Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Blog Entries
    I am anxious for the partner assigning day to arrive, too. I have two more UFO's to finish and then I start in on my DGD's graduation quilt. Have to have it finished by next May but will be my own design so is going to be a challenge. I may start a new post when I get it started. My idea is based on a coffee cup I received as a gift over 20 years ago.
    Before I start in on it, I am going to unload the closet and all the shelves in my sewing room and sort fabric. That way, I will see what I have and do not have in order to make it. I am hoping I will have a nice stash shopping experience. LOL! May take a pic if I can muster the courage. Will have time to make a nice table topper for my yet unknown partner though and will enjoy taking a break to do that! Skiff of snow on ground here this morning. Boo!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Fabric selections? Let's see. I love the party ants. They make me smile. I've shared those.
    There's berries. What else would you expect from berryberry.
    Here's some wine motif fabric, too. Who else has some favorites to share/ entice with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

oooohhh I am all about those berries Berry berry!

I just went over the sign up list we have officially 34 people registered for the swap. On Friday I will post the list I have and hope everyone peeks to see iftheir name is on it and if not please let me know so when I assign partners I dont skip anyone!

getting closer and closer...I am so ready to do either a patriotic or a tropical runner.. oh oh I have flowers too and batiks so I guess I am ready
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I can't wait! So many ideas swirling around. I sure hope my partner approves

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I was thinking of summer colors the other day as I entered my quilt shop. Oh MY! they had purples and lime green and whites! they had fruits an blenders!
    They had fruits in the blender? Where's this shop at? They would get lots of my quilty money, lol!

I approve!! lol I love runners. they make my livingroom.. happier. New colors new designs. Its sort of like a painting you hang on the wall.. leave it in one spot for a long time and you stop seeing it. Move it every six months and suddenly its new again. So put a runner on the table enjoy it then TADA change it out and its all new again even if you have seen that runner before. That is why I love them. I am the same with my dinner table and my side board. Variety!!

Well we are rapidly approaching the end of sign ups. I have made a list already of who has what (pets) who cant have smoke/pets etc and well the list is going to challenge even me. So I will hope I get it all right. I can't guarantee you wont end up with a partner you have had before (I am clueless of who you have had!). I can say you will get a partner!! I hope we get a few more last minute sign ups what the heck come on over!! Sign on up! We have room!! Yahooo!!
    Linda

So...BRAT!!! Do we get our names on Monday if sign-up closes Sunday??? Hmmm...guess that would be a lot of work unless you are already pairing us up!!! Oh, I can't wait!!!

So excited! I am going thru my stash this weekend to pick out fabrics!

Quote Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
    Fabric selections? Let's see. I love the party ants. They make me smile. I've shared those.
    There's berries. What else would you expect from berryberry.
    Here's some wine motif fabric, too. Who else has some favorites to share/ entice with.
    Those are beautiful berry fabrics!!!! They look real!!
    I would love to be partnered with you if you are using one of those fabrics!! Yum!!!
    I just got caught up on all the gabbing on the thread! This is a lively bunch!
    I wish I could talk more but I am swamped at work right now! Not that I am complaining, since I was laid off for February and March!!
    I have not had time to dig thru my stash yet but I have some fun fabrics done there!!
    Looking forward to getting my partners name!!!

How does everyone feel about red, white, and blue bandana print? That is what is stuck in my head right now! I am thinking dresden plates connecting somehow.

that would be very cool for a country feel sikesjj.. oh on a tiny white red print could look very old school (you remember OLD school kid right? sigh no no you don't).

I have down all who have signed up, sorted by owns cats owns dogs smokes doesn't smoke allergic to smoke, cats perfume no dog allergies I am aware of so if you have one best speak up! so I am hoping to start sorting today so I can give out names. I will do this Sunday evening not mid day. Last minute sign ups will get each other I guess. I want to be fair and I want to be fast! I have help this weekend.. JABA is coming! she drove from Wyoming to visit Marytoddliz in Oregon and is now arriving this weekend here to see me!!!! yahoo!!!! We will take pics (sorry guys I will be in them wait where is my skunk hat).. and it should be a grand ol time SIGN UP LADIES there is plenty of time still (and men if there is one who would like to join too). Invite your pals if you haven't already. I bet this will be the best runner swap in a real long time. Amazing players! shall I list my wants now? no? sigh.. too bad I want color I want summer I want fun I want.. ok wait it sounds like everyone else's wants too.. ok fine I will wait. not patient on my end either btw.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    How does everyone feel about red, white, and blue bandana print? That is what is stuck in my head right now! I am thinking dresden plates connecting somehow.
    I'd love it! I just bought some purple bandana for a swap. Love me the bandana print!

Blog Entries
    I think bandana prints are beautiful - gives it that country feel; and dresden plates - who doesn't like those!!!

Brat how lucky for you and jaba getting together. You girls will have a wonderful time; can't wait to see photos.
    Do you have anything special planned - is she staying a couple of days or just in for a quick day trip? Enjoy your time together.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    that would be very cool for a country feel sikesjj.. oh on a tiny white red print could look very old school (you remember OLD school kid right? sigh no no you don't).

I have down all who have signed up, sorted by owns cats owns dogs smokes doesn't smoke allergic to smoke, cats perfume no dog allergies I am aware of so if you have one best speak up! so I am hoping to start sorting today so I can give out names. I will do this Sunday evening not mid day. Last minute sign ups will get each other I guess. I want to be fair and I want to be fast! I have help this weekend.. JABA is coming! she drove from Wyoming to visit Marytoddliz in Oregon and is now arriving this weekend here to see me!!!! yahoo!!!! We will take pics (sorry guys I will be in them wait where is my skunk hat).. and it should be a grand ol time SIGN UP LADIES there is plenty of time still (and men if there is one who would like to join too). Invite your pals if you haven't already. I bet this will be the best runner swap in a real long time. Amazing players! shall I list my wants now? no? sigh.. too bad I want color I want summer I want fun I want.. ok wait it sounds like everyone else's wants too.. ok fine I will wait. not patient on my end either btw.
    Brat and JABA hope you gals have a great time this week-end!! And, have you posted any warnings to let peeps close to where you are know that if it feels like an earthquake its just you and JABA??!!!..LOL...I say that as my dh loves to tease me and one special friend I have from elementary school (yep back in the dark ages...) anyway, she lives in another state, and when we get together dh loves to tease us about is that an earthquake or just you 2?..
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Oh yall will have great fun!!!! Wish I could be there to join the party!!!!

Blog Entries
    JABA is coming! she drove from Wyoming to visit Marytoddliz in Oregon and is now arriving this weekend here to see me!!!! yahoo!!!! We will take pics (sorry guys I will be in them wait where is my skunk hat).. and it should be a grand ol time
    I am so excited to see pictures of some of you nice ladies. Since you are sharing, I will post one of me just in case you are as curious as I am. This was taken about a week ago so it is as good as it gets.
    Yikes! This is huge so sorry if I jumped out at you! Use it to scare away monsters and mice if need be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Nice photo Sandy - thank you for sharing - you have very pretty blue eyes.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    More than a day trip, no plans here I'm just going by the seat of my pants. Miss Brat may kick us out you never know. great trip for buying fabric though, I'm going to have a lot to put away when I get home. Certainly have to visit the wineries while we're here brat will have to supervise. I really need to get sewing and use some of this stuff I bought. Made a patriotic and summer runner in case, hope the colors are right or I'll have to shop some more. Brought them with me so I can Mail, can pay the bills online...am really liking this traveling stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    I think bandana prints are beautiful - gives it that country feel; and dresden plates - who doesn't like those!!!

Brat how lucky for you and jaba getting together. You girls will have a wonderful time; can't wait to see photos.
    Do you have anything special planned - is she staying a couple of days or just in for a quick day trip? Enjoy your time together.

I am ready for this , went shopping today got some cut fabric. Found the pattern I want to use. So I am ready willing and able to get started.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    I know you guys are having a blast! Jaba and her hubby stopped by here on her Birthday, My 3 year old Charleigh had to have a Birthday Party for her! We had so much fun. I wish I could have been with you as you met up with Le' Brat, but Charleigh as sweet as she is is not very fun to quilt with! She will be with Grammy for the month of May, so I am going to be running a little behind on some of my sewing! Jaba, Can I post a picture?
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

oh you have my permission lol don't ask her! she might say no! told her I wanted to take a couple pics of us and you should have seen her face. oh .. ok.. lol the thrill of it all was running through her bones at that moment. I am enjoying my visit with them a bunch. We made a tiny run to the market and Jan got to experience our prices up here. I think she was NOT impressed with that. Then we bbq'd and well it came out fantastic (bill cooked I did not) Tomorrow I will take Jan to a couple wineries and get her blasted.. I mean show her what types of wine they have and by the third one I think she will be good to go with going home and sewing some more. or napping... Thankfully my cats have not driven her allergies too bad. I put them away and she gets to sit on wood here lol so no hair gets on her. I like to offer my guests the best in comfort. Here, a wooden dining room chair. Get cozy! lol well tomorrow I give out names! so everyone get ready here they come!
    Linda

ps Sandy what a beautiful picture and the comment on your eyes was right on. I bet you have had comments about your pretty eyes all your life
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Visiting the wineries is a lot of fun - the first time I went to a MN winery we were in Alexandria; grape season was over but the apples were in their prime and I must say I liked the apple wines as well. Since then I have been to a few wineries where they only use grapes and they try to use MN grown grapes only; they make some fantastic wines; my favorite from this past season was a white dessert wine a little on the sweet side "Winter Ice" - great with cheese, fruit and dark chocolate.

You girls shouldn't drink too much wine - I wouldn't want you to go off the track and mess up you 1/4" seams - LOL
    Have a fun and memorable time. Share photos.

Blog Entries
    Have made contact with my partner...What a busy week I have...better start chasing up some ideas
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    Visiting the wineries is a lot of fun - the first time I went to a MN winery we were in Alexandria; grape season was over but the apples were in their prime and I must say I liked the apple wines as well. Since then I have been to a few wineries where they only use grapes and they try to use MN grown grapes only; they make some fantastic wines; my favorite from this past season was a white dessert wine a little on the sweet side "Winter Ice" - great with cheese, fruit and dark chocolate.

You girls shouldn't drink too much wine - I wouldn't want you to go off the track and mess up you 1/4" seams - LOL
    Have a fun and memorable time. Share photos.
    I'm originally from New York. The town that my mother lives in, Watkins Glen, is at the southern tip of Seneca Lake (the southernmost of the finger lakes), and is within about a 30-45 minute drive to 30 or more wineries. The region is well known for ice wine, unique blended wines, and beautiful scenery. Last spring was the first time I'd gone on a wine tasting tour. My cousin, her husband, her sister, and my boyfriend and I had a wonderful afternoon, then went back to Watkins Glen for dinner at Jerlando's Italian restaurant with my mom, her sister, and my cousin's kids. It was a highlight in an otherwise somewhat bleak visit, as I knew that trip would be the last time I got to see my Gramma alive. We went to Gramma's the next day and told her where we'd been & she looked at my boyfriend, who'd she'd already been hitting on (lol), and asked him if he brought her some wine for their date. My boyfriend was speechless for a moment, his eyes got big, and she got the biggest laugh out of it! Even at 93, she still had it!

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast