Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Blog Entries
    Did I mention that I found the TR pattern I am going to use? I lied. . . or changed my mind is a better phrase. I now have the perfect old school (in my mind anyway) pattern that I just need to turn into red, white and blue. . . and still make a summer theme. How's that for a teaser?

KAT

Here's some fat quarters which were calling me for the runner. Now that the print that went with these exactly is back ordered I'm conflicted. What do you think of the fabric?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like them very bright and cheery... love that they are not all solid but more tone on tone..just my preference

I am glad you guys are at least thinking on what to do. I have visions of making 20 angel runners which all in all would sorta irk me a bit. and I would be slow as always.. like a turtle at the machine. (now that is an image).

Strawberries wish I was canning some. Saw cherries for sale yesterday from those guys who sit at intersections in small towns? yikes. 7.00 a small strawberry basket full of them. good thing only I eat them. Maybe I will get some maybe I will just look at them instead. That is a bit of change there for not too much. heck one could not make a pie with that amount.. think how much a pie would cost? WOWSA!
    When my kids were small I canned cases and cases of jam. berries of all sorts apricots, spiced peach, pie fillings oh boy and we ran out too at the end of the season. now we eat about a case.. we as in Steve. He loves berry jam. Someone just gave us a large jar of blackberry jam so hopefully he might like that. It could buy me a month

Salads ok they all sound good. when shall we have the party? I think Jaba has party hats or crowns lol and I have all sorts of assorted glasses for say iced lemonaide, tea, margaritas, chilled white wine.. water.. and oh we need fruit salad who has a recipe for that they love? I am thinking a salad with strawberries, herbed feta and pecans sounds great but not poppy seed dressing. something like a rice wine vinegrette.. light slightly sweet but tart.. and what else???
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Oh, berryberry I love them! and since it is for me! yup, I think that is what you should make! yours is finished, but I am thinking I might do another one then pick out one to send to you and one to give to my sister! Hey Brat 20 table runners! Dang girl that is quite the nightmare! maybe you should just sew them all together and make a quilt!!! I am sure you will be happy with the follow through in this group. We all love to sew and make cool stuff and then share~

Well I am off to the park, gotta let this little one run, and she will sleep good tonight!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Alright...Grandma Di...here is a sneak peek of the fabs for your table runner. I'll take another pick when I'm cutting them up!!!

Name:  Table Runner Fabric.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  86.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Yosamitsa, love love love that palate!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Love the batik fabrics - beautiful summer fun!!!!!

My partner likes bright batiks - sounds like they are her favorites - I'm thinking of using small template for drunkards path and making it a little scrappy.

Summer is the season of salads - I like to have creamy cucumbers when cucumbers are in season. My favorite is a spinich salad with strawberries - red onion - few pecans and feta cheese with a very light drizzle of raspberry dressing served with grilled salmon. I have hartier salads that pull double duty and work wonderful in a sandwich. After all this chatter about food can you guess what I'll be having for dinner tomorrow night - YUMMMO!
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

They are absolutely beautiful. I really love them.

Blog Entries
    Nice pallets lady, now I am hungry for some yummy summer fruit and veggies.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Ok...need inspiration to actually cut them. They seem to cry out don't cut me every time I get my rotary near them...poor batiks!!!

Ok...here we go!!!

Name:  Table Runner Swap Cutting.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  136.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Dabbler, cucumbers! Yum! One of my favorite salads is fresh chilled cucumber slices, salted to make them crisp and then drained, mixed with a dressing of sour cream, vinegar, pinch of sugar, and dill. Yum yum yum yum.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

oh oh raspberry salad dressing sounds grand! and cucumbers? I love them we grew up eating them on a toasted rye or pumpernickle bread, butter and a tad of salt on top too! yum yum yum... tonight we had a dinner snack of dry salami, fontina cheese, duck pate..deer summer sausage and some homemade cheeseball that I made and oh oh some cut up apple and that was a wonderful dinner snack! later I will have a green salad and all will be heaven

Yosametisa love your fabrics it is hard cutting into your good stuff lol but sorta think that is why we bought it right? it was good? no point in letting it become something no one wants by keeping it in your fabric bin for years. I had this big bin of fabric when i moved to Arizona and became disabled so I mailed it all to my niece. Well when I started quilting again a couple years ago my sis said hey she still had half of it and laurel wasnt sewing any longer so she sent it to me. I thought cool! then I saw the fabric? omg.. my tastes had changed completely and I instantly donated about 80 percent of it .. sigh.. so use it now while you still like it! (warped but its true.. save it cause you like it and you end up hating it later.. what the heck is up with that???).
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Dabbler, cucumbers! Yum! One of my favorite salads is fresh chilled cucumber slices, salted to make them crisp and then drained, mixed with a dressing of sour cream, vinegar, pinch of sugar, and dill. Yum yum yum yum.

Thanks for the thought. I made a cucumber salad for dinner with our tri tip! OMG sooooo yummy.

Ok, so top is complete. I have backing and middle. Will sandwich tomorrow and will find the binding material.

Blog Entries
    I had fresh cucumber salad tonight - I make mine with diced onion - a little salad dressing, cider vinegar, half and half, pinch of pepper - it's the way we grew up making them. I also had fresh broccoli, cauliflower and carrot salad to go with it.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  213.5 KB

It has begun!

Blog Entries
    YEA!!!!! Happy Dance!

Tlambing I love it! That is very patriotic I am glad we all got on a health kick with our salads.. I am sure the President and Mrs. Obama will be happy to hear we ate healthy even if it was only in our minds

Has anyone heard from Aunt Crabby? her partner would like to mail but needs her mail to! and we both have written her with no response.. help! I know she was recommended by someone here.. maybe you know where she is??

This is why I am going to suggest to you: Don't you mail your runners til you are sure you both are on the same page, are communicating and well know you both will be good to go with sending a runner to each other. I do not want one single person here to send a runner and not receive one back. You can do what you chose to do but please note I am offering this warning. Keep in contact with each other, once a month every two weeks, every day right here in the forum.. por favor!!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Booked full for today with cleaning, boom blocks and catching up on pictures. Tomorrow is going to be labeling envelopes and picking out fabrics I think (can't rush picking fabrics, it's the best part!) Now what way to go. My partner likes Coca-Cola, red-white-black but gave me freedom to do anything since the last few have been those colors. The question is would she be happier with that color scheme or could something else be the ticket.... hmmmm..... I am perplexed. Any ideas ladies? Really thinking of adding grey into the design somewhere.
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    I am glad we all got on a health kick with our salads.. I am sure the President and Mrs. Obama will be happy to hear we ate healthy even if it was only in our minds

The only thing healthy about my diet are the healthy size portions I eat - no wonder I'm a healthy size - LOL

We ate healthy last night. Pork chops, salad and green beans. Yummy!!!

Now...I have the top completed and don't know if I should share it or not. What if Grandma Di wants to be surprised!!! Hmmm...will think about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    We ate healthy last night. Pork chops, salad and green beans. Yummy!!!

Now...I have the top completed and don't know if I should share it or not. What if Grandma Di wants to be surprised!!! Hmmm...will think about that one.
    How about just a peek?

Quote Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
    How about just a peek?
    Ok...but SHHHHH!!!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...89-413797.html

Also, here is the backing fabric. Have to find a binding fabric.

Name:  Table top backing.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  100.8 KB
    Last edited by Yosamitesa; 05-16-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Ok...but SHHHHH!!!!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...89-413797.html

Also, here is the backing fabric. Have to find a binding fabric.

Name:  Table top backing.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  100.8 KB
    I need those butterflies! I'm collecting batik butterflies and hummingbirds

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast