Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED

Okay some one please tell me how you are going around your leaves and blocks.I don't know what stitch to use I have tried several and want it to be small,or should I hand sew around them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgrl
    Okay some one please tell me how you are going around your leaves and blocks.I don't know what stitch to use I have tried several and want it to be small,or should I hand sew around them?
    I use the blind hem stitch on my machine. I then decrease the bite on it to be much smaller. I like how fine it looks. To me it is a cross between a blanket stitch and a straight stitch. I learned it from Pam Clarke at Log Cabin Goods when it was open.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    I use the blind hem stitch on my machine. I then decrease the bite on it to be much smaller. I like how fine it looks. To me it is a cross between a blanket stitch and a straight stitch. I learned it from Pam Clarke at Log Cabin Goods when it was open.
    I am sorry,but which is the blind hem stitch,can you post a close up picture of your block.I have tried all the fancy buttons and made the zigzag smaller,but that is not quit right either.I have a janome,but use basicly for straight stitches

At my little house, buried under a pile of fabric.
    I like your blocks materialgirl, very nice choice of colors.
    I think the stitch I use looks kinda like this LLLLLLL, thats really a sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    I am sorry,but which is the blind hem stitch,can you post a close up picture of your block.I have tried all the fancy buttons and made the zigzag smaller,but that is not quit right either.I have a janome,but use basicly for straight stitches
    it should look something like this on the machine graphics

http://sewing.about.com/od/technique...neblindsti.htm

and here's a tute using it for applique

http://bunnyhill.blogspot.com/2009/0...eedle-and.html

On the Janome, the stitch I use looks like a backwards E on the stitch selector. I shorten the length and widen the width. Do a couple of practice stitches to see what you like the best. I am so impressed with all the help being offered to our quilters!

Yes thank you so much for all the help.I had to shut down my computer last night,we had a terrible storm blow through.The tute was very helpful

Blog Entries
    thanks for picking up the slack for me when i tried to help. Was unable to reply back on my assist. Need to have my quilts at work to photo cause when i get home, I am off with the the kids and graduation time. On a Bernina 165, it is a number 8 in the regular category. Also on a Viking, I believe it is 8 or 9, haven't used my Viking a while so not positive. The Tute is perfect for instruction. Sorry not quick on the draw there magerialgirl.

Deb,

Could you please specify what you mean by address label? Is it just a piece of paper with our address, or do you actually need us to create a label through priority mail?

Received marniata and Sew and Sew 2's blocks. Oh man, they are even prettier than I anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
    Deb,

Could you please specify what you mean by address label? Is it just a piece of paper with our address, or do you actually need us to create a label through priority mail?
    I need a label that I can attach to the bubble package. Just a piece of paper with your address is okay, some have picked up a sticky label from the PO and some have just used an index card that I can tape on.

Oh all the Dresden blocks are so beautiful, maybe I can join the fall one, I don't have time to do the spring one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Received marniata and Sew and Sew 2's blocks. Oh man, they are even prettier than I anticipated.
    Where's the pictures where's the pictures......
    I have everything preped now for the fall plates. So I am thinking I will get them done by saturday and send both at the same times.
    Yeah......OK, I got some blue and silver snowflake fabric today..........hmmmmmmmmmmm

I haven't even posted the Fall swap yet...!!!!!!!!!....but yes, I will be doing the winter plates as well, with Patrice's permission. She thinks I am nuts with all the swaps I am hosting. Little does she know that these swaps actually help my sanity. And yes, they will be blues and whites/silvers primarily for snowflakes or shades of red for pointsettias. As for posting pics, will when I have a bit of time. I am really pressed for time till ....oh....about Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Where's the pictures where's the pictures......
    I have everything preped now for the fall plates. So I am thinking I will get them done by saturday and send both at the same times.
    Yeah......OK, I got some blue and silver snowflake fabric today..........hmmmmmmmmmmm
    yes, you may send both sets in, and please indicate if you want to wait for both sets to be returned or if not, you will have to send in two labels and two flat rate stamps.....up to you...makes no difference to me.

Thank you very much. I enjoyed the Dresden Plate pattern.

How many people are signed up and how many sets are being done?

Just curious. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    How many people are signed up and how many sets are being done?

Just curious. :wink: :wink: :wink:
    There were 14 of us....and the swap closed yesterday. Everyone did just one set. I am hoping that the fall one will bring in more - fall does seem to have a huge following. Spring - I know that everyone just gets busy and time gets away from us. And Dresden plates do not appeal to everyone.

Question- when you applique the plates to the background, do you just stitch around the outside borders of the plates- or do you also go down the lines to the center circle?
    It looks like you just go around the outside edges and around the center circle, but can't see clearly. I also see stitching around the outside of the leaves.

Thanks

Question- when you applique the plates to the background, do you just stitch around the outside borders of the plates- or do you also go down the lines to the center circle?
    It looks like you just go around the outside edges and around the center circle, but can't see clearly. I also see stitching around the outside of the leaves.

Thanks
    Hmmm... I don't know about the others, but I just stitched the outside borders of the plate and around the center circle. I didn't do the "spokes" of the plate. I hope I did it right!

i'm just stitching down the outside edge so i hope thats ok since i've made 4 already

I just stitched the outline of the leaves (have to place them first under the petals) and I just did blanket stitch all on the outside of the plate. When you attach the center circle, that will hold the plate in position.

Thanks for all the help. I am off work this weekend and want to "sew up a storm", no rain, wind or tornadoes, just a mummomg machine :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for all the help. I am off work this weekend and want to "sew up a storm", no rain, wind or tornadoes, just a mummomg machine :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Should say murmuring machine :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Should say murmuring machine :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I would have thought humming machine because it is finally happy you are sewing.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast