Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 AM

Love the chatter going on here! I am a newbie for this swap. Hope I manage to do a great job on my table runner for whoever I get. I am sort of new to quilting in general. Mostly have made children's quilts,placemats, and tote/purses.
I love fall and scarecrows. Scarecrows just say fall to me!
Went out yesterday and bought way more fabric than I need for a table runner, but if I am making one, may as well, make a couple for gifts!
I called it fabric therapy! We are still recovering from the flood that hit us last month. We have lived here since 1974 and never had a problem until 2011 and last month. And it scares me that we are under a storm watch for this afternoon with high winds, large hail, and major downpours. Anyone have a HUGE UMBRELLA?
Love all the fur babies! We have two dogs and one huge, love able cat. The dogs are Czar, the brown one and Sombra the black one. And the kitty is Nicholas. Now hope I can manage to attach the photos. I think I did it!
Laurel
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 07:36 AM

Thought I'd share a good laugh This is my darling little Frankie (my Avatar pic) after a bath. Bloom kinda falls off the rose doesn't it?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428808[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0355.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Oh my hope we aren't all going to the dogs ! (and cats).

Taking a break from decision making- fabric is fun, but mind gets overwhelmed by choice. Perhaps I need to clean up and clean out - um-m-m-m-m Not Today !
Old 08-07-2013, 08:08 AM

So, here I am working from home today and some one says, you should join the table runner swap on QB. It will be fun. Here's hoping I am allowed to join, since I haven't been in a swap in years.

If it helps, I love fall and my favorite colorway is warm tones. HInt HInt
Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 AM

Ok...Ok...here are my 2 fur babies...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428836[/ATTACH]

Here is my momma dog Miss Rusha. I've had her for 11 years and she is my heart. Her fur has had numerous tears. She has been there for me through everything. She is a mutt/rescue dog that no one wanted. I wanted her and I have loved her ever since! Hubby says her breed is "fence jumper" whatever jumped over the fence that day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428837[/ATTACH]

This is my big baby Max. He is a puggle and a LARGE puggle at that. Someone abandoned him still on a leash. Broke my heart. He used to shred EVERYTHING; however, as he has gotten older he has settled. He has a lot more gray now than he does in the picture. He suffers from seperation anxiety really bad. He found a forever home when our home was broken into and he barked and barked and barked. However, I know he found a forever home when my hubby brought him home and I told him DO NOT NAME IT! My husband's response...I think I'll call him Max. Darn it...the dog is now ours!!!
Attached Thumbnails rusha.jpg   max.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 08:20 AM

This is my Abby, she is having surgery today on her hind leg, torn tendon. So, please send puppy hugs and prayers for her. As you can tell, she loves fall colors too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]428838[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc05663.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ooooh what a pretty quilt! bet you did that as a quilt in a day right ? LOL... I see lots and lots of cutting and sewing and not a day quilt at all

Belfrey curious is it all pumpkins or only jack o lanterns that you do not do? would you prefer ONLY leaves?
I don't mind pumpkins if they are mixed in with other items or even part of a Thanksgiving-type cornicopia. I just don't care for the ones with faces on them -- too Halloweenish for me. I really prefer more of a general Fall/Autumn theme since the table runner can then be used all the way up to Advent/Christmas.

I was just looking through my stash for fall fabric and realise I don't have any. Plenty of blenders in orange, brown, yellow, fallish red, but no prints. Not even one. I'll have to remedy that situation really quickly! I see a shop hop in my near future!

Last edited by Belfrybat; 08-07-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM

I sent a message in to sign up for this event - I have some wonderful fall fabrics that will be perfect for the waffletime table runner. If I end up in halloween I have a fun skeleton that I made years ago (see below photo) that I could try and trace around and applique - funky stitching around the edges would create a challenge - hmmmmm something to think about.
Attached Thumbnails skeleton.jpg  
Old 08-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
This is my Abby, she is having surgery today on her hind leg, torn tendon. So, please send puppy hugs and prayers for her. As you can tell, she loves fall colors too!
Oh I completely feel your worry!!! I've done the TPLO surgery with my Rusha twice!!! Puppy prayers!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
So, here I am working from home today and some one says, you should join the table runner swap on QB. It will be fun. Here's hoping I am allowed to join, since I haven't been in a swap in years.

If it helps, I love fall and my favorite colorway is warm tones. HInt HInt
So I see there is more arm twisting going one here. Welcome to the crowd. Hope we can keep a smile on your face and craziness in your heart. !

NOw you can recruit another person ad they can recruit another person and so on and so on.......