Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 >

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013

Old 04-17-2013, 07:16 AM

I tossed my hat in the ring - decided there are enough ideas for projects for someone to choose from.

jaba - I purchased a jellyroll of blue fabrics and liner fabric on a shop hop a few years ago with the intention of taking the class to make one of those sweatshirt jackets; I was looking forward to it; I kept after the owner of the shop asking when the class would be held and finally she came back with the reply she was closing her shop. Now I have a pattern, fabrics and no clue how to proceed. Guess when I have a few extra minutes I can check out youtube to see if there is a how to video. I could always re-read the pattern and if I get stuck ask for help from board members that have made them. This board is full of beautiful people - always offering advice and encouragement when you need it.

Here's my funny from yesterday - I gave one of my bosses a deposit to take to the bank yesterday (+$350,000.00) on his way to a meeting - When he came back to the office after his meeting I asked for the reciept and he gave me the dumbest look - what reciept? "From the bank depost." "Oh no, I went to the post office and put it in the outside mailbox." We called the post office - talked to the post master and he went out and checked the mail box called our office back and said they couldn't find it. Sent the boss to the post office with similar looking envelope same stickers same verbage "Matthew please deposit in Ckg - thank you". How does the post office loose this envelope, they went through all the mail three times and they weren't looking again - talk about baboons and a comedy of errors. Now we had to call the owners of these checks and ask them to stop payment and re-issue. Bet they wonder what kind of outfit they're doing business with - LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 AM

hope the guy isn't too hard on himself. mistakes happen. of course, if it had been one of the aa's what would have happened? i had a really great boss who would have had me calling all the check owners, but i would have still had a job, and a wonderful opportunity to laugh at myself. yes, i did a lot of laughing at myself there.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM

Oh dear dabbler is all I can say! that is funny from here maybe not so funny when it happened. Glad you didnt make the mistake.. phew!

I posted MY NEW RUNNER SWAP so anyone wanting to have some extra fun should runner over to my swap too! lots of running these days lol. Dustysmomma I wish I could make purses but not really. I think the quilted ones are pretty I would think a large bag like item like grocery bag size? would be grand. not sure what you call those. oh wait! totes! a pretty tote. I have thought often well I would love to try one lined but well . then I think again. frustration and I are not good pals. I chose not frustration these days. I finished two runners quilting today I am so proud of myself. I hate quilting but I did it and it came out ok!!! yahoo!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM

Oh my, that's not good! I bet that $350k missing from the bank hurts too! We have a guy at work who goes to drop off mail, empty our PO box, and goes to the bank when needed. I often wonder when he drops my bank bag into the PO bag with the mail if he's ever going to accidentally do that too. We deposit our checks online electronically, so it's almost always 100% cash. If he did drop it, we'd never see it again.

Elisabrat, don't be shy now, post a darn link woman!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 AM

get real dustysmomma I have posted in the member swap section: ELISABRAT's TABLE RUNNER/TABLE MAT SUMMER FUN SWAP.. its not hard to miss with that beautiful header! lots of sign ups will gladly take more!!

I just checked the calendar OMG is it the day are we there yet? names soon? oh oh I am so excited! this is going to be a GREAT day.. and all these projects will come right away to me and I will never be bored ever again.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM

The lost has been returned - thank goodness!!!!!
Stopped by the post office on my lunch hour and there it is - return to sender from St. Paul MN; how the local establishment missed it is beyond me but someone up above was looking out for us.

Thought when I popped in here I would see some sort of scheduled listing with partner names etc .... my mistake. Guess it will have to wait until later this weekend; a friend and I are traveling to Mankato tomorrow (weather permitting) to visist a quilt show; it's always fun to see someone elses work and get ideas for upcoming projects.
Until the next time - stay stitching my friends.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:25 AM

Dabbler now I want a beer Jayla wants to know what kind of dog that your avatar is?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 PM

sikesjj, trust me ....have more than a beer. Tell Jayla no no. Came in the thread looking for my partner, hoping we were getting names. Okay Dusty'sm- is doing it now, I know they are coming....will check in the morning.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:10 PM

OH but mug rug partners are listed in Community!! yahoo!!! so Dustysmomma this gives you like 24 maybe even 26 hours before someone bugs you.. not ME of course. oh no never ME! (ducking once again stop beaning me you guys!!! its only a huge fib).. I am thinking anytime at all dustysmomma has no need for sleep she has 101 events this weekend so I promise to be modestly good til.. Monday? is Monday a good time frame for me? everyone can vote but dustysmomma as she will say back up bud but well accidents happen like. wonder who my partner will be in this swap? or sigh, wonder if ever we will hear when our partners are going to be posted.. sigh.. nope not me. never even cross my mind to say stuff like that .. right now at least when my mind is busy on mug rugs!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM

Well, signups close today, but it's still today where I live for 3 more hours. I'm going to get up in the morning and I'll pair everyone off then & get started notifying shortly after. I'll get everyone notified sometime before 6pm central time tomorrow evening. Is that good enough? That's before I go to my other thing tomorrow evening.

Tonight was fun. I got lots of compliments on my gold shoes! Yep, I wore the same ones I wore to that formal thing last month with black genie pants & a long black rayon & sequin shirt, and I carried my gold scarf, which I really needed since it's cooled off today. You see, I'm not a shoe fanatic, but I LOVE these shoes! After walking 1/2 a mile in them, then up 3 flights of stairs, standing in one place for 45 minutes, then sitting for dinner & walking 1/4 mile back to the car, my feet aren't sure they like them though, lol. Tomorrow night is the crawfish boil, and I've been warned, lots of alcohol. Since I'm not driving home this year, I've been forewarned that I'm expected to keep up with the Jones's. Oh my....