Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    I have a great spider story! I had a hanging pothos in the bathroom, it used to hang above the toilet. Anyway, wanted to give it a good water, so took it out to the patio and hung it there for the day. Gave it a good soaking. Brought it back in the evening...no prob. Next morning I am awakened by my DH screaming in the bathroom! I come running (nude mind you) no idea what's wrong. I open the door to him standing on the toilet pointing at a black widow spider that is daised and crawling the floor. WTH am I gonna do? no slippers, no anything. I run back to the bedroom and grab a slipper to kill the poor thing, hubbies still on top of the commode. Seems this unknowing spider crawled in during the watering the day earlier and when poor hubby was standing in front if the toidy, climbed down onto his neck! I have never heard my husband bellow like that before or since. I still get a chuckle at the thought of him huddled on top of the toilet screaming.
    Poor Hubby, RIP spider.
    I'm sorry for the sick humor...but all I could do was laugh out loud at this!! And also feel empathy for your dh..."shuddering" at thought of a black widow anywhere near me!
    My hubby works at our local water treatment plant...and there are lots of cinder block walls...in addition to him being the "snake identifier" to take appropriate actions on rattlers and let the others go (which some of his co-workers want them ALL gone, hubby won't do that). He is also the "spider man"...oops bad pun alert....he has taken pics of the black widows and sent them to me...he is SUCH a thoughtful man...I admit I had told him I hadn't seen a black widow since I was a child and may have mentioned if he saw one send me a pic (ok, ok, I am a weirdo, too...). Hubby does kill the black widows and brown recluses when they don't scurry back into the cracks in the cinder block where he can't get them (I am shuddering now). I could never work out there with all of the "critters". For hubby his degree is in accounting (yep, go ahead and chuckle). After college, he worked one day on his job orientation...came home, took the tie off from around his neck (like it was a noose) and said, "Sorry, I can't sit behind a desk inside all day...". The next day he found a job that was more outside and its been that way for 30+ years. I always say "If you take a job for money you will earn every penny of it!".
    K
    Loving all this talk of quilting and fabric....haha or should I say bwahahahaaa...
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 08-16-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Some day, maybe I'll share the story of the one that crawled inside my ear...

Or when I was on vacation in July, driving alone, at midnight, after we'd been having a few beverages, driving over a bridge... and one dropped in front of my face................................ argh.

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    Some day, maybe I'll share the story of the one that crawled inside my ear...

Or when I was on vacation in July, driving alone, at midnight, after we'd been having a few beverages, driving over a bridge... and one dropped in front of my face................................ argh.
    Oh gross! Now my ear itches and my skins crawling

I was about 6... story ended with my parents putting my head on a cutting board and pouring Coca-cola in my ear... the incident has left a few emotional scars! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    Oh gross! Now my ear itches and my skins crawling

Or I could tell you the story of my first date (not my hubby now ) when I sat on the couch and was met by a skunk dropped in my lap , not to mention the tarantula in the aquarium .
    sapdoggie

Life is full of many pieces- why not quilt?

Ok...so totally read hubby some of these and he was crying laughing. My story involves Caddo Lake in East Texas on Goat Island in college class camping trip and daddy long legs IN my hair, like STUCK was read to cut or pull ALL of my hair out. Guys in my class were trying to help as I'm screaming, crying and trying not to run. Ugh!!!

So a skunk huh??? Do tell!!!

It was a pet skunk of his. Not sure what to expect after that. Then there were the fifty orchid plants and 50 cacti to move into a new apartment.

And I thought I knew this guy- went to college with him.

So much for getting a rounded education- didn't even know a skunk when I saw one
    sapdoggie

I can understand ALL of the spider stories- Do Not Like Them- Sam I am
    Do not like them here or there
    Do no like them ANYWHERE !!!!
    sapdoggie

So I am not alone in my horror stories I guess we all have our phobias. some people its heights standing near the edge of something others its... those things. ugh. I am sure I could have screamed louder and harder than your man and huddling on a toilet is not so bad its the WISE thing to do for sure and if I came running naked there would be two reasons to scream like a banshee! those days are LONGGGGG gone.

I received to fq packets yesterday of FALL fabric. How cool is that! I still didn't finish my hot pad. Applique and it takes friggen forever. What a good idea that was! I have another hour or so to finish the top then I can quilt it and pack it for mailing. TADA I LOve FINISHING projects. sometimes they are not so fun making but in the end you think wow I did that. and then a little pic goes into the things I made album and fling it goes off to its new owner. I prefer making things for others than I do for me. Wishing all of you a grand day I am off to eat breakfast its now 5 am and get ready for another day at clinic. I can't wait til this afternoon its the beginning of my two days off dialysis. I love those two days like little treasure packets of hours.. yes I do.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

So...I think I can get my batiks today, once I get this baby quilt top done. So excited!!!

Need more ideas??? Check out tipnut.com

I have heard from my partner Cheesehead, and was surprised!

You see, I have 2 dear friends, she is ill, he loves to garden. His garden is an acre, I call it a farm and him a farmer, he says not any more. Use to have acres of peach trees. Anyway to get on with the story, he brought me some veggies once and I felt bad, him picking all of this for people - he is only 21 years older than me and I am 61. So I offered 5 or 6 years ago to help him pick, since then I have learned to can (from his wife). Anyway his wife is ill and been hospitalized, so for the last three days, between all the rain, I have picked bushels of blue lake beans, bushels of tomatoes (I've already put up 23 qts of plain tomatoes and 18 qts and 9 pts of stewed tomatoes), corn, the best cantaloupe, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, egg plant, and I can't think of what else. I can hardly stand. My husband and I are trying to get some green beans frozen before we go to the hospital to visit. In the middle of all of this, I am the one getting new carpet, and I tried to stay out of the way last Tues. while it was being laid, but finally gave in and went to check out how much was done......it was the WRONG carpet. Two rooms laid, hall way almost done. Things stopped FAST. In the end, my husband signed the sheet and did not notice that the name of our chosen carpet wasn't on it - a wrong computer key punched. So in the end, we keep this laid carpet (right color / wrong pattern) and they have ordered the correct one for the hall, stairs and family room. I am sad to say the least.

Now why was I surprised this morning when I finally got a moment to look at emails and there was a pm from my partner? I didn't realize the 16th had pasted! Where has the time gone? But I expect to be back up to speed by Monday - or Tuesday, lol. Am excited, have read the post from pg 24 - 31 and tried to catch up on everyone and everything. I will have to write Cheesehead and tell her that I too love those fabrics! Now to get searching, as I waited to hear from my partner before shopping and digging (as when I start too soon, I get too much).

Thanks Elisabeth brat for all your work organizing this!
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

oh have pity on me. I have made so many errors it is not funny in my rush to get things out. I tried to do this for the group but in the end made at least three mistakes. CRUD. And when I lost the partner for skaduzy I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find her she couldn't so I gave her another partner. Well tada that partner has now shown up right where I hid her, two sign ups one email so I didn't see her name.. memories are marvelous wish I had one! So I have a partner now too! stipplequeen is MY partner!!! we will do well on this I know and I will pray no more errors GROAN please!
    Linda

To error is human and we are ALL human. Go get some rest. We love you and all that you do!!!

MartiMorga- you are making me tired but oh my how much yummy veggies you will have this winter while I am opening the canned beans !

Brat I can make three human errors in less than 5 minutes- chin up !!!
    sapdoggie

So Yosamitesa- what do you think of red, orange and yellow leaves? H-m-m-m-m-m inquiring minds want to know.
    sapdoggie

Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
    So Yosamitesa- what do you think of red, orange and yellow leaves? H-m-m-m-m-m inquiring minds want to know.
    Sounds perfect!!!

Blog Entries
    MartiMorga I would love some of those green beans to make dill pickled green beans - they're very tasty. My garden this year didn't get planted - we just have a few tomato and pepper plants - we had snow into the middle of May and my weekends to plant were busy with other events - sigh; I love visiting farmers market and picking up what I want.

tlambing I'm still laughing over your spider story - almost as funny as my brother and his girlfriend years ago trying to catch a bat with a fishing net and flyswatter - while in their undies and sporting a hunting mosquito net over their head so the bat doesn't land in their hair.

I've been in contact with my partner - and today I was at the LQS and picked up the backing - ready, set, sew!!!
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Picked up a very nice jet black with orange polka dots today. I think my partner will like Today was also the first week of the Happy haunting block of the week at the LQS too. A very spooky day indeed.

With the temps down to 58 degrees at night, fall colors sound cool

Then again, yosimetesa- I could use browns, golds, olives and tans........

Not telling- you can't even squeeze it out of me
    sapdoggie

Oh brat- what about stories from the out house ? Anyone have a good one ?????

With fall coming and football games, I am sure there are lots and lots of stories to tell.
    sapdoggie

Sapdoggie - how about a lizard over the shoulder while sitting on the couch talking on the phone? Think I terrified that poor lizard with my holler! I know I scared my friend on the other end if the phone line. I'm not normally scard of lizards, but that one sure startled me.

Ok...bat one was pretty good!!! Hubby just said wow!!!

Oh I've got to tell y'all about the animal control guy that came to our store one day when we had a bat flying around. They lived upstairs between the antique tin ceiling and the rafters on the top floor in our pre1900s building.
    Anyway, somebody called animal control and the fellow shows up in a hazmat suit looking like a storm trooper out of Star Wars. Then he's so paranoid about dying of rabies he wouldn't get anywhere close to it. By this time a couple of us with a broom and dustpan had chased it out the door. Needless to say we never called animal control to come out again! Did get them to loan us a live trap for the skunk under the coke machine though.

mom-6 Lizards on the loose- yuck- not even a fan of the gecko in the tv ads.

Now bats- can just stay in the woods and eat the mosquitoes.

All of God's creatures were created for a purpose- as long as they stay out of my way and go on about their assigned purpose, I will leave them alone.
    If they come near me or the grandkids- that is a totally different story
    Last edited by sapdoggie; 08-17-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    sapdoggie

ok sugarplums! how is everyone today? madly quilting away on your table runners? for a group of over 40 it is amazing your not talking people.. a deal is a deal you are to post here regularly or at least once a week to say hey this is where I am.. so come on girls.. kick it up a notch as Emeril says and be an active group member please.

I am going to finish a little mat today and have a block to make for someone who wants to make a monkey quilt for their little one which is pretty darned cute idea.. and then this gorgeous center I have to work on in brights and black and its one of those wow statement quilts. I think it will be pretty fun. Waiting to hear from Stipple queen to find out what she would like color wise. I believe she is about fall but not sure how big etc.. so waiting, waiting waiting.. these are my best two days for sewing so I hope to hear back today. Have you started yours? picked your fabrics?? ready to ship just trying to be patient??? I know Jaba is done she is fast as lightening.. anyone else?
    Linda

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast