Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 AM

I sent my information in! I couldn't let Brat have a party without me, she is too much fun! I have some wonderful watermelon and green ticking fabric or some florals. Whatever my partner wants I am always up for shopping! I don't know what I really want, my house doesn't really have a theme or decorating direction, I have never really done anything about it. Maybe butterflies me and the girls love butterflies, but my husband would love something patriotic, a Texas theme would be cool. I am actually open, I like to see different techniques and fabrics!!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
Oh oh oh!! Yes please... something WINE-y would be fantastic!! I have a tall metal table in my kitchen that is the shape of a wine bottle and holds a few bottles and glasses. I looooove it!

Sadly though, I live within 30 miles of 24 different wineries and have been to 1. Pathetic, I know...
Maybe we will get paired up!!! I've been to Piney Woods I can't tell you how many times. I love it!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
I sent my information in! I couldn't let Brat have a party without me, she is too much fun! I have some wonderful watermelon and green ticking fabric or some florals. Whatever my partner wants I am always up for shopping! I don't know what I really want, my house doesn't really have a theme or decorating direction, I have never really done anything about it. Maybe butterflies me and the girls love butterflies, but my husband would love something patriotic, a Texas theme would be cool. I am actually open, I like to see different techniques and fabrics!!!!!
OH!!! I have Texas fabrics!!! Tons of them!!! I'm already saving pennies (well actually cans to trade in for money) for the Texas Quilt Shop Hop in September. I saw the fabric, AMAZING!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

im debating on this, im on the scrap board, and ahead on swaps there. its the shipping that's killing me. what sort of designs are people doing??????? I don't even know what I need. im good for surprises though. someone, please answer and tell me what youd like so I know what im getting myself into, thanks, I need ideas.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM

Bwahahahaaaa....you thought you could trick me by changing who runs this swap, eh??!! No such luck, as here I am signing up for it!!! LOL...Sorry, I just had a "Snidely Whiplash" moment...
Will pm you my info, Brat. One big reason I love this swap is I am trying to get better with my fmq, and this is a small enough project to be great for that...Um, if I would only stick with it and not revert back to my hand quilting...
Kif
Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE-lynnie;6010994]im debating on this, im on the scrap board, and ahead on swaps there. its the shipping that's killing me. what sort of designs are people doing??????? I don't even know what I need. im good for surprises though. someone, please answer and tell me what youd like so I know what im getting myself into, thanks, I need ideas.

Hi, Lynnie. So far I've heard tropical flowers, wine, patriotic, ice cream and Texas as possible themes. I like sea shells. There's others I can think of like flip flops, lighthouses and bikes. It will all depend on your swap partner and they are picked/ unveiled May 8th. Come on out and play!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Kif, we can convert you can't we group? um your a diamond girl for hand quilting but oh my joy fmq or even stitch in the ditch.. you can do it cinderelli! this project no hand quilting for you. unless its all you really want to do. look no time best machine quilt it!!! welcome welcome welcome!!

I am only here this round in case Anastasia wants her swap back if not well.. its me kids. humor me.. or just roll your eyes and say oh heck its the BRAT again.. ready and willing and at your service troops! I am so happy with all the sign ups already keep them coming keep them coming. Everyone the water is sooo toasty warm! jump in with the gang its a very serious group we are. yuppers. very serious. first I have to look that word up but in some countries we could be considered serious I just have to see what countries are not discovered yet and yup that is the one! yup yup!! I am so wanting to make something to make someone smile I love these runners, I dont do decor since well mine is ecclectic at best. I do holidays and seasons! which cant match my furniture no how but everything works with the rest of the silly things I put out so its all good. I just love the change of scenary in the house.. same old same old boring. cant afford a new sofa every three months or year or five so well I change up the little things which bring a new life to the rest try it you will be addicted honest! its like popcorn for those who like just five kernels right? or cookies only one right? or pretty ornaments on the tree.. one? NOT happening. sorta like that only better. give me five I will remember why..
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM

I definitely want in on this again!!! I will send you the info you need now!! Woohoo!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:47 PM

Ooh, I just had a thought....who wants a pretty red & white runner? I made 8 placemat sized Danish flags before Christmas, then didn't use them for what I planned to, so now they're pretty UFO's. In case you've never seen a Danish flag:

http://denmark.dk/en/quick-facts/national-flag/

I actually thought about making something quilty out of them, but I haven't decided what yet.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:53 PM

Dusty'smomma, a little blue and it's the 4th of July, no problem. Lynnie, you can do this. Summer or patriotic, table mat or table runner, come join us......after all I had never made a pin cushion or needle case. Would love to see you here also.