if you leave them up and turn them on till spring! And Jaba thanks for posting the picture I never could have seen it in the avatar.
    Brenda Are you going to get a red nose on Jetter? Would Miss Daisy wear the Santa hat?
    luvstoquilt I would luvtohave the snowman!
    OK so while I was out getting some fabric for the FQ swap (that one you do have to send fabric) I saw an picked up a cute little fun thing for my sp package.
    Oh I love the emory filled pincushion type thing for shapening my pins and needles. I had one of those small ones that came with the classic tomato pincushion eons ago but lost it and was thinking about finding some of that emery filler. then the GREATEST thing happened. A few months ago my SP sent me a BIG strawberry filled with emery! I never thought to ask for it but it was perfect.
    If you have a favorite notion or aid maybe send one to your SP it might be something they didn't know exists.

And Lori I was going to suggest that a question for the survey might be if one hand quilts, machine quilts or both. But I didn't get the suggestion to you before the sign up was posted so putting it here now.

I'll try not to be away so many days next time--it takes forever to catch up.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast