Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-29-2014, 07:16 AM

Mailed my SP package today-hoping she gets it OK as the PO is more than usual squirrely these days. I haven't received anything yet but it's still early!! Loved this swap!!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:08 AM

Haven't got my swap yet but the mail isn't here yet so I am anxiously waiting. My package to my partner has been received and I guess that is the important part.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Linda, glad to hear from you as always. Glad you're well enough to get up and take the time to write to usall. Still nothing here, but still have time, so i'm not worried as of yet. will let you know when I rec. the package. hope everyone is well today.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:23 PM

Just checking in real quick to let you know that I received my package today. Now the real waiting begins!
Haven't been on much this week as my hubby has been on vacation and we have been very busy. I promise to get my package out to my swap partner on Monday and I will get a tracking number! Sorry I haven't mailed yet. It's ready, just not mailed. Silly me!
Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving week!
Old 11-29-2014, 03:57 PM

I received my mug rug from ljdugas31. All sooo adorable…. The large mug rug + 2 pieces of kitty kat fabric, 2 cute kitty cat ornaments & 2 made out of felt Thanks so much….
Old 11-29-2014, 05:03 PM

Okay, now ljptexas, you have been put on the naughty list cause it's not the 15th of Dec yet. Elisabrat ( Linda ) I don't know if I could be as in good spirits as you have been. I know coming from the South I hate anything above 45degrees. Snow, NOOOOOO, we don't know how to drive in it. Wind, We're used to it. So I have been trying to keep myself busy as to not think about my package. Today was an absolute beautiful day, so I removed some wilted veggie plants and tilted two of the veg gardens. Need to make an Aundoille and chicken gumbo for tomorrow for a Birthday party and then next week will be spent getting the house all dolled up for Christmas Day.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 PM

Bummer that you opened your package early lpjtexas but at least we know your partner sent you some nice things. How about NOT posting a picture of all of it until the 15th and then we can all see what kind of loot you got. :-)
Old 11-30-2014, 05:37 AM

I sent my package off to the snowy north on Friday. I hope the recipient will like the summery theme. Figured I would make something that would remind her of warm weather when the northern winter just drags on.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:42 AM

People make mistakes everyone. I know why MINE is behind the Christmas tree. I would open it in a ny second. I have two boxes there. Both are wait til the 12th and the other is the 15th I hope. No one marked on my box they were secret pal or mug rugs but I believe I haven't ordered anything so I am assuming those are the two packages ok there is one on the ironing board from England but I was told its a gift not a mug rug swap .. still waiting what the heck its hard as heck to HOLD your package and not open it but think some people are slow mailers and there will be a few late mailers and I am trying to keep this swap waiting for one reason> I WANT TO HERE IF YOU RECEIVE OR SEND. We then have a mailing proof something was sent. I know a few of you might not receive. I have a few also who will send angel packages to cover for missing packages or unsent ones. BUT I need to know. This way we open when everyone gets one sigh not when its late late late to mail for us. If you don't send reminder here: you will be band from my swaps in the future any of them and also from other group swaps. I will send the message to the board plus the other leaders. I will get the word out you did not send. There is little excuse for not sending we had months to make this project. its a small project. THE HOLIDAYS are to be fun not a sad experience. PERIOD. I am sorry to reiterate this but want that warning to sink in. the quilting board is a great place for us. There are so many swaps and sew alongs going on here that to miss out on that is dumb in my humble opinion. We have great chats here, wonderful support here and the group as a whole is a pretty great group of quilters. Be responsible. If you are unhealthy and cant make it LET ME KNOW. Let your family write me I don't care. Just let me know. Please ok end of lecture.

The weather was grand here last night. I mean that I got to clinic and back home before I had to watch the weather turn to goobers in a few short hours. snow came, ice cold weather during the night negative 20 on iphone. oh joy. wind was kicking it in good and the snow came from 1 pm on. phew I was inside. About 6 inches of snow last night. Its stunning to enjoy from inside. I would not want to go outside however so today is mine inside.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

Our weather is glorious today in the 50's . going to JA's to get a few things for my last minute gifts for friends here.
all my stuff is mailed out already. have a great day everyone. Linda, stay warm inside.