Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30

Thread: Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

I wish I could get off work early today! I want to go see Debbie & ask her all sorts of things about my machine! I'm thinking that I need a full set of colors as well, but having never bought embroidery thread for a machine before, I know nothing about it. I asked to join the Viking Topaz group on Yahoo, hoping to get to ask some question from other owners of the same machine before I got mine so I could be prepared supply-wise, but it's been 6 days now and my request is still pending. I'm not sure which area would be appropriate to post that in here either....(insert sigh here as I wobble off back to work)

oh oh I would get ten of each! lol.. thread? I have been so fortunate not to have had to buy thread in a long while. Jaba had a box of little spools, medium spools even a couple LARGE ones! in every color some make only one block bobbin to top thread some several but I am almost down to one layer now. Talk about a gift. I love the thread is it Meltzer? lovely thread rarely breaks but not great for large quantity use I think cost wise if it matters. Connecting threads has a deal on cotton threads rainbow colors... so hard to decide what the need and use is. I have champagne taste and a please donate to the can budget so not the person to ask. Ask other long arm quilters and average the answer.
    OK Jan says I should do: Fall or Halloween period. If that is good that is the next theme oh table runner goddesses. please advise ps I didn't get to play in the last one so this one for sure I am in straight up from the beginning. Now to get an even number of players to allow for that or to beg one of ya'all to belly up and play for two! What is the verdict on a time frame for sign ups? I was thinking ten days. Also only 6 weeks to finish so fall would not be all used up by the time we were done. I need your grand advise seriously. Please post!!!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh oh I would get ten of each! lol.. thread? I have been so fortunate not to have had to buy thread in a long while. Jaba had a box of little spools, medium spools even a couple LARGE ones! in every color some make only one block bobbin to top thread some several but I am almost down to one layer now. Talk about a gift. I love the thread is it Meltzer? lovely thread rarely breaks but not great for large quantity use I think cost wise if it matters. Connecting threads has a deal on cotton threads rainbow colors... so hard to decide what the need and use is. I have champagne taste and a please donate to the can budget so not the person to ask. Ask other long arm quilters and average the answer.
    OK Jan says I should do: Fall or Halloween period. If that is good that is the next theme oh table runner goddesses. please advise ps I didn't get to play in the last one so this one for sure I am in straight up from the beginning. Now to get an even number of players to allow for that or to beg one of ya'all to belly up and play for two! What is the verdict on a time frame for sign ups? I was thinking ten days. Also only 6 weeks to finish so fall would not be all used up by the time we were done. I need your grand advise seriously. Please post!!!
    No need to beg, I will do 2. I like Fall or Halloween vs receivers choice. Receivers choice is too wide a range.

6 weeks works........unless instead of Halloween you did winter and fall.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Wait, are we signing up here? I'm confused. Football is fall, right? Ooh, or I might need a round one for my little table I sit by on the porch to hand out Halloween candy, if football doesn't work. The man asked me if I was trying to cover every surface in the house with quilts the other day when swaps for them were mentioned. When I get the new machine, he's going to ask the same thing about embroidery, lol!

The only local person I know who does embroidery said that she had trouble with some thread she got & the guy at the sewing center told her to use polyester & she wouldn't have that problem. More investigating over the weekend, but for now, it's off to the movies. Dusty picked this time, so I'm being dragged to watch Pacific Rim. Not sure how I feel about that just now, but at least it's time he wants to spend with me, so I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    Wait, are we signing up here? I'm confused. Football is fall, right? Ooh, or I might need a round one for my little table I sit by on the porch to hand out Halloween candy, if football doesn't work. The man asked me if I was trying to cover every surface in the house with quilts the other day when swaps for them were mentioned. When I get the new machine, he's going to ask the same thing about embroidery, lol!

The only local person I know who does embroidery said that she had trouble with some thread she got & the guy at the sewing center told her to use polyester & she wouldn't have that problem. More investigating over the weekend, but for now, it's off to the movies. Dusty picked this time, so I'm being dragged to watch Pacific Rim. Not sure how I feel about that just now, but at least it's time he wants to spend with me, so I'll take it!
    no we are not signing up, I was just responding to Brat since she didn't get one with this swap......so if she doesnt have a partner for the next on I am willing to make 2 if she has not partner.

You will have fun with your new baby. I recommend either poly or rayon thread for the embroidery. Each machine likes differnt makers. I use either Sullk poly/rayon or Maderia poly/rayon depending on what I am making.

Buying all the threads can cost a pretty penny..........may have to buy them alittle slow.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Come on sign up!!! I'm ready to play again!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi all - I didn't fall in the river or drive off a cliff - where I live is flat as far as the eye can see. Just been super busy with other things.

I just finished reading several pages and have to comment on my machine - I have a singer Quantum L-500 - it's got an extra large area of space between needle and throat of machine; it has a thread cutter, too many pretty stitches that have yet to be used, a couple different styles of alphabet letters, separate bobbin winder, push button start, super fast stitching - I have to slow it down so I can maintain my 1/4"; it has a knee lifter; okay lighting; and a gizzmo that drops down from in back of needle area that helps pull/feed fabric through. I purchased it from HSN - in fact I purchased both my machines from HSN; I was watching last fall and they were offering the Quantum XL1000 sewing and embroidery machine - almost purchased it for the embroidery and then talked myself out of it - how much embroidery would I actually do. This is a wonderful machine; but I still lust after a Janome or Bernina - I have trouble justifying the cost of those machines compared to what my machine already does.

I can actually say I'm shop hopped out - last weekend Judi and I went to Country Threads in Garner IA - they were having a fantastic anniversary sale and I finally got my rag rug loom that I've been wanting for the past year. It will be a wonderful way to use up all those ugly fabrics that are in the closet - I can't imagine what I was thinking when I purchased them - 'That's it, I wasn't thinking' - LOL. I'll be able to make 25"x37"or 39" throw rugs; they're really heavy duty and will last a good long time. Now you all know how I came up with my on line name dabbler - I have tons of interests and dabble in quite a few.

Are we still signed up for the fall runner or do we need to sign up again. I have some awesome fall fabrics on hand and a few Halloween. Brat please let me know if I need to sign up again.

You all have a wonderful day - we've been having some unseasonably cool temps the past few days; last night got down in the 40's and yesterdays high was 67 today right around 70.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

I will start a new thread for sign ups soon in a few days right now I am just mulling ideas to see what works best for everyone here. and trying to sneak in a runner for me too Summer everyone is so busy on vacations and school is out so the thought was to wait a bit for those things to run their course then BAM! sign ups! lol at least its a theory. I just have to submit a form to Patrice to get it ok'd first then we are golden. that means typing it or cutting pasting etc but I will do this in short order. today I am pooped. I fell asleep at 10 woke at 11:30 took some meds then fell back asleep about 1 only to have the man get up needing water a smoke the bathroom and sure turn those overhead lights on full blast. sheeeeeeesh. then I want to talk had a dream , oh I didn't don't want to talk but sure go ahead.. by 2 am I am wide awake have to be up at 5 cant sleep cooking rice at 4 am. WHAT? now I sit in dialysis about ready to cry I need sleep. serious sleep but I cant because I am the queen of low blood pressure. fall asleep I amin the 60's not great so there is no sleep for me. I have visions of sleep however. I will crawl out of here and be carried home I am sure of it. then so long its been good to know the brat. if I am fortunate I will gain back that energy because... drum roll... its FAIR NIGHT I am looking forward to seeing the quilts and eating horrible food and well it sounded really good yesterday. I just need a nap. crossing fingers ladies crossing fingers.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I love fair food - we have some of the best deep fried cheese curds around - also have to have pronto pup; gyro sandwich; tom thumb donuts and what ever else catches my eye that I normally don't have. We have a decent county fair - they still manage to keep it free at the gate to get in. This year I'm wanting to go to the Clay County Fair in Iowa; it's the largest county fair in the nation; hopefully I'll find someone that wants to go - my mister isn't a huge fan of fairs - his back bothers him from walking stopping looking walking stopping looking.

Brat get yourself 40 winks before the fun event tonight; I can empathize with being woke up in the night and not being able to get back to sleep. My sleep pattern is all out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    no we are not signing up, I was just responding to Brat since she didn't get one with this swap......so if she doesnt have a partner for the next on I am willing to make 2 if she has not partner.

You will have fun with your new baby. I recommend either poly or rayon thread for the embroidery. Each machine likes differnt makers. I use either Sullk poly/rayon or Maderia poly/rayon depending on what I am making.

Buying all the threads can cost a pretty penny..........may have to buy them alittle slow.
    I have a Brother embroidery machine. It loves polyester thread. Be aware, Rayon thread will fade with washing. I bought a small collection and have plenty of color choices.

Hey Hey hey!! its morning! rise and shine my little gemstones! how is everyone today? I skipped the fair I was shot yesterday just getting up two stairs to come in the house was so tiring.. then thinking of dinner? really? and dishes? hah! and well I was a literal couch potato. I am better now. Woke up at 4:30 well rested so ANDELE! ANDELE! lets get going. coffee please. I was thinking on all my boom blocks and how best to use them. They are coming back very nice this swap. And fast too

Dustysmomma, sorry this is not a FOOTBALL tablerunner swap unless you can beg it out of your next partner, which will not be me I surely do not like working with sports theme fabrics. Its weird how some stuff just is harder to work with..don't get me wrong I love STANFORD and their colors red/white with a hint of green are not bad at all its just I wouldn't want to stare at it at all daily. Can't go there. I am alone on this I think. So no need to shoot me now. I get it. I do think this next swap will be a good one. It will weed out those who had trouble finishing last time due to lackof .. commitment and keep those who seriously want to play in. I hope so anyways. NO more grumpy or sad swappers please I do call those who don't follow through but other than that not much I can do so contact is so important. and not shipping until you both are ready to ship is a key also. You may be stuck with a runner but its yours right and we all do the best we can when sharing with each other. So its a not horrific deal. Mailing and not receiving back causes such terribly hurt feelings. So when I do sign ups seriously want in please. today is more boom blocks and then I will write the next sign up for approval from Patrice. yahooooooo!!! Gosh I love my weekends.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Good morning sunshine - aka brat; glad you're feeling better and by not going to the fair you more than likely only missed out on the food and who really needs a food hangover? If you're feeling deprived put your food on a stick and call it fair food - we all know how creative you are - who knows, you just might create the next best thing in fair food. Seems like the only requirement for our State Fair is that it must be on a stick and it can't be a repeat of something they already have.

Now the serious stuff - I'm serious about signing up - I'm in. I have an extra something I'm working on for someone else and then I'm home free.

Good evening!!! Hugs and hope you are doing great!!! Hugs!!!

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Tlambing agreed to swap with me after my original partner went MIA. I'm glad she did. She sent me the most perfect-for-me runner that I could have imagined. The colors are so perfect, fabric gorgeous, workmanship to envy. When it arrived it was wrapped in a ribbon and flower with a corner turned back to show back. I almost hated to unwrap it, but glad I did. Thanks so much. Teresa! Let's swap again real soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nancy that is AMAZING!!!! It matches your table perfectly!!!

Beautiful runner and packaging was great.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Hear all that, Wanda Lou? You need to take a bow, girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Tlambing agreed to swap with me after my original partner went MIA. I'm glad she did. She sent me the most perfect-for-me runner that I could have imagined. The colors are so perfect, fabric gorgeous, workmanship to envy. When it arrived it was wrapped in a ribbon and flower with a corner turned back to show back. I almost hated to unwrap it, but glad I did. Thanks so much. Teresa! Let's swap again real soon!
    SO, So, So Happy you like it Nancy! It was a fun one to make I purchased the orange and green floral a long while back cause I loved it. And, when you let me know your colors that's exactly what I thought of. I think I'm gonna put one together for myself this wknd

That is a pretty runner and it DOES match that table perfectly. are you sure she didn't come over and have lunch with you before she picked out those colors? Tlambing always does a beautiful job and her packaging! omg.. its like a gift in itself isn't it. that cute little bird you clipped to my fq's? I saved it or so I thought. I found the remains a few days ago.. apparently the cats thank you for the adorable treat. sigh... it was cute too. wonder if they would eat those flowers??

off to do my fall writing for Patrice so watch for me!
    Linda

THE NEW SWAP IS UP! BETTER GO SIGN UP QUICK BEFORE ALL THE "GOOD" SPOTS ARE TAKEN! (um where are those?)
    Linda

Gosh, you're gonna make us go look for it too, lol? You coulda posted a link. :P

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30