Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins.

A basket block sounds so cut judith. I was looking at one yesterday on line. These are two I liked while browsing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Red I love the blocks!

Love your enthusiasm Red, you have so much inspiration to offer. I need to come visit where you live, it seems a lot goes on there in your autumn.

We are in the middle of autumn here. Our summer weather carried over into March (the beginning of our Fall) which was lovely for continuing outside activities. Then April brought Easter and the mild temps continued with the rainy days starting later in the month around our ANZAC Day. The rain has continued (rather constantly now) into May. Hopefully it will fine up a bit for this Sunday, which is Mothers Day here.

Hi Dee Cee ... Mother's Day is Sunday here too. We have had unusual weather too. It rained yesterday and last night. It made pulling weeds this morning easier, LOL! I would love to have you for our fall. Just let me know when you want to come. We are very casual here in nevada. Jeans were invented here in reno and it has continued on to this day. There is a mining city up the hill and Lake Tahoe is just as close to visit the shops and restaurants up there. We have many quilt stores scattered here in the northern part of the state. I like to go and pick wild blackberries and picnic in the same area a park called Dog Valley. A nice outing and very close to me. So come on, visit, sit and chat and get a little spoiled.

Here is the latest try at a block for the swap. A 9 1/2 " water globe. I ran across the fabric and it made me make it this way. Ever feel like that?
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-07-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

We don't have hedgehogs! When I lived in Great Britain, my little garden was adjacent to a little greenhouse. I actually had a little family of hedgehogs that lived in the hedge! My little ones loved them too. The older gentleman who had the greenhouse adored all of us and kept us supplied with fresh veggies! He was surprised to find out we didn't have hedgies in the states.

We do have labor day here in September and Veteran's Day is in November. Grandparent's day is also in September. School starts here in August too. Fall is my favorite time of year and also when I celebrate my anniversary.

Gotta get started now!

Quick question .... do we send in a set of 4? Or is it 20? 😁

Love the snow globe Red.

We have wild blackberries growing everywhere in the area here. Actually they are classed as a noxious weed and the Council poisons them. We don't pick blackberries unless from a private property that we know doesn't spray.

We don't have hedgehogs but we do have echidnas, which are very similar. (Spell check wanted me to type enchiladas - not quite the same thing. )

I went fabric shopping and picked up 9 FQ's on sale for $50. That's $5.50 each - about $1 off per FQ. That's great for here, so I don't want to hear any comments comparing your prices. La la la - covering my ears.

I don't have much in the way of autumn colours in my stash so I figure I needed to fill that gap.

Hi Elaine. Sets of 4. Maximum of 5 sets (max of 20 blocks).

All washed and draped over the clothes airer now.

Quote Originally Posted by GracefulAnn View Post
    We don't have hedgehogs! When I lived in Great Britain, my little garden was adjacent to a little greenhouse. I actually had a little family of hedgehogs that lived in the hedge! My little ones loved them too. The older gentleman who had the greenhouse adored all of us and kept us supplied with fresh veggies! He was surprised to find out we didn't have hedgies in the states.

We do have labor day here in September and Veteran's Day is in November. Grandparent's day is also in September. School starts here in August too. Fall is my favorite time of year and also when I celebrate my anniversary.

Gotta get started now!
    What a sweet story Graceful ann. I remember when we lived in North Carolina people would come from all over the world at "Leaf Time". It was so beautiful, like a patchwork of autumn painted onto the hills.

DeeCee! That is terrible what you must pay for fabric! Yikes!
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

I just saw this swap; fall is my favorite season! I've been wanting a fall quilt for sometime now, so maybe this year I'll get one. I will see what I can do before I sign-up. I am glad to hear that Halloween isn't to be included in this theme, as I think it really is a theme on its own. I'm excited to see how creative people are being; makes me more enticed to join in. I'll be lurking!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Red The "leafers" are a huge tourism draw for North Carolina. I live the apple festival Labor Day weekend in Hendersonville.

Yes, all of Asheville was full during the leaf time. I lived in fairview outside of town. I do have one cousin that still lives in North Carolina. Also relatives in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Guess what I did? I put a sewing needle all the way through my middle finger on the left hand a couple hours ago. I honestly could not believe it! It was half way in and half way out the other side. I just happen to have a needle-nose set of pliers there on the sewing desk and had to yank it back out with that. It is sore, but not too bad really. I am contemplating going to get a tetanus shot. I haven't had one in years. Geesh, it is always something.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    oo, more pretty pictures and inspiration. I love the retro, fall colors on the butterfly. An the wall hanging with the leaves is just adorable! Some people really do have great imaginations!

Thanks Red for all the inspiration.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    Yes, all of Asheville was full during the leaf time. I lived in fairview outside of town. I do have one cousin that still lives in North Carolina. Also relatives in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Guess what I did? I put a sewing needle all the way through my middle finger on the left hand a couple hours ago. I honestly could not believe it! It was half way in and half way out the other side. I just happen to have a needle-nose set of pliers there on the sewing desk and had to yank it back out with that. It is sore, but not too bad really. I am contemplating going to get a tetanus shot. I haven't had one in years. Geesh, it is always something.
    Oh my word Red. It certainly won't harm anything to go get a tetanus shot. I bet that finger is going to be a whole lot more sore tomorrow. Don't forget to put the Neosporin on it. I swear by that stuff. It always seems to cut the healing time in half.

joining in this swap sending 20 blocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    I put a sewing needle all the way through my middle finger on the left hand a couple hours ago.... It is sore, but not too bad really. I am contemplating going to get a tetanus shot. I haven't had one in years. Geesh, it is always something.
    Don't contemplate... GO. You need a current tetanus shot after an injury like that.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ouch Red - definitely get a tetanus shot.

Red! I'm so sorry about your finger! Please get a tetanus shot as soon as you can!

Yes I plan on going today to get one. I did put the neosporin on it after I cleaned it up and a flexible band aid. I am surprised it didn't hurt more than it did.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Red, that must have hurt like billy-ho! I hope it heals well and fast.

I know someone else in this swap is making a squirrel block, but I have a pattern that I really like for squirrels. Would you all mind if you got two? I don't want to copy anyone. The picture is a bit huge, sorry. The block shown I made for a baby quilt but I loved doing it and would like to share it. I hadn't done the eyes yet.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Blog Entries
    Nzquilter, the more the merrier! It will give me more to swap out. Besides, hardly ever do we cross over making the exact same things. Love your squirrel.

NZQuilter I love your squirrel we have them all over here in TN I would love to receive one.

Ok ladies I am in on this one working on blocks will post pictures when I have some finished.

Blog Entries
    can i sign up for this swap, id love to join in, i do have a wuestion, in a set of 4, do they have to have the same exact material for each, like if we make 4 bunnies, {ex} can each bunny be a different color are does each bunny have to be exact matches of of bunny color and all, } can we do various colors within a set, got a great idea, will pm u when i find my pattern,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the swap lovngrandma. No, you not have to use the same fabrics. But, they must be the same set theme for the four blocks. Exp. 4 bunnies using different fabrics, 4 leaves using different fabrics.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast