Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    My SP is sleeping.
    She doesn't post photos.
    She doesn't post anywhere but in the SP swap threads.
    And she doesn't post here much at all.
    She has no avatar either.
    She is an enigma.

This could be me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill View Post
    I'm off to have lunch with my 94 year old Uncle Bob and his 90 year old wife (which we make a point of every couple weeks) and while out, will pick up a couple things for my SP. Like you, K, she has never posted anywhere, has been a board member for years, so I don't know if she reads the posts and just doesn't participate, so I don't know if she would see any clues. I hope she gets involved now! I hope she likes my package. Her interests are totally different from mine, so it's off to the shops!
    This could be me.

Krystyna: I am usually awake when you are asleep! Is it me?

Knitette: I was thinking more about animal rescue-it's hard to carry an unwilling cat home on the train!

I love reading all these clues . But no match yet.

I have a question. Is re-gifting acceptable? I don't want to offend anyone who might see one of their gifts to me being given away.

In the past, re-gifting was o.k., but was frowned on if you re-gifted a homemade gift that someone had taken the time to make especially for you. I would re-gift a bought item, but not a homemade one from a fellow swapper.

I agree with Toomany on the re-gifting.
    Someone about 3 pages back asked about mug rugs (sorry, I forgot who it was). A mug rug is a fabric spot (rug) for your coffee, tea, glass (mug). I make them out of 5 1/2" squares. They're kinda neat and we use them all the time. Keeps the liquid rings off the furniture.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl68 View Post
    This could be me.
    Nope, sorry, you have made posts before. My SP hasn't except the day she joined

Blog Entries
    Ok, so call me dumb, I forgot to add thread and wondered why I hadn't been getting updates!!!

SP -- Your Package went out today, it is rattly...(Is that a word?) lol. They said you should get it Thursday so look out for a rattly box!! Heh.

Oh and just to give a quick hint. It is going to Ohio. HA!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    .......and they're off! Should take just over a week. Managed to send the right parcels to the right people this time (I hope)
    If you're mystified when you open it as to why I would send your cat a bone then I'll have done it again........

So, a cat owner and a dog owner. Both of you don't like licorice (neither do I). Both of you don't celebrate a particular holiday, but different ones to each other.
    Did I already mention you both have the same initial?
    Things that make you go...hm....
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Gaijin - それはあなたではありません
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Both of my SP's were mailed today. Both are headed east, zips total 11 and 18. One likes purple and the other red, 1 reads and the other doesn't except quilting mags of course. 1 listed what she collects and the other didn't.

Blog Entries
    I need the person who mailed to Fayza to send me a pm. She received it today. Came from Hope Harris a name I am not familar with. Her assigned sp did not send it. Perhaps a RAK?

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Both of my SP's were mailed today. Both are headed east, zips total 11 and 18. One likes purple and the other red, 1 reads and the other doesn't except quilting mags of course. 1 listed what she collects and the other didn't.

Well my zip totals 11 so that could be me. I also love reds and I also more than just quilt magazines.
    clsurz

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
    I need the person who mailed to Fayza to send me a pm. She received it today. Came from Hope Harris a name I am not familar with. Her assigned sp did not send it. Perhaps a RAK?
    What is RAK?
    It was a neat package, I'd post pics to see if the sender recognized the items but cannot get them to the size the QB requires to upload
    The package included a homemade basket, some green crocheted items, stamped cross stitch kit, bits of fabric, highlighters, pencil sharpener, and a pkg of 4 hook magnets.
    Angela

I love reading all the clues, some sound like me. My package will go out in the mail Saturday. so excited, and this is so much fun. I loved sewing for my SP.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Ok going to bed so it must be time to catch up on QB. Maybe I can offer a clue why some aren't on here posting too much...
    Anyway skaduzy if you think Ohio b/c of the cardinal-7 count them 7 states have claimed cardinals as state birds, so maybe but maybe not.
    queenof ... there are lots on here who DO like black licorice me raising my hand to black licorice.

Re-gifting question, it is ok to re-gift. The rules are stated on the first page, those are the only rules. Now some are of the opinion that re-gifting should not be done, some as stated don't think hand-made items should be re-gifted. I am of the opinion that anything can be re-gifted even hand made items. To me if someone received something they can't use, or for one reason or another wouldn't be using or even don't care for, it is better to pass it on in the hopes that someone else will use it. After all if one isn't ever going to use it or have used it gently and doubt that they will ever use it again, what is the point of it sitting in a drawer or box? Pass it on. Quilters in the past were very practical, if they weren't going to be using something why not let someone else? After all one can appreciate that someone made them something, and if they pass it on to someone else that might use it -that shows more appreciation for the work that went into making it, or the cost of buying something, than it sitting in the closet. So for me, if I send something to someone and they want to pass it on, it is fine with me. I guess if someone posts that they don't want their hand made items passed on, then don't pass it on to anyone on the board. this swap is suppose to be fun. enjoy yourself and mail by the deadline. Or talk to Lori.
    Nancy in Louisiana - I still have things to get for my sp too. It is the over achievers I think that are mailing their packages already. My goal is to mail by the mail date. Sometimes I am a few days before. Once I was somewhat early cause I had something coming up.

Blog Entries
    I have to amend my comment on my SP that she never posted anywhere. For some reason, when doing a member search by name, she comes up, and clicking on her profile, shows her having joined in 2007, with only one post. Well, I just saw a post by her in another thread and clicked her name on that post, and was brought to a completely different profile. She is fairly new, but does participate different threads! So, apparently, the search by member, clicking on that board name and being directed to the profile page isn't up to date!! So, I take back ALL I said, and hope she enjoys the package I have been preparing for her!! I don't recall seeing a post from her on THIS thread, but she is definitely participating on the board!

Quote Originally Posted by fayza View Post
    What is RAK?
    Random Act of Kindness
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    I need 2 angels if there are any out there..........

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    Knitette: I was thinking more about animal rescue-it's hard to carry an unwilling cat home on the train!
    I believe you. Many wouldn't - but I do.

Name:  cat_basket_train.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  25.4 KB
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Adorable picture! I wish the train was full of cats and not people!
    How are you, Knitette?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    Adorable picture! I wish the train was full of cats and not people!
    How are you, Knitette?
    Lol - I bet you do. Don't think I could stand the crush. I'm well thank you. It's morning here of course. I'm assuming you're just in from work. How's your father now?
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Random Act of Kindness
    Speaking of RAKs, I just wanted to thank Vanogay for the lovely surprise package. She read about me not getting either of my December parcels and despite me telling the many people who generously offered, not to send something, she did anyway! "She's a thrawn quine" (she's a stubborn girl), lol.

Kathleen made a lovely stiletto, needle keeper and pincushion with a thistle as well as a tape measure, needle threader, fabric kit for a runner and a great set of tweezers with a magnifying glass - I've used them already! thank you so much.

Name:  IMG_0499.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  826.2 KB

Just sent you a PM
    clsurz

Quote Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
    Just sent you a PM
    To me or someone else?

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast