Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 >

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Old 07-31-2009, 05:14 PM

I got it!!! I found some awesome baseball fabrics and coordinates. I have company so I'll have to photograph later and send to you! I'm so excited for you to get this and create!!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 AM

Martina - attached are the fabrics I chose for the baseball quilt for Kennedy's brother. I bought one yard of the panel, two yards of the blue baseball theme, one yard each of the coordinates (red, brown, blue and the blue stripe) and 4 yards of the red/white stars for the backing (he likes red, correct?)

I will send out on Monday - can you PM me your addy please?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15843.jpe   attachment-15844.jpe   attachment-15846.jpe  
Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 AM

And a couple more shots...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15800.jpe   attachment-15802.jpe  
Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

are you going to post a picture of the whole quilt when finished? On my monitor, all of the blocks look black, and I didn't take any pics. Wanted to show my granbaby hers, and her baby sisters. :D
Old 08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I think I have some baseball fabric material that I am not using.
Let me check and I will get back to you!
Kendra
That would be awesome - thank you, thank you!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Martina - attached are the fabrics I chose for the baseball quilt for Kennedy's brother.
R U NUTS? and I mean that in the most affectionate way. That's a lot of money to be spending....but the fabric is gorgeous. A little boy's dream!

Thank you - thank you!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:40 PM

I am a little crazy, but I made my son a baseball quilt and he LOVES it!! I'm happy to help a family that needs support, so am glad I was able to contribute in this way. I can't wait to see what you whip up!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sisters Embroidery
I have some very cute embroidered baseball designs if you want a couple of blocks! I'd love to contribute if you want to go that route for him. We could put his name, etc on it as well if you want.
Also, do you have a lable for Kennedy's quilt? I haven't re-read all the messages lately.
That would be great, personalized baseball embroidery with Glendon's name on it. Right now, I don't even have a pattern yet. If you wouldn't mind waiting in the wings for a bit longer?

I'll most likely hit you up for some embroidered HOPE strips as well. I may do HOPE and hearts in the border. Someone from the list had offered to do a label once we have all the contributors identified (most likely by state and country).

Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
are you going to post a picture of the whole quilt when finished? On my monitor, all of the blocks look black, and I didn't take any pics. Wanted to show my granbaby hers, and her baby sisters. :D
Sorry that it doen's show well on your monitor, and yes, I plan to post more pictures as I get more done.

Right now I'm waiting for the rest of the hands to come in and then I'll get to gettin.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

I went through my stash and found a few options for the sashing. One is a very soft green oriental with multi-colored flowers. I had my color consultant (DH) look at it and he said that it was pretty but....I agree that it is a little blendy with the hand blocks.

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
For sashing/borders, I'm thinking colors that POP!! !
My second choice was a very bright pink with multi-colored dots. It really makes the hand blocks pop. Esqmommy - you were definitely on the right track! Pat's comment sealed it for me. "Honey, that one makes Hope sing!" So, sing we shall.

I'll have DH look at my camera dilemma to see if I can't post some decent close-ups.