Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here!

Blog Entries
    Loving the Little quilts this month. Got a new table and need a topper, I'll have to look into one of Bratts runner swaps. LOL I made one, but would like another, and some for the holidays...... Oh my, another obsessions!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

jaba and chasezzz, love your quilts for your partners.

Just getting the label done on mine and it will be in the mail.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Bilbain, I just NOW got an idea for the candle doll quilt! Will be in the mail to you by Monday! The idea just wouldn't come to me and then it just popped into my head! LOL! I haven't forgotten you!

Well that's perfect timing, BertieD! I am just finishing my top, hoping to add the boarders tomorrow and then finish up on Saturday! I did end up with a couple of other ideas but I couldn't pull them off - maybe next year.

ok how come you guys are not running over to sign up for the Nov/Dec swap? so few so far have signed up so jump on over girls hop hop, get moving, andele andele... we are waiting for you!

Jan love that doll quilt! and the other one with the beautiful yellow center and then candle fabric. What is the name of that fabric with candles on it? I love that fabric!!!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Hi Brat...the candle fabric with gold accents is being carried by Joann's (no candle fabric at all at my best LQS that carries over 12,000 bolts of fabric and probably 500 of holiday fabric...go figure!). It's CM6163 Mosaic Candles. Wanna a free leftover piece? PM me your address!

Blog Entries
    ooohh! Pretty! You did a great job Chasezzz! love it!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    chaz- mmmm wonderful candle dq.

I will be mailing Quiltymom's DQ out on Monday. Hope to have it out this week, but I didn't get it done. All I have to do is put the label on and send it off. The toughest part of all this for me is actually getting the quilt in the mail!

Ok, for the Nov. Dec. swap, I find myself hesitating....why??....I think because there is no theme. Now I have to decide what to do?? Hehe, I like some parameters I guess. If I sign up, whom ever is my partner, do you promise to tell me what you want?

All you gals are a hoot. I enjoy reading the conversations and seeing all the pretty doll quilts. This is a great group.

Lynda
    Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Sapphire Rae, I am sure you partner will be able to give you some direction to go! in not just let me know and I'll give you some ideas.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

sapphire rae I will be your partner and you will get clear defined directions lol.. and also Jaba would like someone who wants Christmas but will gladly share with you what she wants.. she is also very good at directions (lol um yes MA'AM!) as will all of us. I think that part is easy..

Oh Chasezzz I would love scraps of that fabric!! I am about 3 hours drive from the next Jo Anns. not exactly close but I love that one so much. Pay you postage

Omacookie, silent one, I am mailing your dq on Monday. This is killing me having it sitting here growing old all by itself on the kitchen counter. I put it in an envelope last night and its going to have to fly home to you. I hope you will enjoy it I had a lot of fun making it with you in mind.
    Linda

from tesspug

My doll quilt came yesterday from tesspug along with a few extras.

It's beautiful with all the different Christmas fabrics and the glowing candles. I'm using it as a wall hanging and have the perfect spot to put it at Christmas time.

She sent a jelly roll pattern and a pot holder she crocheted that is too pretty to use, too. Also, her card had a lake on it, Mono Lake, which is a place in California I would love to see.

Karen, I love my little dq, and thanks for being my partner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    I have the top finished need to sandwich, quilt & bind.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    beautiful Christmas candle quilt.

Blog Entries
    Sandwich and quilting finished.

Now on to trimming edges, binding, and a label.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Blog Entries
    Love the quilts, all! Clever ideas, and some great fabrics!! I am partial to metallics, I must admit...
    Dil's baby shower was yesterday..amazing, fun...Love her, son, gd, and gs to be!!! Working on things til the last minute, finished football shaped quilt for baby gs to be at 3:30 am yesterday ...lol. Just a tad happy shower is over...breathed big sigh of contentment and relief! I have one more side on binding, and my dq is finished!! It will be mailed out Tues. Ornys, Brat's table runner swap, and Oct fqs ready to send out, too... Did I mention I have breathed in/out some big sighs of relief??!!
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Wow Kif, you did burn the midnight oil to get things finished for the baby shower - so glad it went well and you can now have a little rest before new bub arrives.

Went to send out emc118's DQ to her today and we hadn't exchanged address details LOL so it will go out as soon as I get those.

Spent today finishing quilting two lap size quilts and basted another 3 little ones ready for quilting...

AND after having some Maxine fabric for about 2 years, today I finally found a pattern that I think will suit the fabric just right.

Skaduzy, so glad you like the candles. I used to pattern to determine the size of the candles. It was very fun being your partner.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Blog Entries
    Wowza!! Great looking DQ's coming in. Love all the different candles.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Wasn't this a fun theme afterall? I think all those worried about signing for it and how hard it was going to be.. sigh.. now you look at the creativity put into these the beautiful colors that were used and well I think this was a great idea Quiltinkrazy. I look forward to more push your thinking doll quilts in the future. Everyone here is a genious when it comes to taking an idea and just running with it. I can't wait for more and MORE!!
    Linda

ps Kiffie I absolutely love metalics in fabrics too.. sometimes I go on ebay and search for just those in a certain holiday and end up wanting this one and that one and oh maybe some of this also.. its dangerous but fun to see just the huge variety out there. I wonder do they wash better thn they did say 15 yrs ago? I found those were lovely but after a wash or two the metallic lifted off. anyone know if they stay metallic now after a wash?
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Debbie (mooretll),

Just wanted to let you know I finished your DQ and it is in the mail
    TODAY.

Louise

emc118, your little quilt is on its way, even the Post Office guy was getting worried that I wasn't going to send a package this month LOL - they love to see what I am sending each month.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Lynnie25;Wow Kif, you did burn the midnight oil to get things finished for the baby shower - so glad it went well and you can now have a little rest before new bub arrives.

Went to send out emc118's DQ to her today and we hadn't exchanged address details LOL so it will go out as soon as I get those.

Spent today finishing quilting two lap size quilts and basted another 3 little ones ready for quilting...

AND after having some Maxine fabric for about 2 years, today I finally found a pattern that I think will suit the fabric just right.[/QUOTE]

I love Maxine!! Please post pics and share your quilty project when you're finished with it. I am doing a wee happy dance, I received an email update that your pkgs are in your country finally!! Will do a big happy dance when they are in your hands!!
    K
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
    I love Maxine!! Please post pics and share your quilty project when you're finished with it. I am doing a wee happy dance, I received an email update that your pkgs are in your country finally!! Will do a big happy dance when they are in your hands!!
    K
    Will post pics for sure.

I know - my packages are so close, do hope they get here in the next day or two. You will hear me scream with joy when they arrive LOL

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast